Downtown Disney Dining?

California Mom

DIS Veteran
Will probably be hanging out at Downtown Disney a few nights during our January visit, and one Sunday morning....I'm familiar with some of the sit-down restaurants Rainforest, Earl of Sandwich.....looking for info on others:
T-Rex? Fulton Crab? House of Blues BRUNCH (Sunday)? others worth trying?

and considering AMC Dine-In Theater....looks cool! I've seen it on an episode of a Foodnework program and looking forward to giving it a try for meal and movie. How's the food??
THANKS

Will probably be hanging out at Downtown Disney a few nights during our January visit, and one Sunday morning....I'm familiar with some of the sit-down restaurants Rainforest, Earl of Sandwich.....looking for info on others:
T-Rex? It's loud. Food is the same as RFC, just with prehistoric names rather than jungle-related. We won't be back just because of the noise and the fact that the quality doesn't make up for it.
Fulton Crab? This one has been hit-or-miss. Some evenings we've had fantastic dinners here; other times we've been sorely disappointed. It's now on the DDP, so I expect the same sort of moderation of their menu. Service has been spotty too, over the past several years.
House of Blues BRUNCH (Sunday)? Really like this one, we've done it several times but don't tend to do it any more; not because of a shortcoming here but rather we just got tired of it (we have similar experiences available here at home so it's not so special at DTD).
others worth trying?Portobello has always been a favorite, although I haven't been there in a couple of years so can't speak for recent experiences. I enjoy the Wolfgang Express in the Marketplace for a quick-service meal (one of my favorites, actually) and I like the sushi at the Cafe, but I was underwhelmed with the Cafe's table-service the last couple of times we went.

and considering AMC Dine-In Theater....looks cool! I've seen it on an episode of a Foodnework program and looking forward to giving it a try for meal and movie. How's the food?? Haven't tried the one at DTD yet, but if it follows the ones around here then the food is decent. Not great, not horrible, decent. I like the Studio Movie Grill's stuff better locally.
THANKS

Don't forget that you can take a cruise up the river from DTD to OKW or POR and try their table services too, if you were so inclined. I like Boatwright's Prime Rib at POR, and Olivia's at OKW is a solid spot too.

Wolfgang Puck Express - yummmmmmmmmmy! Great atmosphere. Great Service. I didn't know what to expect and was impressed by this one! (I don't impress easily!) ::yes::

Wolfgang Puck Express - yummmmmmmmmmy! Great atmosphere. Great Service. I didn't know what to expect and was impressed by this one! (I don't impress easily!) ::yes::

I was just going to say that! I have been dying to try it! I be its delicious!

Katie

Raglan Road is our favorite in DTD. We also have enjoyed Wolfgang Puck Cafe and Wolfgang Puck Express. The Cafe is a sit down and the eEpress is QS that is much more like a sit down meal. The quality of the food is very good. Also, Earl of Sandwich is another good choice for QS.

Raglan Road is our favorite DTD restaurant. It is a beautiful restaurant and has one of the broadest menus in WDW.
With the house band Creel, and the Irish Step dancers it is also lots of fun.
Enjoy

CS: i have to agree with the PP's, WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS. great food... it's better than a lot of the TS restaurants.

TS: RAGLAN ROAD!!! :woohoo: the food is sooo delicious.

we have eaten at T-REX, it's not bad (HUGE portions) & the atmosphere is very cool. it would be great for kids.

:wizard: We love Wolfgang Puck Express...if you're there for breakfast you have to try the cornflake crusted french toast....it's amazing! :lovestruc
They also have great lunch/dinner food.
We tried Raglan Road for the first time a couple of weeks ago and really loved it....we will definitely be going back again.

For TS Raglan Road is a must for us. The best selection of any TS restaurant at Disney. Wolfgang Puck is a hit and miss for us and House of Blues was a big miss except for dessert.

For CS Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace is the best CS at Disney. The one in the Westside does not compare.

We ate at T-rex on our January 2013 trip. It was the best meal of our 6 day trip! My boys, 14 and 11 loved it and my husband (who is a foodie) loved the food. He is not impressed easily. It was loud, but fun and the service was good.

On a seperate trip, I recommended Raglan for my sister (who had recently spent six weeks in Ireland) and my parents to attend. None of them cared for their meal. I don't know if they went on an off day or what, but the food was just not good.

We've done House of Blues Sunday Brunch and had a blast! The food and entertainment were great. DH just said a couple of weeks ago that he wants to go back again in November and we've been there a couple of times.

DTD - Ragland Road is great. We do Fulton's for lunch (less expensive and less crowded) since I love stone crabs and have to get them every trip. Nice atmosphere and I know some don't care for it, but we have never had a complaint with anything we have ordered there.

We've done WPE and it is a different atmosphere than RR and Fulton's. I really like the idea of taking the boat to POR. There is also the Turf Club at SS.

We really enjoy Wolfgang Pucks Cafe. This trip since we're going deluxe we are going to try his signature restaurant. We've also made an ADR for Bongos and House of Blues. We're really looking forward to trying something new.

Raglan Road is great for dinner but they now have a Sunday brunch which looks yummy and fun with live music and dancing!
Portobello is a good choice also. Great food and service. I'm sad they changed the menu to accommodate the ddp but such is life. I will still go back! Lol

We ate at Portobello for the first time Thursday evening. Food and service was terrific. I had the arancini and margherita pizza and the white chocolate custard for dessert. All wonderful.
We've been to Fork & Screen a few times. First time I had a chicken wrap that was wonderful. The next time I had the chicken strips that left a lot to be desired. Onion rings are great. Bread basket with the pretzel bread is a fave of mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!