Downloadable Disney Stencils or Templates?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by MickeyMonstersMom, Jun 26, 2006.

1. MickeyMonstersMom

MickeyMonstersMom DIS Veteran

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm looking for ways to personalize our bland, looks-like-everyone-else's-suitcase. We've bought the fabric paint and now I'd like to find different Disney-themed images to "draw," except that I have no artistic skill! Google hasn't been a great help in finding stencils or templates - help!
  2. aka-mad4themouse

aka-mad4themouse <font color="blue">Budget Board Co-Host</font>

Dec 14, 2004
    We DD was in pre-school, they used canvas totes to bring their "work" back and forth. I decorated hers with a Jasmine & Aladdin picture that I'd found in one of her coloring books.

First, I removed the page from the coloring book. Then I got some tracing paper from the fabric store. It's the kind that is waxy on one side and matte on the other. You use it to transfer the markings from a pattern to the fabric.

I placed the tracing paper, waxy side down, on the canvas tote. Then I secured the coloring book page, picture side up, over top of the tracing paper.

Finally, I used a dull pencil to go over the lines in the picture. Every line that I traced over was transferred to the bag. When I was finished, I had an exact copy of the coloring book page. All I had to do was fill it in with fabric paint.

DD was so proud of her Jasmine bag and it wasn't anything like anybody else's.