2012 Disney TR

Hey Emma, have you stayed in every resort on site? You must have! How about ranking them on your blog - would be a great topic!

I am obsessed with Via Napoli! I have only gotten the pizza there, but that lasagna looks simply divine. I kind of secretly wish I could order one of everything off of that menu! :rotfl: You got some great pictures of the restaurant too! With a toddler it's hard to get pictures of the restaurants we visit because we are so busy keeping him from getting his hands on everything on the table! It is a really beautiful restaurant though, with so many details that beg to be captured in a photograph. :goodvibes

ok so my favourite pic ever in that update... that one from the tram. I realise it's not the amazing looking food but seeing that view makes me so happy. Gah it's just so perfect :)

In other perfect news, that food looks amazing! My family have been kinda against eating in Italy because we eat Italian all the time but I'm desperate to persuade them because it looks incredible! You're pictures have just confirmed that!

And that aqua fresca looks so delicious! Yummy!

Ahhhh, Via Napoli. I haven't been there since 2010 and I really want to go back! SO GOOD.

I love all your pictures! So pretty. That place is gorgeous.

AQUA FRESCA. That DOES sound refreshing... and delicious!!!

I love VIA! The atmosphere is great and the food is really yummy! Love you pictures!

What a great meal you had in Italy! Then a lovely tour of some of Epcot's best! I absolutely LOVE the voice of Liberty. Their singing of such patriotic songs always brings me to tears.

I share your love of the Voices of Liberty, The American Adventure, and Impressions of France. For one reason or another I think I have seen the later on each of my last 5 trips. Something so soothing in the narration.

I know there is a phone at the AA in the entrance way. My DH and I had anniversary pins on during one visit and the CM opened that box and told us we had a call. It was Mickey wishing us a happy anniversary. So unexpected.

Sometimes I wish I could become a Voice of Liberty just so I could wear one of those dresses. I wonder if you get to pick a different dress everyday? Or do they make them custom, just to fit you? I think I like the yellow and golden one best, with all the flounces.

Our decision to turn into American Adventure to see the Voices of Liberty proved to be a fateful one...for this was the first time we heard...Rocky Top Tennessee.

I do not know why that particular song struck such a chord with Athos and I, but it did. We just really liked it. And the Voices of Liberty sang it with such zest and vim! Athos subsequently declared that he would like to have the Voices of Liberty perfom at his wedding. I heartily approve of this notion and hope his future wife will as well. I've seen pictures of a wedding reception held in the American Adventure atrium - I'm sure they could bring in the Voices too!

They sang some other songs too that afternoon, but Rocky Top was the one that stayed with us. We sang it quite frequently on our trip west...it just seemed to fit the occassion. Athos and I will frequently, to this day, start singing it apropos of nothing. Athos knows two full verses and has memorized the little speech that goes before it:

"America has 50 great states, and you know there are so many wonderful songs about them. Here's one of our favorites."

Rocky Top has such a cheerful melody, but then you listen to the words: "Two strangers went up Rocky Top, looking for a moonshine still. Two strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top...reckon they never will!"

Good old Rocky Top.

I was told by a VOL CM that performers are drawn from a working pool of about two dozen under contract.

In terms of pay, in WDW, both the Voices of Liberty, as well as the Dapper Dans, are an AEA gig (Actors Equity Assoc.), which means that the job, while only a yearly contract, does pay a living wage. BTW, I have also heard (albeit secondhand) that Hoop Dee Doo Revue is also an Equity gig. Real pros, for sure.

The things you learn about Disney...

I wish there was a little more to the Italy pavilion, too! It's beautiful but it's lacking in my opinion.

Good old Rocky Top, indeed! :lmao:

I know you've told me this before, but I really need to see that French movie! It sounds perfect. Your trip will be so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter