• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Double FP for resort guests with seperate tickets.

Sorry if I am dense, but can I ask a point of clarification? If you are *not* part of the Magic Band/FP+ test group, should you keep your tickets unlinked from MDX? Can you pull separate fastpasses with both your KTTW card and park ticket if they are linked on MDX?

I am not part of the test so I called and asked what MDX linking does. As brettb explained, linking tickets to MDX is for visual purposes only unless you are part of the test group. If you want tickets linked to a room key you need to do that at the resort.

Based on this, it sounds like linking on MDX does not prevent you from being able to pull separate FP with both the KTTW card and park ticket.

I am not part of the test so I called and asked what MDX linking does. As brettb explained, linking tickets to MDX is for visual purposes only unless you are part of the test group. If you want tickets linked to a room key you need to do that at the resort.

Based on this, it sounds like linking on MDX does not prevent you from being able to pull separate FP with both the KTTW card and park ticket.

Thanks. This thread has gotten complex and I still have a somewhat difficult time knowing exactly what will and will not work for fast passes.

We have been in Disney since Monday and have been enjoying multiple FPs all week. We use our APs, room keys, and a plethora of old room keys that I brought with us. All have worked. Very glad that I heard about the glitch prior to coming down.

Ah, so this is why the FP lines are so long these days! Of course I can't say we didn't double dip at times but mainly to get FPs for folks traveling with us staying at other resorts not participating in the MagicBand testing.

The day before we left, I believe I heard the concierge telling a couple checking in that they were going to activate their MagicBands and only if they had problems with the MagicBands to then issue them KTTW. The days of double dipping could be nearing an end by not issuing KTTW.

Ah, so this is why the FP lines are so long these days! Of course I can't say we didn't double dip at times but mainly to get FPs for folks traveling with us staying at other resorts not participating in the MagicBand testing.

The day before we left, I believe I heard the concierge telling a couple checking in that they were going to activate their MagicBands and only if they had problems with the MagicBands to then issue them KTTW. The days of double dipping could be nearing an end by not issuing KTTW.

We've been here for the past week and FP lines haven't been long. We haven't encountered even one long FP line.

We checked into the second part of our CR reservation today and were given KTTW cards to go with our bands this morning.

We've been here for the past week and FP lines haven't been long. We haven't encountered even one long FP line.

Buzz seemed the often have a long FP queue but that could have been for several reasons. Overall, I can't say the FP lines were any longer than we've seen in the past.

The lines are long right now because these are among the busy weeks. But from what I have seen I don't think they are crazy. The number of people who even know about the multi-dipping is low, and still lower the number that are here. Even fewer are taking part in the tests (but multi-dipping is seemingly not restricted to testers)

Could you have misheard? They have been issuing the cards _in case_ they have issues with the bands.

And it wouldn't end the fact that I can already double dip, and I don't have a MagicBand. And I might be able to triple-dip next week.

Could you have misheard? They have been issuing the cards _in case_ they have issues with the bands.

We've had some issues with our bands, but it was related to paying for things in the parks, not FP+.

We are checking into POR on 9/1 and staying til 9/10. We have a package with tickets for 8 days and free dining. Can I ask to put our park tickets on separate cards? Or should I tell them maybe I misplaced the cards and get another set? My motto is "if you can't beat them, join them":thumbsup2

PS. I will have no problem sleeping at night either. Disney obviously knows this is going on and why should some people benefit and not others?

I find the idea of "theme park morality" very amusing :)

Anyway, so my question is: if you enter with your magic band, your physical park ticket (i.e. my RFID card AP) somehow knows that you've entered the park for the day and will work in the FP machines?

We're part of the upcoming Sept test, and while I wasn't interested in messing with FP+, the nice CM in the IT department talked me into it, saying I had nothing to lose. He said to go and make your FP+ reservations, but don't stress about it, because I could just use my card AP to pull regular FPs also. I just wanted to make sure this is correct info.

All that being said, I'll have FP+, my AP, my KTTWC, and the 6 RFID KTTWCs I just found from previous trips and they'll likely all work?

My three year old is going to be riding Test Track- LIKE A BOSS!

We are going this week but are not taking part in testing (staying at a non-test resort). So we will just get our KTTW cards for our room/charging. We also have APs that we will be picking up at GS but we won't be connecting them to our KTTW cards.

So does that mean we will be able to pull FPs with both our AP cards and KTTW cards because of this "glitch"?

Also..we have some KTTW cards from our trip last August (room only, no tickets attached). Again, will those be able to pull FPs?

We are going this week but are not taking part in testing (staying at a non-test resort). So we will just get our KTTW cards for our room/charging. We also have APs that we will be picking up at GS but we won't be connecting them to our KTTW cards.

1. So does that mean we will be able to pull FPs with both our AP cards and KTTW cards because of this "glitch"?

2. Also..we have some KTTW cards from our trip last August (room only, no tickets attached). Again, will those be able to pull FPs?

1. Yes, sure sounds like it.

2. I read conflicting reports.

At rope drop at Disney Studios, I'd go bagless and "run" to the TSM fastpasses while my wife and daughter took their time getting in to the park. The first day I did this, I made it to the FP machines before they entered the park. My ticket produced an FP, theirs did not. I was just about to exit and get back in line when I thought to just try it again - and it worked. The next time, I told my daughter to text me once they were in. Rather than waiting for the text, I just tried their tickets - it worked but my phone beeped just as the machine was spitting out valid fastpasses for them.

How'd they get in the park without their tickets? :confused3 Or did you mean room key?

Why? So you can "game" the system?

What do you mean by that? :confused3 It's a known glitch, and one would not be illegally breaking a machine or anything. If the ticket works, use it.

FPs were not going any faster during the week we were there. It was my 3rd trip this year, and if anything, the FPs were available a lot longer than they were in March, or the previous August.

I find the idea of "theme park morality" very amusing :)

Anyway, so my question is: if you enter with your magic band, your physical park ticket (i.e. my RFID card AP) somehow knows that you've entered the park for the day and will work in the FP machines?

We're part of the upcoming Sept test, and while I wasn't interested in messing with FP+, the nice CM in the IT department talked me into it, saying I had nothing to lose. He said to go and make your FP+ reservations, but don't stress about it, because I could just use my card AP to pull regular FPs also. I just wanted to make sure this is correct info.

All that being said, I'll have FP+, my AP, my KTTWC, and the 6 RFID KTTWCs I just found from previous trips and they'll likely all work?

My three year old is going to be riding Test Track- LIKE A BOSS!

For everything but the previous trips, yes for sure. I can't say about the cards from previous trips.

How'd they get in the park without their tickets? :confused3 Or did you mean room key?

They had magic bands and used those to enter the park. He had their physical tickets in hand and used those for paper FPs. That's what I took from his post.

.we have some KTTW cards from our trip last August (room only, no tickets attached). Again, will those be able to pull FPs?

YES.... I just got back today & brought several different KTTW & used Hoppers just to see what would work.

A (room only) KTTW from August 2011 (yes, two yrs ago!) worked. We only did it once (at HS for TOT), but an earlier attempt with a used up hopper (@ Soarin') resulted in a "this ticket hasn't been used to enter a park today"...

Soooo... We have a RO for one night at POP and the a package at POR. 8 room keys total between both resorts, 4 magic bands and then the park tickets. This may just be our most interesting trip ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter