Doubletree Suites vs Fairfield Inn

semo233

DIS Veteran
We got in on the $9 Jet America deal and are looking at an unexpected budget trip with 5 people. Fairfield Inn for $99 includes a larger breakfast than the Doubletree at $89 (DH is a big breakfast eater).
Can anyone compare them? How about transportation provided by the hotel?

I can't compare them, but we loved the Doubletree. The suites were very comfortable and quiet. And the transportation was excellent. I plan to stay there on our next non-package trip.

Tripadvisor (which I swear by, they've always been right on target for me) says Fairfield Inn on International Dr (you didn't specify the location so I guessed) is #3 of 300+ hotels in the area. Doubletree Guest Suites Walt Disney World area is #70. You can go read all the reviews to really compare, see what people say about the transportation, etc.

The Doubletree hotel in DTD is serviced by the DTD buses. Service runs every 20 or 30 minutes and is reasonably good.

Double check, most Marriott hotels in the Orlando area charge for theme park transportation. Schedule is likely to be scheduled and limited. Call the actual hotel, not the 800 number. It's possible the hotel doesn't offer any bus service.

You'll probably wind up using your rental car if you stay at the Fairfield. Jet America doesn't fly into MCO and you'll need a rental car.

I'd go with the Doubletree if you need to use hotel transportation, an issue if you have one rental car and you want to split up.

My hope is that we won't need a rental car. There are 8 of us in all in our party, so we'd need 2 cars. The Fairfield Inn claims to have scheduled transportation to Disney parks...I am planning on calling to find out what kind of schedule, but was hoping someone would have an opinion.

Thanks for the input!

If you're going solely on the basis of which has the better breakfast, I'd pick Doubletree. But obviously there are MANY other factors, so I'd go with Fairfield.

The Doubletree in DTD has far superior bus service. Assuming at least some members of your party won't have access to a rental car the decision is a "no brainer".

Call the local, not 800,number for the Fairfield. Don't just ask for the schedule, ask if there is a charge and if reservations have to be made the day before. Ask how many other hotels the bus stops at and where the bus drops you off. The bus might drop all guests off at the TTC and let you take Disney transportation to the other parks.

How are you getting from the Melbourne Airport to Disney? It is 80 miles!

I got a quote for $125 each way for a limo for all 8 of us. I am still looking at the cost and hastle of renting....we will have no idea where we are going also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter