1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Downton Disney: the Disney Snob and the Seven Seas Clubs - the end! 5/30

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by AGPrincess, Sep 8, 2012.

1. jwwi

jwwi DIS Veteran

Cute video, I'm sure you had fun putting it together. Your brothers are great sports!

My dinner tonight was very boring, as I'm gearing up for Superbowl feasting tomorrow. So seeing all those great looking foods at the club lounge is a little depressing. Hmmmm I need to find a good snack.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AGPrincess

AGPrincess Disney Snob -- Bookish Princess

Awww, thanks! :goodvibes

Glad you're all caught up! :) lol, you can hide in my suitcase. Or maybe we should just plan a DIS girls trip! :thumbsup2 Speaking of meet-up's, my brother Porthos is studying abroad in London this semester, and I'm hoping to visit him in England sometime in March. I'd love to try to see you!! :banana:

4. AGPrincess

haha...I always feel hungry after writing an update too! ;)

The GF definitely has the best club level food choices - we were totally blown away!

I know! You guys got to see season 3 in Sept., but it only started in Jan. for us. I had read spoilers so I knew about Sybil, but it's still so sad. She was my favorite character - I feel like the series won't be quite the same without her! :worried:

lol, you definitely do! It was so wonderful - definitely beyond our expectations (which were already pretty high because, I mean, it's Disney! :thumbsup2). And thanks!

It was really fun putting all the scenes together - and the brothers sometimes had to be coaxed into it, but they were great sports in the end. :goodvibes Hope you enjoyed your superbowl feasting! I know how you feel -- I'm trying to be good and eat healthy, but looking over all these club food photos isn't helping! :rotfl:

5. AGPrincess

As on the previous evening, we really enjoyed the band!

[​IMG]

After dinner Mom and Dad were taking a stroll to digest, and the guys in the band saw them and waved - they remembered Dad! We had thought of a few more songs to request, and tonight they played Sing, Sing, Sing (a song the Notre Dame Marching Band played while I was in it...I was fingering along on an imaginary trumpet for parts of it :thumbsup2) and Pennsylvania 6,500.

One of us would go down to request the song, then dash back up to the Royal Palm level to watch and dance along. During Pennsylvania 6,500 we shouted "Pennsylvania-Six-Five-Thousand!" right on cue.

I think the Grand Floridian Orchestra inspired us to listen to more big band music, because now we're addicted to the 40's on 4 channel on Sirius. And we're storing up ideas to request the next time we go to the Grand!

[​IMG]

Once again there were lots of couples dancing along in the lobby below. These people WERE doing some pretty awesome swing dancing but sadly stopped as soon as I got out my camera. I really think the Grand Floridian should hire a musical director to pick the songs every night, and obviously we've proved that we’d be great at that. ;)

[​IMG]

The Grand was looking lovely that evening...I was not ready to leave yet! Luckily we still had desserts to eat, so we had an excuse to stay just a little longer...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were be-a-u-tiful chocolate-covered strawberries.

[​IMG]

Some colorful fruit tarts.

[​IMG]

Also more cream puffs.

[​IMG]

Also more chocolate eclairs (on the top tier) and orange tarts. I think you can also spot the cupcakes and rice crispie treats photobombing in the background.

[​IMG]

The only sweet-like substance in my house right now is chocolate chips, and here I am drooling over all these old dessert photos. Not good. But the trip report must go on!

[​IMG]

Mmmmmm...this was a little mocha torte. Delish.

[​IMG]

I think they had had this on the previous evening...it was like a linzer tart.

[​IMG]

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BLISS! And yes I had my milk in a port glass just to feel fancy.

[​IMG]

I ate verrry very slowly, so as to enjoy the desserts to the maximum extent - and also so that my stomach would have enough room. lol!

Occasionally I go for a lap around the atrium as a refresher. As in the room earlier in the day, I felt compelled to take endless photos since we'd be leaving soon...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I climbed the little club staircase to visit the Grand Ponciana level and my favorite little table and chairs one last time.

[​IMG]

SNIFF...don't make me leave!

[​IMG]

Another favorite corner...when I like things, I just take lots and lots of pictures of them. I don't know why.

[​IMG]

The castle was gleaming across the Seven Seas Lagoon!

[​IMG]

ctd...next post...

6. AGPrincess

[​IMG]

Back down the stairs…they connected the third, fourth, and fifth floors, which, as I think I mentioned, were called the Ponce de Leon, the Royal Palm, and the Grand Ponciana levels (in that order). Because at a place as grand as the Grand Floridian you can't possibly call floors by something as mundane as numbers. :thumbsup2 The fifth had my table, the fourth the lounge, and the third the check-in desks. I couldn’t remember if I had taken photos of the third floor, so I went down to take a few just in case…

[​IMG]

Because it’s REALLY important that you guys see these cute little chairs. I take my trip reporting duties very seriously. ;)

[​IMG]

These chairs, also super important to document their presence. Honestly, if someone were to look through my Disney photo folders, half of the pictures would be of chairs and couches and the other half of food. People would think I’m crazy!

[​IMG]

Luckily I know you guys won’t…because you also really wanted to see how pink and plump the couch next to the check-in area looks, right?

[​IMG]

The concierge/check-in desks themselves, with CM’s still hard at work. They’re there from 7AM to 10PM.

[​IMG]

Listening to one last song from the band.

[​IMG]

Having one last chocolate éclair… (What I would give for one of these beauties right now!)

[​IMG]

To drag it out as long as possible, we decided to quickly run over to the lounge in Sugarloaf and see if the dessert selection was the same, which it was. In fact, all the food offerings were exactly the same in the Main Building and Sugarloaf, and your key got you into both.

[​IMG]

I love how Disney just glows in the dark.

[​IMG]

We lingered in the lobby while the bell hops got our suitcases.

[​IMG]

My shutterbug instincts die hard, and I was snapping photos until the bitter end.

[​IMG]

Love this little display advertising the Grand Floridian Villas. I wonder if it’s still up? It’s really sweet! If you look closely, you can find a hidden person from a Monet painting!

[​IMG]

Sometimes self-photos are just the best. ;)

Alright, alright, I’ll be done with the Grand. It’s amazing that it was just a one-night stay; it felt longer because we got so much enjoyment out of it!

We ended up driving home (unintentionally) just as Wishes was going off. Our drive back to Aramis’s apartment (which is where we were staying that night) took us behind the Magic Kingdom, so the fireworks were going off literally right above us. The perfect send-off from a perfectly GRAND stay…and the trip wasn’t even over yet!

[​IMG]

7. Curiouser&curiouser!

Curiouser&curiouser! DIS Veteran

Oh, the Grand is just so GRAND!

8. scrapbookersdis

scrapbookersdis <font color=darkorchid>Yes, we are going to Disney

That Grand Floridian Orchestra is the best! I think a CD of their performances is sold in the resort gift shop. :)

9. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

The GF is SO gorgeous!! And I think you managed to show of every single square inch of it for us in your pictures. :rotfl: But really, you got some beautiful shots of a beautiful resort. :goodvibes

10. Janny

Janny Earning My Ears

Dear Emma,
    Just wanted to say thank you for that beautiful trip to the Grand Floridian. You have such literary & vocal talent!! You should thank your parents also for raising such nice looking, fun loving, great kids. You all beam with excitement and it is very contagious!! You have helped us plan our Disney trip so much through your TR's and website. We had such a magical time at the poly last year, that we are returning again this May!!! You put our minds at ease that it would be possible to get around with our youngest daughter in her wheelchair, and it was!! 35% PIN incentive made our trip possible this calendar year instead of waiting until next! Keep up the great work on your blogs and know that you have many grateful fans out here on the disBoards!!
    God Bless!

janny:wave2:

11. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say that I am seriously contemplating the GF for our November trip....;)

12. AGPrincess

:goodvibes

They are so good!

:rotfl: I know, I just couldn't stop taking pics! Thanks!

Hi Janny! Awww, I'm so glad you and your family had a good time - and hooray for going back to the Polynesian!! :cool1:

Love it! :thumbsup2

13. AGPrincess

One of the things that I had been most excited about for this trip - one of the parts that made me do a little dance, giddy with excitement, whenever I thought about it...ok, actually there were lots of things about the trip that made me do a happy dance, but ANYway, one of the things was that we were going to stay at Art of Animation for the first time!

It looked so bright and colorful. I could not wait to check it out in person!

We all slept in the next morning. Though I was eager to get over to AoA and check in...it’s also nice to actually be on vacation during your vacation! I used the time to straighten my har. Not that it would last long in that Florida humidity!

By 11:30 we had everyone loaded in the car and were on our way!

[​IMG]

WOOT WOOT!

[​IMG]

Driving up – it’s so funny to think that this was supposed to be the other half of Pop Century. There could be giant 10’s and 20’s out in front instead of the character drawings! I love the first half of twentieth century, so I was kinda sad when the scrapped that - but then I love Art of Animation’s theme, so I can’t really quibble!

[​IMG]

A photoshopped panoramic!

[​IMG]

Princess Ariel! She has such fabulous hair. Back when we stayed in July, it was just the Finding Nemo and Cars sections open, although the Lion King area was nearly finished.

[​IMG]

Skipping in through the entrance!

[​IMG]

I kinda have a thing for concept art, so I fell in love with that wall alongside the Ink and Paint Shop right away. How pretty are those pictures? I would totally buy them as posters.

[​IMG]

Actually, it’s probably a good thing they don’t sell them as posters, because I would want all of them!

[​IMG]

So you’ve probably heard this before from other descriptions, but it’s true - photos do no justice to this lobby. It is so stunning in person, like stepping into a rainbow.

[​IMG]

I had been curious to see these check-in desks, as I had heard cast members at my own front desk talking about the new “open concept” – the idea is that instead of one long imposing wall of check-in you have more individual, free-standing desks, so that cast members can come out from behind them easily to answer questions and interact with guests better. When I heard it described I thought the desks would be spread out all over the place, but actually it doesn’t look so different from a normal Disney lobby. The more open layout does seem nice though.

[​IMG]

I love how the wall opposite the check-in desks is filled with black and white drawings from the movies. It’s like the paint from the palette is just waiting to leap across the lobby to fill in the sketches!

[​IMG]

Don’t mess with Guido, man. Or me. lol.

(BTW, sorry for the odd photo sizes - I already uploaded some of these photos for my blog, and if I can avoid wrestling with photobucket to re-upload a photo, I definitely will, lol!)

[​IMG]

Once we were half way across the lobby Dart realized there was a kids’ tv area at the other end of it, and he sprinted over there and leaped over the couches. That kid.

It was nice and quiet when we checked in, no lines. The CM got us our keys and soon we were swimming across the EAC to find room 5715 in the Finding Nemo section!

[​IMG]

Just like at Pop Century, the pool greets you as soon as you set out of the lobby - the Big Blue Pool, that is! Athos and I immediately started singing “In the biiiiig bluuuuuue wooooorld!” when we saw the name.

[​IMG]

This way dudes! The building on one side of the pool had turtles – on the other side it was sharks!

[​IMG]

BUBBLES!!! Bubbles are exciting. And Disney carpets are the best.

[​IMG]

This-a-way...

[​IMG]

The room! It was so cheerful and colorful. I felt like I had entered a bright coral reef!

[​IMG]

You felt that way especially when you looked at the table! This folded down at night into a bed.

[​IMG]

I bet these bright orange chairs came from Ikea!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bedroom!

[​IMG]

Complete with Mickey towel, and check out Mr. Ray swimming across the dresser! Characters from Finding Nemo were sprinkled throughout the room, painted on the drawers…

[​IMG]

Or grinning on the bathroom curtains!

[​IMG]

Sink area. There was text along the top of the mirror reminding you that “Fish are FRIENDS. NOT FOOD.”

We all absolutely loved the room, we were running back and forth, noticing all the details. But we didn't have too long to oooh and aaahhh, because we had an ADR to get to at one of our favorite restaurants: Via Napoli.

I had actually never been before, but on a previous trip Mom had brought back some of her lasagna in a to-go box and let me try it. It was AMAZING. If it had been that moutwateringly good reheated, how much better would it be fresh - I couldn't wait to find out! :yay:

14. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh. I swear, every time you post another update about the GF, my desire to stay there just grows and grows (and grows... and grows). It's so beautiful and perfect. It's really good to know that you can enjoy so much from a one night stay at this place... it makes it seem SO worth it! (Keeping this in mind... oh yes.)

SO fun that yall got to stay at AoA! I'm pretty much guaranteed to stay at a value resort on my next trip, and AoA is my first choice by a long shot (especially since I've already stayed at ALL the All Stars)! It's so amazing even in pictures, I can't even imagine what it looks like in person!

15. AGPrincess

lol...glad you enjoyed the GF updates! :thumbsup2 The DIS is always there to inspire you to new Disney fun -- for years we never had been to Mickey's Not-So-Scary, but then my Mom saw a video of the parade on here, and we had to go! :rolleyes1

AoA was SO much fun, it really did feel like you were stepping into a colorful animated Disney movie! And it was nice and quiet while we were there (no loud tour groups like at other values!) - hopefully it'll stay that way! :goodvibes

16. disneyhockeymad

disneyhockeymad <font color=magenta>˚o˚ ˚o˚ <font color=blue>Shari

mum and I walked around AoA in September and I was absolutely blown away, the detail they have gone too is amazing! I love it! Your room looks incredible too, I can definitely imagine just how excited you were, I would be absolutely the same!

Ahh I just loved that place so much! And the food court was so good too!! :)

17. scrapbookersdis

scrapbookersdis <font color=darkorchid>Yes, we are going to Disney

Love that bright color palette at AoA.

Looking forward to your next update! :)

18. Aussiesalad

Aussiesalad Totes Mcgoats

I love your pictures of AoA!! It's all so bright and colourful there!

Seriously love the whole check in area and all the drawings!!

Ahhh you're right!! Totally have to sing big blue blue world every time you walk past the pool...

The room looks amazing!!!

19. Curiouser&curiouser!

Curiouser&curiouser! DIS Veteran

Oh, I am just in love with all the fun colors at Art of Animation! It just makes you want to play!

20. AGPrincess

It is so lovely - I tried to wake up early every morning just to walk around and soak it all in. And you're right, the food court was delish! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

21. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

AoA looks so amazing!! I can't wait to go check it out on our October trip. DS is crazy about Cars and Nemo, so I know he will just love walking around and seeing all of the characters.

The artwork in the lobby looks so beautiful! I love the sketch work. Disney did a fantastic job themeing this resort!