Downton Disney: the Disney Snob and the Seven Seas Clubs - the end! 5/30

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by AGPrincess, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Dreamer & Wisher

Dreamer & Wisher DIS Veteran

Those were delicious looking offerings for dinner. It would be so convenient to start a trip with a stay on a club level. Dinner would be ready when you arrived and then a yummy breakfast before you head out to your first park!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

I did a lot of monorail watching from my BLT room, too. How can you not? :cloud9:

Aww, how cute that the band was playing for you? (Well, we'll pretend.) Seriously, that's just adorable that yall requested songs and danced. I love it.

OMG, there was SUSHI?!??! Excuse me while I go book a trip. :laughing:

P.S. I'm going to follow you on twitter! I didn't know you had one! :)

4. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Grand Floridian looks so amazing and I want one of those cupcakes

5. MainStreetFireman

MainStreetFireman DIS Veteran

My DS plays saxophone, and tells me that their bass sax is an incredible instrument. (He also makes it a point of catching the Main St./Fantasyland sax quartet. -- Such great musicians play at WDW!) :thumbsup2

6. AGPrincess

AGPrincess Disney Snob -- Bookish Princess

Hey guys! So I'm back from Florida and already missing it. It's funny that no matter how much time I spend at WDW, I always leave feeling that it would be fun to stay just a few days more. :thumbsup2

It was a short time but a lovely one. My favorite part was probably eating lunch in the Beast's Castle -- we got to sit in the BALLROOM! My least favorite part was the Irish losing the National Championships. Yeah...that was a rough game, but you can't ask for everything. :confused3 And it was fun to visit Miami and get to be on the beach! :thumbsup2

ANYway, I'd better finish up THIS trip report before I start a new one...and nothing is a better cure for the post-Disney blues than trip reporting, right? ;) I also have finally finished a kinda fun Disney music video from the summer trip that I can't wait to share! :goodvibes

7. AGPrincess

Definitely convenient - and you don't have to worry about making a reservation etc. and the club lounges are almost always quiet. :thumbsup2

I know -- if there is a monorail in sight range, you pretty much HAVE to watch it! :thumbsup2 We LOVED the band, they made the Royal Palm Club that much more fun! And yay!! I followed you back! :goodvibes

8. Mommy2BnB

Mommy2BnB Mouseketeer

Glad you are back and that you had a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about the new Fantasyland! :)

9. AGPrincess

Aren't they cute with all those mickey sprinkles?? They have good cupcakes down at Gasparilla too! ;)

10. AGPrincess

That bass sax is the biggest saxophone I have ever seen! And you're so right, the musicians at Disney are really excellent! :goodvibes

11. AGPrincess

Thanks! :goodvibes Can't wait to share!

12. wdwgirl03

wdwgirl03 <font color=red>I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)<b

Welcome back! Sorry about Notre Dame but it was probably still a cool experience going to a National Championship game. And atleast you got to go to Disney World!

Oh, I also saw your twitter name in one of your other posts so I started following you on there.

13. wendiloveswalt

wendiloveswalt WendiLovesWalt

Hi, I'm subscribed to this thread, but I've only been lurking so far. I just wanted to say that I think you do have a future in writing. This TR is so well-written. Thanks for sharing!

14. AGPrincess

We didn't actually have tickets to the game (which, the way it turned out, was just as well), but we did get to visit Miami and see my brother perform in the band events and go to the pep rally on South Beach which was really fun!

WELCOME! And thank you so much for your kind comment - that's really good to hear. :goodvibes

15. AGPrincess

After dinner at the Royal Palm Club, there was nothing to do but head back up to the fifth floor to watch the sky darken over the Magic Kingdom castle…

[​IMG]

…which is a pretty darn nice item to have on your to-do list. :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

I went back to the room for a bit. Most of the others had gone for a stroll, so I had it all to myself. I watched the new DVC channel. Disney really has hypnotism down to a science…I almost wanted to buy into DVC watching it! ;)

[​IMG]

Back in the room, turn-down had been. Sonic was ready for bed, but we couldn’t go to bed just yet – there was still dessert to be had!

[​IMG]

That means back to the lovely Royal Palm Club! It’s hard to get tired of this place…

[​IMG]

There were cordials set out on the counter, then on the table in the center were the desserts! The selection included...

[​IMG]

...fruit tarts...

[​IMG]

...raspberry cake...

[​IMG]

...orange tarts...

[​IMG]

...cream puffs...

[​IMG]

...fruit (in case you’re feeling healthy :confused3)...

[​IMG]

...rice crispie treats...

[​IMG]

...more cupcakes...

[​IMG]

...trifle...

[​IMG]

And the BEST sweets were the chocolate éclairs with chocolate cream!

Unfortunately I ate one éclair and felt completely full. :worried: But I did save a few of the other treats and put them in the fridge for the next morning. I do wish they had had more chocolate though – the éclairs were the only chocolate dessert, and one is never enough! ;)

[​IMG]

Porthos asked a CM for some chocolate milk (his beverage of choice), and she brought it out for him in a fancy glass. Love it!

After dessert we all went for a stroll out to the boat dock to see the Electrical Water Pageant. The perfect way to end a Grand day!

16. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

OH DESSERT! OH GRAND FLORIDIAN! That's basically all ya need, right? ;)

17. AGPrincess

haha...YES! So true! :thumbsup2

18. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

You guys had a great Club Room food experience! Those desserts look great!

19. jecskc

jecskc DIS Veteran

Yum !! Those desserts look amazing !! I just love the EWP !!

20. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Wow - those are wonderful dessert choices! And the view of the castle is beautiful!

21. RachelNinja

RachelNinja Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life

Wow, they offer such a large variety of desserts! I'd probably eat a pineapple or berry so that I wouldn't feel as guilty, haha.