Double or 2 single strollers???

Suzysrq

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
I have a 2 year old and a 7 month old and we will be visiting Epcot and Animal Kingdom in October. I don't know whether to bring my Maclaren Twin Triumph double stroller, or 2 Ignite Umbrella strollers with some stroller connectors. There will be four adults going, so enough hands to push 2 strollers. Do you think it will be easier getting through crowds and shops with 2 singles as opposed to a double (even though the Maclaren twin is quite narrow for a double)? We will also be visiting Downtown Disney. We are staying in a downtown disney hotel and will be taking the bus to the parks. Last time I went I just had the one child at the time!!! So this is all new to me!!:):)

Of course it's easier to get through crowds with a single versus a twin stroller! Bring two single strollers. Easier to maneuver and you can split up if you need to.

I would go with the two singles in your situation.

Fwiw I did a sit and stand last time with ages 5 and 2. Consider that for your next trip. It is almost as maneuverable as a single and the older kid gets a kick out of standing.

Here with the twins we are going to use 2 singles.
Gets Around easier and They don't have the same sleep pattern.

When the kids were smaller, we took two umbrella strollers. Easy to fold up and carry on the bus, plus easier to go through the parks and stores.

2 singles was much easier for me.. One year u brought a double and it was difficult for the bus, not as quick to manouver .. Last three years the two singles work great if you have help pushing one

We have been debating this also. We have the Maclaren Volo for the DS4 already and was deciding whether to get a Triumph twin or just single for the 2 year old, that might possibly nap. We went to a BargainHunt today and found another Volo for $26.00!!!! So we got the Munchkin stroller clips and been driving it around the house. This did not solve our reclining problem, but now I have a double that weighs practically nothing. I'm not sure this our Disney solution, but I'm definately selling the giant Graco Duo Quatro Tour. I like the option of being able to split up, but still have them connected, when the DH and DD8 go off and ride the rollercoasters.

I'd go with two singles, since you have 4 adults.

Why are the brand names important to this? Are they expensive or something?

Brand names for this kind of post are pretty standard. Different strollers have different abilities and pros/cons like a lot of other products. And price tag is definitely one of them, yes. Some people will want to take cheap strollers in case they get roughed up, so they're more easily replaced. Others wouldn't want to take a cheapie stroller because they're more likely to break and need to be replaced.

OP, I think in your situation, I'd take two singles. We chose a double, but it's a Phil & Ted so it's only a single-wide, in-line double. We used our Maclaren umbrellas stroller last year when we just had the one toddler though. With an infant AND a toddler (almost 3), we needed a new plan. I did NOT want to have to push a Cortina and a Maclaren with only 2 adults around and times when we wouldn't both be available to push.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter