Dorkapalooza 2006 - EPILOGUE on PAGE 15!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, this is great.

Kona is wonderful isn't it. But I tell people it sucks pond water cause I want it easy to get ADR's for :teeth: And my mad skillz that evening allowed us to all dine together. ARMS RAISED SHERIDAC STYLE!!!!!!!

What a great time we had. I blocked the convo about the tats completely from my memory. Although Grampy remembers it EXACTLY, or he has said the same thing ALOT!!!! :lmao: :lmao: I swear, I didn't bember that :rotfl: :rotfl: And the waitress LOVED us I am sure. I added a little sumpin for her that night. Seems she might have deserved it :rolleyes1

And a special shoutout to Kimmie here, for saving the night for me. BORG, looks and thoughts!!!!!

That night at the Poly bar and the beach was fantastic!!!!! And Grampy and I sat right where we were to view Wishes. Yep, great view and the MUSIC :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc and it was quiet where I was :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ash - thanks for the smiles!!!!!!! What a great memory leading up to even more :love:

BTW,BTW - Frick is everything Horsey and Ash said + a bag of chips

:rotfl:

Such wonderful, amazing ,memories!! :wizard:

I have to add one of my own.... later, when its time!!! :rolleyes1

Thanks for sharing...

I'm thinking of getting the courage to post my report... :wizard:

You all have such a great way with words, the fun, and joy and enthusiasm just burst forward.... and you want to be a part!!

btw you and horsey look like sisters, but I'm sure that's been noted many times!!

but I think I will try to do a trip report words . Maybe just maybe...

:surfweb:

With soo many TR's to read, I've just now found time to read yours. KUDOS to YOU! What a fantastic report and the pics are great too! (Thanks everyone for sharing contributing to Susan's report.) I hope (and pray) to be able to make it to "Dorkapalooza 2007". Where Jay calls all of us Dorks, my Tom likes to refer to us as Disney Dummies. Dork or Dummy, it's all good!

Ash!!!!!

I call # 1 and # 7 S&M too!!! Hahahahhaa!!!!! And I made SEVERAL trips to the inside bar that night. First for the pineapple drinks. And then because the outside bar closed at 8:00!!!!!

What's up with that!!!!

Thanks for the memories of that night!!!! I'll be at that point in my TR in about 2 weeks!!!! :teeth:

Ashc(l)an!!!!

Excellent chapter.....mostly because I was there for part of it and I bemember most of it!

Ashley informed them that they were to be known henceforth as #1, #4, and #7, based on their seating positions at the table.

Now I know what that's all about! Thanks! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Ash -
Was this the first time I’d met Haley and YAK? I think it might’ve been.
Yes, you are right. First meeting on the beach!
You and Jay are a great couple. It was so nice to meet you!

This chapter was too fun! Brought a big smile to my face.

Except the part where Sher went after pineapple drinks and didn't ask me. But I'll take that up with her when she get's to that part ;) :rotfl2:

Wow Ash:

Great chapter. Actually thought I was there. On second thought, probably best that I wasn't. Ha.

Thanks for taking the time to write this.

BDG

P.S. Why does Horsey have her hand on your... Never mind.

Susan, great story! Sounds like sooo much fun.

Maybe next year I can join :teeth:

Grammyof2 said:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, this is great.

And a special shoutout to Kimmie here, for saving the night for me. BORG, looks and thoughts!!!!!

That night at the Poly bar and the beach was fantastic!!!!! And Grampy and I sat right where we were to view Wishes. Yep, great view and the MUSIC :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc and it was quiet where I was :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ash - thanks for the smiles!!!!!!! What a great memory leading up to even more :love:

BTW,BTW - Frick is everything Horsey and Ash said + a bag of chips

Yes ! What Grammy said! Because she likes to be quoted. Go me, getting a special shoutout. Woo hoo! Borg!!

Yes! Loving that the reports are starting to merge and offer different perspectives of the same event. ANd the added commentary from your responders who were there!

And yes! Frick is all that Horsey said, plus Gram's bag of chips PLUS a bottle of Pepsi. What a sweetheart.

Go ASH!! I don't benember a photo of Horsey on the phone, but if you say I have one then it must be true. I will find and email it to you tomorrow for prompt posting.

This began in July when Lacto first joined our thread and we got to know him. One day we were talking about the fact that he and his lovely bride would be at the meet at the same time....at one point, he said, "You can rub my head and make a wish." Or something to that effect. We had a minimeet at a winery in Pennsylvania soon after and at one winery was a life size figure of a bald waiter. We four girls rubbed his head....and posted the pic, vowing to do the same live in person when he met him at the meet. It was the shy, retiring pastor that actually requested the head rubbing at the Poly that night! And we happily obliged!
Actually it was my idea! Hehehe
He looks like a lamb to the slaughter! :lmao: :lmao:

drebert said:
Actually it was my idea! Hehehe
He looks like a lamb to the slaughter! :lmao: :lmao:

Why that is right! I remember now! And your right, he does! :lmao:

:rotfl2:
That night was so much fun.
I think it will show up on the Silly report in about a week or two.

I have photos, but they are almost all bad, :confused3 .

Yep, that was the first time I met you in person Ash! Seemed more like seeing old friends though, which is what made it so fun!

Did anyone get a picture without Sher holding something in front of Gram's adorable face?

Wonderful writing!

Thanks so much for sharing it with us all! You really capture everyone's personality and the comments from the characters, um I mean, the others really add a special touch.

Glad that you all had such a smurfabulous time!!!

BDG said:
P.S. Why does Horsey have her hand on your... Never mind.

Hay THAT was not there before! :rotfl: And it is because we were in the middle of a discussion a sec before that picture was taken and was brushing away a pair of those lovebugs that seemed to be taking over the world like locusts.

haley said:
Did anyone get a picture without Sher holding something in front of Gram's adorable face?
Nope, not a one.

HaleyB said:
YES!!!!!

But you'll just have to wait til chapter, oh let's say 65(ish), to hear more about that!!!

Kona was delicious!!! And Ashley/Ashleigh was fantastic. She brought Grammy a whole pot of coffee :cool1: . #1, #4, and #7 loved our filet and mashed potatoes. I got to sit by Grammy AND Ash. See???

DSC01334.jpg

Susan, You know how much I love you and Jay!! Your trip report is just what I needed to remember that wonderful night. #1 and #7 thank you, too. I am still working to get them on here!!!

Your group pic was terrific. Remember YAK missed it cause she was inside looking for a pineapple drink??? I asked her what she thought about being left out of the group shot:

DSC01346.jpg

Naughty us. Bad Marines, again.

I ended up watching most of Wishes behind you and closer to Grammy and Grampy so I could hear the music. You all know I am the biggest Wishes groupie on the planet. Anyway, I loved seeing many of my cyber pals live and in person connecting on one of Disney's biggest chunks of Pixie Dust. The whole scene of the Poly, lagoon, MK, other resorts, fireworks, EWP, and boats reminded me that I have memories of parts of all of that that have multiplied since my (first) childhood.

Thank you for giving me another night for the memory books, friends.

I have to comment on Jami's comments :rotfl2:

1st - Don't you just love the way Yak has the pinkie out :lmao: So prim and proper is our Yak! A lady of proper upbringing :thumbsup2

2nd - Pictures of me. I have a problem keeping my mouth shut. It is true. The second I part my lips, words and laughter fall out. I can't stop it. Soooo, as a result, either my mouth is open, arms are a moving, head is thrown back laughing, or in the case of this trip, Sheri was holding a drink in front of my head :rolleyes1 the point of this is to say, EVERYONE said "Grammy, keep your mouth closed" :p

Grammyof2 said:
I have to comment on Jami's comments :rotfl2:

1st - Don't you just love the way Yak has the pinkie out :lmao: So prim and proper is our Yak! A lady of proper upbringing :thumbsup2

Thanks GRAM!!!!

I knew you knew that I was very prim and proper.......just ask John!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hey Susan!

I've read each installment of this wonderful TR as you've posted them. I just can't figure out why I've not posted here before now. :confused3

I love each one of these reports. Y'all had a great time and made some unforgettable memories. Sweet, sweet.

I especially love the pic of Jay and the Lacto boys. You've obviously got a gentle soul of a husband.

Looking forward to the rest!

NM :sunny:

You guys are great! I have been away all day today, and I come back to find a little party here on my thread. Woo Hoo!!! Jami, baby, thanks for the pictures. I had never seen that Kona pic. And I know I've told you, that is my FAVORITE picture of YAK!!!!

Okay, our friend Kimmie sent me the group shot I've been looking for. Sher is not covering Grammy's face. And PONGO is in the shot (See Horsey on the phone!)

groupshotatpolywithPongoonphone.jpg

I really love this picture. BUT YAK wasn't there! Must've been at the bar again........

THANK YOU ALL for reading and encouraging and joining in the fun. Chapter 6 is underway. Hope to post by Weds. or Thurs. With tales of woe and lots more pictures!!

Oh Ash!!!!!!

That is so funny!

I finally made it into a picture.

Boy I had a great time.

LOL.
Woo hoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter