Downton Disney: the Disney Snob and the Seven Seas Clubs - the end! 5/30

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by AGPrincess, Sep 8, 2012.

1. AGPrincess

AGPrincess Disney Snob -- Bookish Princess

We don't always catch Voices of Liberty, but I'm so glad we did this trip - definitely a great Disney show!

Definitely soothing - the voice in Impressions de France is the best! Awww...what a great way to use that hidden phone!

Thanks! Hoping to have an update posted later this afternoon.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

All caught up! You are making me cry that we won't be eating at Via Napoli on this trip....I loved it so!!:sad: Maybe it is really the memory of kids in the kids club, and Sangria to go with our meal that makes it so special!! And the pizza too....delish!

4. AGPrincess

Wow! So cool to know, those performers are definitely great! :goodvibes

YOU DO. I just adore the France movie. And it doesn't make me sick, the way some of the other circlevisions do...maybe because the screen only goes halfway aroudn the theater?

5. disneyhockeymad

disneyhockeymad <font color=magenta>˚o˚ ˚o˚ <font color=blue>Shari

Just so you know, Via Napoli has firmly made it's way on to my ADR list to book in June. I can't wait to try this place! I showed my parents your pictures and then the menu and they fell in love, woo!!

Would you believe I've only seen the VoL once?! They sound amazing but I know very little of the songs haha.

Aaaah can't wait to see you in London :) (hopefully!) It's about time!

6. AGPrincess

It is SUCH a lovely place...sounds like you had a fantastic time there!! :goodvibes

YAY! :cool1: We've only seen the Voices a few times too - if you're not passing through America at the right time it's hard to catch them. But I'm glad we did!

And yes!! So excited to see you, we have to get that planned! :thumbsup2 I leave in less than two weeks now first for France, then England. Can't wait!!!

7. AGPrincess

So I meant to update earlier this week, but then I was scheduled to do inventory at my bookstore, which meant working until 3AM. It actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be, but then I woke up the next morning with a nasty roto virus and spent the whole day being ill. Blech.

At least I got being sick out of the way before Europe, right?

ANYway, when I last left off I believe we Snobbishes were just returning from Epcot to Art of Animation.

I don’t think I shared any pics of the Ink and Paint Shop on here yet. I actually looked around there while Mom was checking in, but we stopped back again after Epcot to pick up a few things…

[​IMG]

One of which was an adorable pen shaped like a paintbrush! SO. CUTE. The only complaint that I have is that the “Art of Animation” logo on the side of the pen was right where your hand rests against it when you’re holding the pen, so it rubbed off really quickly. Also, in spite of having a blue paintbrush tip, the pen itself wrote in black.

[​IMG]

I picked out this Ariel shirt – it is so soft, and I love the purple. And of course the princess!

[​IMG]

The shop, like the rest of the resort, was full to the brim with bright colors – I love how even the display cases lining the wall are shaped like giant jars of ink and paint! They also had a great pin board out in the afternoon, we enjoyed scoping out the selection!

[​IMG]

Dart stopped to get a pressed penny. These were the choices:

[​IMG]

Cute! He went with Lightening McQueen.

The Ink and Paint Shop leads right into Landscape of Flavors, the food court, but we weren’t quite hungry enough for dinner yet, so we went back to the room to relax for a bit first.

[​IMG]

The blue of the buildings blends right in with the blue of the sky!

[​IMG]

Looking over towards the Lion King section – it was just about to open when we were staying there. Sadly it was still partitioned off, so we didn’t get to walk around. We could see some of it from our room’s window, though, which was fun!

[​IMG]

I see Rafiki and Pride Rock!

[​IMG]

We strolled past these fishies to get back to our room!

[​IMG]

I hope all those fish were keeping an eye out – I see some Mine Mine birds!

[​IMG]

It would be fun to re-watch Finding Nemo and see if all/any of these fish appear in the movie!

[​IMG]

I do think I recognize this Mama Guppie!

[​IMG]

Crush and Dory, just hanging 10!

[​IMG]

Advert in the elevator for the in-room pizza delivery. “Why venture out?” I feel sure Marlin would approve.

I should add that that ad is for the official in-room pizza delivery. If you ever find a flyer stuck under your resort door for a generic pizza place outside of Disney, do NOT trust it. Apparently unsavory characters will sneak into the resorts with these flyers representing bogus businesses, then when poor unsuspecting guests call, they’ll steal their credit card information – and, of course, never deliver any pizza. Crazy!

ANYway.

[​IMG]

There were so many charming murals filling the hallways, each with a different scene from the movie. The ones in our building were mostly of turtles!

[​IMG]

There was also one with a whale. Here Athos is swimming along with the whale. I wonder if he can speak whale?

[​IMG]

The EAC seems to run across the walls…

[​IMG]

…as well as on the floors! We basically couldn’t resist “swimming” every single time we went to and from the room. Well, at least I couldn’t.

[​IMG]

We couldn’t stay in the room for long with so much to explore – Dart went out to play on the AWESOME coral playground.

[​IMG]

Seriously. It was shaped exactly like a big giant pieces of coral that you could climb and run around. These are the times when you wish you were five again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the staircases were also capped by oversized, animated coral!

[​IMG]

Athos and Dart and I strolled across Generation Gap Bridge. I wonder if this is still called Generation Gap Bridge? Since it no longer separates the generations. Hmm...

[​IMG]

We found some turtles hanging out under the bridge! Athos and Dart were very interested in the turtles. I was more interested in the Little Mermaid rooms you could see across the lake! They weren’t yet open back in July.

[​IMG]

Having worked up an appetite with our stroll, we were ready for some dinner!

8. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Ooohh any pics coming up of your room???popcorn:: We visited AoA in Sept, and I would've loved to get a peek into the rooms.

9. PirateSnowmen

PirateSnowmen Bazinga!

Oh man, Via Napoli looks SO good! It's definitely on my list of restaurants to try now!

Also, right before I read your update, the Finding Nemo soundtrack started playing on my iTunes. I found it very fitting for this update! :thumbsup2

10. RachelNinja

RachelNinja Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life

Having been able to see Art of Animation this past December (we stayed at Pop), I completely understand the draw of the resort! Pictures never truly do a place justice especially when it comes to just how BIG so many of the design elements are! I like it all except for the big picture of the whale, haha. I have a strange fear of them and must turn away in Turtle Talk when the whale squishes Dory as well as when Monstro appears during Fantasmic! I'm weird.

11. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

AoA looks like such a fun resort! I love all of the bright colors!

12. Aussiesalad

Aussiesalad Totes Mcgoats

I think 'swimming' through the halls should be a requirement of staying there!

13. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great AoA pictures! We can't wait to go check it out in October. The resort specific merchandise is great too. I love that Ariel shirt you got!

14. AGPrincess

I definitely have a few more room photos coming up! :thumbsup2

Via Napoli was seriously fabulous. I want to go back just to try something else from the menu, but I don't know if I'd be able to resist getting the lasagna verde again! :scratchin lol, and that was VERY fitting! :thumbsup2

15. AGPrincess

Don't you love that walk from Pop to AoA? We just thought the bridge was so pretty and pleasant. You are so right though, pictures don't do it justice - it's so magical in person! And I'm with you Monstro, girl. That whale is scary! :scared:

Most definitely! And bright colors is exactly the way to sum it up - everything seems larger than life and so colorful! :goodvibes

16. AGPrincess

AGREED! :thumbsup2

We loved the new merch - so many cute shirts, it was hard to chose one! ;)

17. AGPrincess

[​IMG]

I am definitely a fan of Art of Animation’s food court. It is so bright and cheerful and just DISNEY everywhere.

[​IMG]

The oversized coral painted on the big windows is such a fabulous touch. Wouldn’t it be fun to do something like that in your own house? I mean, maybe you’d get tired of it, but you could put up big window clings or cut-outs for an ocean-themed party.

[​IMG]

I liked the lamps too. There was one for each movie. I think this one was Ariel’s - see all her trinkets and treasures?

[​IMG]

One of several ordering/serving stations.

[​IMG]

Bright but blurry! Obviously I was in a hurry to get to the food!

[​IMG]

Colorful gelato! It looked lovely, but I decided to save myself for the cupcakes.

[​IMG]

These mini cupcakes, that is!! They were chocolate, vanilla, red velvet, and carrot – very tasty and very cute!

[​IMG]

Another time I want to try the mini cheesecakes – how cute are they? What is it about desserts in miniature that is just so delectably adorable??

[​IMG]

Real silverware. Feels so swanky for a value resort. Excuse me, “value plus,” as the CM’s there will be quick to remind you. (And I bet you'r wondering what that delicious cheesy crust is...don't worry...we'll get to it in a minute!)

[​IMG]

Athos decided to try something exotic. This was tandoori Portuguese sausage, I believe. Athos is a sausage connoisseur. All the side dishes that came with it were good but VERY spicy, even the squash and spinach!

[​IMG]

The mozzarella, tomato, and pesto sandwich Mom and I split. It was delish!

[​IMG]

This was Dad’s sandwich (sorry it’s so blurry!), a buffalo-style turkey sandwich. Also tasty if I recall.

[​IMG]

Doesn’t this look seriously amazing? It was pesto cheesy bread, and it was so worth the calories. I'm tempted to recreate it at home one day...I bet it wouldn't be too hard!

After dinner we went swimming in the Big Blue Pool. They had music playing, and it was fun to swim under the giant jellyfish! They were setting up the movie, but we were all tired, so we headed back to the room.

[​IMG]

Admiring the Finding Nemo furniture.

[​IMG]

And art!

[​IMG]

The little "closet" area.

[​IMG]

No Disney evening is complete without a little Disney tv - whether it be watching an episode of Good Luck Charlie for the thousandth time or getting in a little Stacey time!

[​IMG]

The couch, once it had been folded out into a bed.

[​IMG]

Then the table area also folded down into another bed...

[​IMG]

How cute are Nemo and Marlin? Dart and I claimed this bed. We wrote for a bit in our Disney diaries (I started keeping a diary of Disney trips when I was eight, and I've been trying to convince Dart to do the same!), then it was sweet dreams!

18. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Nice pics!! Those rooms look so cute! :goodvibes Added to bucket list!

19. disneyhockeymad

disneyhockeymad <font color=magenta>˚o˚ ˚o˚ <font color=blue>Shari

Aaaaah that food, so much goodness! I fell seriously in love with the food court when we visited, annoyingly though we went just after we'd eaten so I only got to sample the ice cream, but that was amazing :) the pesto cheesy bread looks absolutely incredible! I am drooling just looking at it! Mmmm. How was the music they played underneath in the pool? I've always wondered if it's really clear or not!

20. Curiouser&curiouser!

Curiouser&curiouser! DIS Veteran

LOVING the Art of Animation resort! I doubt we will be able to say there ourselves for a while, but it is just so wonderful!

21. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

Art of Animation looks practically perfect! Can't wait to see it in person on my next trip!

That gelato looks SO GOOD. Wow. :p