Toddler Twins take another Trip Aug/Sept '15 PTR: 3 MORE SLEEPS

:wave2: Hi there! Catching back up!

I realize now I gave several shots of my little dude but none of the lady. So here is my daughter and the Rapunzel dress I made her!
CUte!!!!
Well Option 2 is a go! I was lucky enough to get the dessert party for the 9th instead.
:jumping1: so glad that worked for you!
:cool1: I am SO HAPPY. :cool1:

BUT, being done planning my May trip leaves a little "disney hole."
I don't think I will EVER complain about the "Disney Hole" EVER again!!! This week has tested my stress limits for sure! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I found the best tip I have gotten was about packing individual kids clothes in big ziplocks.
::yes:: Especially helpful when you pre label the bags with the different days intended for the outfits. This helps when the non planning spouse steps in to help get the kids ready in the mornings.

All 4 of us our sharing ONE suitcase that needs to be under 40 lbs. Luckily clothes for 2 year olds are small.
:worship: That is not something I could pull off that is for sure! :worship: And here I was impressed that I got Little MIss and I into one suitcase! :rotfl:

A couple days ago my new Dooney and Burke purse came in, disney themed of course!
11141109_10153215639179906_1086079813283393901_n-jpg.91424
DId you post this on the facebook group? I think I remember seeing at some point in the pain pill induced haze I've been in! :rotfl: Its really cute!
(I love having new PJs on vacation)
Oh gosh! I am the same way!!

Hey there, stopped over here because you made it over to my PTR and I noticed that (a) you had one as well and (b) we have near parallel trips! Both staying Beach Club then Poly, both arriving August 29th, main difference is we are staying 2 extra days.

Our day plans don't match up very closely, except I think we are both at MK on Friday the 4th.

Hopefully we will see you around the resorts - either one actually.

This happens to you??? Lucky Duck:rotfl2:
::yes:: When I make things easy and have whole outfits in bags clearly labeled for which day and what's in it with a spreadsheet to refer to so he can know what to look for in the suitcase. (note this spreadsheet also tells him what to wear for the day as well!:rotfl2:) But then I also have a fabulous husband to begin with! :thumbsup2

4 more sleeps! :rainbow:

I need to get a pedicure at some point!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day here in VT, really the first nice day we have had this year. My kids were wild and did not nap, we were outside all day in the sun. We slept together at my parent's house last night so they got up early this morning. Too early! THey have been super cranky today. My daughter is very easy going and she was having a rough morning, and asked to be put down for a nap, ha ha. So by 10am she was sleeping! Ben tantrumed for an hour but now he is okay again. Basically it is making me a bit nervous for two packed days at Disney. And I am extra sure going back to the hotel for naps is NOT a good idea, they just dont settle down well when they are in the same room. Stroller napping it is, or nothing. I am extra happy now that we were able to switch the dessert party in order to get to bed at a reasonable hour friday night.

I order an amazon kindle fire kids edition too for the trip. I know its probably not the best solution but it does help when they are having a hard time and need a distraction. They will definitely sit and rest for some electronic time. And it will be good on the plane.

whole outfits in bags clearly labeled f

DId this on our last trip and it was great. But I still had to get the kids dressed!

This is going to be the longest three days, isn't it?!

I thought about getting a pedicure, but I just can't fit it into my schedule. Heck I was going to forfeit a CSA pick up because it was going to be too much, except Matt has graciously offered to run that errand!

If I could fit my clothes in Ziploc bags, I would still pack like that! It makes life so much easier!

See ya real soon!

Lynn

This morning my parents came over to help put up a fence in our backyard, and Dad and I finished the work before 11. So I decided it was the perfect time and let them hang with the grand babies while I ran to the nail salon... So mani/pedi are currently in progress! Nothing fancy but my toes have been hiding all winter. But I'll probably still be in sneakers all day at disney, otherwise my feet don't hold up!

3 more days!

:cool1:2 more days!:cool1:

Yesterday was a very rough day for my son. He was cranky, whiney, and demanding all day. He is normally more difficult but it was an extraordinary bad day. Then he wouldn't settle down for bed last night, and I saw him up on the monitor until 8:30! This is about an hour later than he usually falls asleep. Then he woke up during the night and came into our room and had a huge, and I mean HUGE, tantrum. Finally we all fell back asleep, then he woke up at 3am and had another one! I couldn't believe it! My first thought was "you better have a fever to be acting like this..." but no, no sickness as an excuse. I think he was just overtired from all the playing outside we did these last couple days now that spring has finally come to the northern VT. So of course, I am now pretty worried about how he is going to handle Disney. I am going to be armed with everything that kid loves to reward good behavior! If you see me with a tantruming two-year old at Magic Kingdom, just wave "Hello!" One other factor may be nap length... I usually wake him up at 2 hours because he sleeps better at night if he doesn't nap too long, but that may be a mistake while we are away. My plan will be (if he manages to nap at all) to let him nap indefinitely. Think positive thoughts!

Prayers and Pixie Dust coming your way too! It will all work out!

So you folks leave Thursday too? Us too...we plan on hitting the road at 2 pm.

I can't wait!!!

Lynn

So you folks leave Thursday too? Us too...we plan on hitting the road at 2 pm.

Safe travels on the road to you! Yes, we have a late afternoon flight, get into Sanford airport around 9pm. Hopefully kids will be asleep by then.... we rent a car (cheaper than transport from that airport), and are driving to AKL, hopefully will get in by 1030pm.

I'm getting very excited, really. Nanny texted me that Ben has had a good day today, so hopefully he will regulate out before traveling! I bought them a new kindle fire for the trip and it came yesterday, he said "Look at that funny ipad!" I think it is going to be a big hit. I wont use it at home to placate a tantrum but I definitely will on vacation.... I am on vacation too!

:cool1:We leave TOMORROW!

A finally got another FP for DH for Anna and Elsa so he can go in with me and the kids.... initially I thought we would "divide and conquer" but after reviewing plans with him and said he wished we could all go in... well I didn't think that would happen but eventually I found another one that day (may 9th), and then managed to move it to a time that (almost) overlaps. So he has one 3-4 and I have one 4-5. So we will need to be VERY punctual I guess!:rotfl:

And with that one last little changed managed, my planning is now complete. I will update from the trip as I can, and then continue this trip report on to fabulous part 2!

Have fun! I dropped my mom off at the airport yesterday, and their was a family (two sets of parents and 4 kids) with their ME tags at the curb. Feeling very jealous right now of folks leaving for WDW for some reason (more so than usual). We're only 3.5 months away so not usually a problem. Look forward to seeing how things go.

At the airport waiting for our flight! Kids are excited. I'm excited! Just got a text from the hotel that our room is ready too! So of course I jumped on TOuring plans to check it out... very happy! We got a 3rd floor (lobby level at AKL), not too far from the lobby, with a nice sunset savanna view. Not bad for booking a standard view room!

We had a truly magical day yesterday at the Magic Kingdom. Here's how it went!

We got to our hotel around 11pm at night and the children somehow managed to stay up that whole time, so it was a very early morning when I roused everyone at 6:30am. I had been up since 445 since my dear son woke briefly and I was under to fall back asleep. We got dressed and headed down to the bus area, and finally got a little peak at our gorgeous resort.

We were on the bus by a few minutes after 7, and it takes a good 20 min to get to the park from AKL. We were still ahead of most of the pack of pre-opening ADR people lined up. It was a sizable crowd. We strolled up main street and to Be Our guest. It felt like a lot of people checked in ahead of us, but we easily got a seat right in front of the snow-windows. My kids loved looking out at the snow! (and it JUST SNOWED in vermont... kids). I had the croissant donut, which was very good, and my husband had the open faced sandwich. Food came very fast and we were out of the restaurant at 8:35. I took the kids for a potty break, then we watched everyone head towards 7DMT and A&E. We had FP for both so we went up the bridge to go to Under the Sea. The cast member held us a few minutes then walked us to the ride, and we were the first ones on. No one else seemed to even go that way! We then headed to the circus area, but the sideshow wasnt open yet so we rode Dumbo, then the Barnstomer both with 0 wait. Then we met Minnie, Daisy, GOofy, and Donald. We waiting less than 10 min in each line.

On the walk to our first FP (pooh) Ben decided he NEEDED to see Ariel, so we popped into the grotto. Maybe 10 min wait. Then we had a FP for Winnie the Pooh, which we caught right at the beginning of our window. We followed it up with Small World, which was about a 20 min wait and probably our longest of the day! After that the kids were pooped but we had a Cindy and Rapunzel FP. I took them in alone for that, because DH had a 7DMT FP we planned to rider swap for.

By this time it wasn't even 1130 and we had done SO MUCH. More of my update later!

Ugh I just lost my whole post... okay I will start again!

so it's 1130 and kids conked out in two seconds in the stroller, while DH and I rider swapped 7DMT. Then we just strolled them around, went into some shops, and wrote a couple postcards. We ended up in Tomorrowland, and I bought my Cinderella Popcorn tub, and DH took Sylvie on Peoplemover. She was hungry so we went to Casey's and got some french fries with Ben still fast asleep. Then we strolled some back towards tomorrowland. Once Ben woke up around 2:45 we went into Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Chatted with some friendly tourists who wondered what kind of ride it was going to be... I explained it was a show with some audience participation. I swear the powers that be must have been listening because the guy was chosen to be "THat guy!." It was kind of weird actually. On our way out we decided to head through the hub to fantasyland, didnt realize the parade was starting. We walked quickly through but right as we were about to turn up the path to the right of the castle, a CM told us we could go right to the curb and watch from a place that had been roped off while people were waiting... so basically we got front row seats with 0 wait, when we werent even planning on doing the parade. The sun was brutal from that position but the kids LOVED it so I am glad we stayed. When it was over we headed to Fantasyland and rode one more ride, then had our ETWB fast pass. My daughter was unusually brave and was Mrs. Potts, and let the CM walk her around the room. She is normally quite shy so it surprised me. DH was a guard. My son had a plate but would not leave my side. I cant wait to see the pictures with Belle, though, my daughter was so sweet!

After that it was almost time for dinner so we walked around to Liberty Tree Tavern. I was really impressed my our meal there. We had a lovely seat by the window. My kids were pretty tired though and not the best behaved.... but the worst was that they both pooped during dinner! Ugh that was a lot of grossness to clean up. Basically we headed back to the resort right after. Bath and early to bed! We had an early morning again this morning! I will update on that likely tomorrow.

Sounds like a great first day! I am at home lying on the couch with a bad back...your day is WAAAY better.

Day 2: Saturday May 9th

We got home relatively early and had bath and were in bed by 8-ish. I woke up about 5:30 and got our outfits ready, then woke up the family one by one starting at 6pm. Everyone seemed in fairly good moods, once I convinced the kids they were NOT wearing their PJs all day (they really love new PJs on vacation!). We were down at the bus stop by 6:45, and the bus came very fast. We were at MK a few minutes after 7am. We walked up the gates, and there were only a few other families there. Because the park opened at 8 this am, I didnt think that we would be able to get in early for our 8:05 reservation, but we could. THe CM checked us i in and we waited in the early check in line to the far left. My kids were a little cranky/tired in line. My daughter put on her rapunzel dress for CRT, but after a few minutes wanted it off. So Ben of course wanted it right away, so my little prince cross dressed. I was surprised how light the crowds were this close to opening. But by 730 it started to fill in, and at 7:45 they let us in, right before the welcome show started. Unlike our last pre-park opening, which was an hour before the general, since it was so close to regular opening there were photopass photographers out. SO we got some "real" family shots in front of the castle and by the carousel.

Then we headed down to CRT for breakfast. There were a few families checking in ahead of us. Ben and Sylvie ran around the open and empty courtyard behind the castle, while some CMs blew bubbles. IT was very empty, much more so than our pre-park BOG on friday. I dont think they let the BOG breakfast people in early. Maybe only BBB and CRT, because it was very light. Ben decided he wanted his dress off and we got our pictures with CINderella and headed upstairs. THe kids were a bit shy with CIndy but walking up the stairs really perked them up, they thought that was very fun! We were seated at an excellent table, not right on the windows but we could see out and were the third or 4th table to see the princesses. I had the lobster crepes, since i had that sweet donut the day before, but I should have gotten the stuffed french toast. It was fine but just not fantastic. OUr waitress, however, was fantastic. She was just so much more engaged and brighter than our previous experience there. SHe kept my coffee full too :coffee:

We were were out of CRT by 8:45, and I was expecting it to be getting busy out there but the park was still incredibly quiet. We road a ton of rides, including but not in order: the newly opened jungle cruise, aladdin's carpets, Pirates, Small world, Peter Pan, etc. By 10:45 it was very hot so we got a dole whip and then headed back to the buses. We had a private bus ride back to AKL, our driver really liked our shirts and wanted a tutorial. We were back at the resort around 11:30, changed into suits and took a dip in the pool. THe pool was totally packed and it was hard to find a chair to throw our stuff on. We all went in. Sylvie saw the water slide really wanted to go down. I talked to the lifeguard and she said there was no height requirement, so Dad agreed to wait at the bottom for her and I took her up. ON the top she was a bit nervous so we watched a couple kids go down, and then she said she was ready! Such a brave girl. Anyway she went down all by herself and I went right after. I was very nervous that I couldnt see DH down at the bottom! When I got down she said it was scary and didnt want to go again, but she talked about it all day, and later said it was her "favorite ride."

I went into Mara and ordered us some lunches to go and we went back up to our room and ate there, and then at 1pm we all lay down for a nap. Sylvie conked right out but Ben would not sleep. He was singing and talking to himself. After an hour I asked him if he wanted to go in the stroller, thinking he would fall asleep faster if i walked him a bit. Last thing I wanted to do was walk, but I walked him around the resort for an HOUR and he still did not sleep! THen DH took a turn for a while, no luck.:furious:

We let Sylvie sleep as long as possible, but loaded them up around 330 to head back to the park. IT was hot and crowded when we returned, but not as bad as I had expected given the predicted levels. We had our Anna and Elsa FP, which the kids really loved. Ben was starting to get cranky at this point with no nap. We went to go on the carousel but Ben was too cranky, so DH went to go on wiht Sylvie, but she changed her mind at the last minute. I walked Ben and he fell promptly asleep :cool1:, it's about 5:30 now. So DH took Sylvie into Philharmagic. We had BOG reservations at 615, and my plan was for Sylvie and I to go in and DH walk Ben around, but the CM said we could take him in sleeping in the stroller. SO NICE. We were seated right by the snow windows in the ballroom. OUr waiter was a little over the top, but helpful. I had the lamb and DH had the ratatioulle. Both delicious. Sylvie had the "beast casserole" which she didnt touch, (typical for her), but she liked her chocolate milk and strawberry cupcake.

After dinner Ben was still sleeping soundly so DH took Sylvie in to meet Talking MIckey, and I changed my FP to meet Tink for the following hour, so I didnt lose it. Ben woke up right at 8pm, while DH was still in with Mickey, so I took him to the confectionary and we bought some treats. Then I took both kids in to meet TInk, though Ben wasnt quite up for it so it was just Sylvie. THen we walked over to Tomorrowland and stood in line for the dessert party check in. There was quite the line already! I broke out the glow sticks and we played with them until check in. Dessert party was mediocre but at least not crowded! I hope the food is better when they jack up the price in the fall. But it is so nice not be crowded in during the fireworks. After it ended we decided to leave the park, even though Sylvie was begging to go on SMall World again... ha ha ha. But it was late and I was tired! So we headed to the buses, there was a bit of a line but we fit on the first one. It was packed though. Kids sat on my lap and played with their glow sticks. We got back by 11 and went right to bed! No trouble falling asleep for anyone!

I'll add some photos from my phone from CRT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter