Down town disney hotel questions

2plus2

Earning My Ears
Thinking about staying at downtown disney probably in the double tree suites or some room that can accomadate 6. can anyone tell me is the transportation to disney good, or similar to staying onsite? How big of a deal would it be to bring little ones back to room for a nap? We dont plan on having a car so are leaning away from most offsite hotels becase want to be able to go back and forth easily (w/o traffic jams, and waiting for some of the hotel shuttles strict schedual) I know that on site would be most convienent but dont really want 2 rooms.

The DTD hotel shuttles run every 30 minutes and are reliable. I would think it would be fairly easy to get back to your room. The longest trip would be from MK since you would have to take either the boat or monorail to the TTC to catch the bus.

If you are used to disney resorts and their transportation, rent a car. have have stayed at Disney resorts 3 times and stayed at a DD resort (the wymdham palace was aweful) and were miserable every time we had to get anywhere. i cant stress it enough that you should rent a car.

for that matter if you are used to disney resorts i reccommend that you dont stay at a DD resort at all, go back to disney even an all-star. you will miss the pixie dust if you don't.

My DD just returned from the Doubletree in DTD. She went with 5 girlfriends and didn't have any complaints about the hotel. Here is a list of the bus schedule that she had:

MK-Epcot-MGM: Buses pick up at all DTD hotels and at Space #26 at each park, every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening until 2 hours after park closing.

AK: Buses pick up at all DTD hotels every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening and continuing through peak hours. Buses pick up at Space #26 every 60 minutes until 2 hours before closing. Every 30 minutes from 2 hours before closing until 2 hours after closing.

Blizzard Beach: From hotel 8:45, 9:45 and 1:45. From park 2:15, 4:15, 7:15 and 8:15.

Typhoon Lagoon: From hotel 8:45, 9:45 and 1:45. From park 2:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 8:30

Pleasure Island: Every 30 minutes from 6pm to 3am

DD's only wait was the return trip from the Animal Kingdom. They must have just missed the bus, because they waited nearly an hour for another one. Other than that, she was able to do a park in the morning and come back to the hotel for a snack and dip in the pool before heading back until closing.

We stayed at Doubletree Suites for three nights. It was average at best. But we usually stay only on the WDW property. This was a special deal, which they even offered as a come back deal. We didn't take it. Once was enough.

Room smelled musty even with the AC turned way down. The hotel and room look worn and in need of refurbishment. We didn't use their transportation at all. We drove to Sea World on two days and drove our car the rest of the time. We did walk to DTD one night (and it is a pretty good hike if you aren't used to walking), but it was very safe walking.

The sleeper sofa was no where a good as the sleeper sofas in the DVC resorts. The double beds were not bad. The buffet breakfast wasn't bad, though.

And I don't see what all the fuss is about the cookies that you get when you check in. We really didn't care much for them. I sure wouldn't spend extra to buy more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter