Downton Disney: the Disney Snob and the Seven Seas Clubs - the end! 5/30

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by AGPrincess, Sep 8, 2012.

1. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

No matter how many times you go to Disney there is always something new to be found. Cute lounge!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AGPrincess

AGPrincess Disney Snob -- Bookish Princess

So SO true! :thumbsup2

4. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

Ahhh, the beautiful Poly! Too bad this is almost over! Will you be writing another TR for your upcoming trip?

5. AGPrincess

Most definitely! I love blogging about Disney too, but I really love the community of the DIS trip reports board. :goodvibes I'm already pondering what the new title should be! :scratchin

6. AGPrincess

Well. This is it. The last update of Downton Disney! It's a good thing I'm heading back to Florida in TWO WEEKS. :cool1::cool1: I don’t think I could take being TR-less for too long! ;) The new trippie is not up quite yet, but keep an eye out for it in the very near future. (I'll post a link on here too).

But FIRST, I figured I'd finish this trippie up by packing as many Polynesian pics into the last post as possible. Sound like a plan? :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

When I last left off, I was having a wander around the longhouses, discovering some views I had never seen before. Like this one of the Volcano from across the marina...

[​IMG]

The Great Ceremonial House looked so pretty across the water from Tuvalu.

[​IMG]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Just look at all those palm trees. :goodvibes

[​IMG]

There’s Tonga! The lounge is on the left side of the building.

[​IMG]

Many of the outdoor staircases at the Poly have chairs for a smoking area. I kinda wish they just had the chairs and a place to sit, without the smoke!

[​IMG]

Looking down at the dock.

[​IMG]

I’m pretty sure this pic was my desktop background for awhile. :)

[​IMG]

Back through the Great Ceremonial House...

[​IMG]

I stopped in Boutiki just to see if there was any last thing I couldn’t resist…

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I do like the Polynesian designs they have, but I decided to wait. Once you’ve seen these Disney t-shirts on sale for $5 at Property Control, you never feel quite the same about paying $30 for them. :sad2:

[​IMG]

I headed back to Hawaii to tell the family about the new secret club lounge I had spotted. We were nearly packed up and ready to go. Sniff. I helped do another luggage-schlepping run to the car, then spent my last ten Polynesian minutes sitting by the windows in the lounge, gazing across the water towards the castle.

[​IMG]

Soaking in as much of the magic as possible to take along with me!

Then the time had come. We made sure nothing was left in the room, said goodbye to the lounge and made our adieus to the Great Ceremonial House…

[​IMG]

Goodbye hidden mickey! See you next time!

Then it was out to the parking lot, blew a kiss to those last palm trees, and into the car to embark on the drive home.

Thank you guys so much for coming along on this trip report! Thanks especially to all those who have commented - reading your comments and stories makes my day. :thumbsup2

Sending lots of pixie dust until the next snobby TR... pixiedust: pixiedust:pixiedust:

Yours,

Emma

7. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

Wonderful TR. I really enjoyed reading along. I love all the Poly info. I can't wait for our stay in September to check out the secret club. Can't wait for your next one to start.

What is Property Control? I want $5 shirts too!

8. Jennifer48

Jennifer48 Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at

Aww so sad its over but I'm glad that you will be writing another TR for your June trip! Have a magical time! :goodvibes:thumbsup2pixiedust:

9. Curiouser&curiouser!

Curiouser&curiouser! DIS Veteran

Thank goodness you have another trip right around the corner! Otherwise I don't know what I would do with myself!

10. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the Concierge fun and the BEAUTIFUL Poly pictures!!

Now that I hear about DVC plans for the Poly, I might actually get to stay there in the future!

Looking forward to your next TR - have a great trip!!

11. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

Great report - thanks so much for sharing :goodvibes

Have a fantastic trip - I can't wait to be back in August :dance3:

12. Miss Potts

Miss Potts Mouseketeer

I've really enjoyed your TR! My favorite part was the Poly CL bc that's my next stay in the Fall!

Can't wait to follow your next TR!

13. jash08

jash08 Mouseketeer

Great job!

If you need a fix until you go back in two weeks, come on over and check mine out!

I really enjoyed your trip report! It was full of anecdotes and good advice ;)

14. Angelrose

Angelrose But I LIKE boring!

Thank you Emma for another wonderful trip report. I'll be waiting for your next report.

15. jwwi

jwwi DIS Veteran

Fun pictures of the little visited side of Poly. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely pictures and stories. Have fun on your upcoming trip.

16. AGPrincess

Thanks! I must check out your PTR, I'm getting excited about your Poly stay just hearing about it! :thumbsup2 There's nothing like the King Kamehamea Club! :goodvibes Property Control is a store for cast members - they have sunglasses for 25 cents (they're all the ones that have been sitting in lost and found for years!) and they also have t-shirts for $5. You never know what shirt you're going to find, because they're usually the defective/returned shirts that they can't sell to guests, but if you wait long enough you can find whatever design you're looking for! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! :goodvibes I'm already excited to start the new TR, and super excited to get back to Disney. We're at 11 days...nearly single digits! :cool1:

lol, that is such a sweet thing to say! :goodvibes Can't wait to see you over on the new TR! :)

Awww, thank you for following around, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! That would be fun to see how they might do a Poly DVC...we might finally be convinced to join. :thumbsup2

Thanks!! Sending best wishes for your trip as well!! :cool1:

17. Mickey'sMainMami

Mickey'sMainMami <font color=red>I love playing video games!!<br><f

Jumping in here really late, but love what I have read so far!

18. WDWaddictt

WDWaddictt DIS Veteran

Great TR!! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your next TR!

19. AGPrincess

Thanks - you'll love it!

I'll have to go check it out. :goodvibes And thanks!

Thank you for reading along! So glad you liked it! :thumbsup2

It is funny how people don't normally get over to that side! Thanks!!

lol, it's never too late to join. :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

20. AGPrincess

21. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

Yay! Heading over now - wonder if this one includes a stay at the Polynesian :rolleyes1