Doodlebug25413 Escape Wedding 4/11/16- PICTURE HEAVY POSTS!!

Well we are nixing the turkey day trip. too many people that time of year & I really want it to be a nice trip for us. And taking a baby along...ugh.
So I'm going to try for another time. Both of us agree, we need a vacation. The job he's on right now is wearing him out.
We have also agreed to push the "wedding" out until next year. Right now our actual marriage date is 4/11. That falls on a Mon next year, and it will give us more time to save, plus next years tax refund would also come in handy!
I know I originally said that we would include the wedding fund in the loan we are going to take out, but I'm really just hesitant to do that right now. Not that we are struggling, just don't know if we want that extra expense added into our household budget right now.

I did start getting some figures together for a DVC rental for Apr 2016, so I have those figures. Plus a hotel stay at Coronado as well. Maybe I can get him to take off some time in early Oct for Food & Wine. Or maybe I'll get lucky & his next job will be near WDW. That would be super nice!

We will see what happens.

Well, my BFF is now moving to Florida! YAY Like a 1/2 hour away from our Happy Place!
So that's taking a burden off of her financially about coming. Plus I can go down earlier & spend some quality time with her before hand, or we can stay after too. I'm so happy for her.

We did our first wedding purchase this week!! Our wedding boots! Below is a picture of mine, Kevin's are on order. He just wanted a simple style.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE MY BOOTS!!! (Ignore the dirty ground & work truck LOL)

:yay: :banana: :rotfl: :tigger:

Kelly Boots.jpg

gorgeous-cowgirl-boots.jpg
Here's a better picture of them.

DP0305201517013592M.jpg

Now, this dress I have ordered. Have no clue if it's going to fit or not, so we will see. I was looking as this for just a back up, or
for when we do dinner or a dessert party etc. Figured it's not a typical wedding dress, so I could possibly get away with wearing it in the parks??
I'm still going to look for a real wedding dress. Just trying to coordinate it with my BFF & my Godmother to go with me.

I know we are not doing a typical wedding attire look. No heels, no tuxes, nothing super fancy. I really want to stay with something that is really us. Simple, Southern Comfort.

I love the cowboy boots those are so freaking cute!!! I love :love: and they will be very comfortable so thats a plus! also I like the dress maybe for your rehearsal dinner or dessert party its very cute but you should definitely go dress shopping for a real dress its super fun! Can't wait for more of your plans :yay:

Happy Planning
Melissa:goodvibes

They are comfortable. And if I wasn't doing the boots, I was going to do ballet slippers with a long dress or flats with a short dress.

I still want to really look for a bridal gown. My godmother says I'm the daughter she never had, so she's living that dream thru me. She has been so special to me.
Even if she can't make it, just the whole fun of the planning & doing all that stuff will be fun.

They are comfortable. And if I wasn't doing the boots, I was going to do ballet slippers with a long dress or flats with a short dress.

I still want to really look for a bridal gown. My godmother says I'm the daughter she never had, so she's living that dream thru me. She has been so special to me.
Even if she can't make it, just the whole fun of the planning & doing all that stuff will be fun.

I love the idea of being comfortable weddings you do so much walking and standing you need it! and I had such a blast shopping for bridal gowns the people who can't join the destination wedding were able to come to that and it makes it special and I love that your godmother is living though you how fun! my mil has all boys and loved that part I think the planning can be such a special process!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Got the Dessert Party dress in. I think I need a few alterations?? Please ignore my frumpiness, I just put the baby down after he tore up the house & I got a quick shower.
I am 5ft tall & about 170 lbs right now. And I'm not wearing a girdle in this, so I am hoping to lose more weight so the front doesn't look like
another bump. And I'm twisting a little as well so the top looks a little eh. I'm thinking on maybe a little off the length & maybe taken up a tad in the top? Thoughts??
(And yes, I am standing on a chair in my bathroom with 1 boot on, and 1 boot off taking a selfie of myself. Don't laugh LOL)

IMAG0249.jpg

The dress is really comfortable & is really pretty. The picture doesn't do it justice, my lighting in my bathroom sucks. It's an off white color. The lace overlay is a soft lace.
Which I love. I hate frigid rough lace.

The dress is very pretty I love it especially with those boots too cute!! I would personally hem it a tad to show off more of your boot maybe an inch or two? those boots are so cute and really goes with the look of the dress I love soft lace too! Let us know what you end up do it but in my books great find on the dress! :thumbsup2

Happy Planning
Melissa:goodvibes

Yep, you're right, I need the length taken up. This is a constant problem with being a shortie.

Now my dilemma is where to stay. If we are able to do Sunrise Terrace then obviously Wilderness Lodge DVC. If I have to go with the Gazebo, then Beach Club or Boardwalk.
I thought about adjusting the budget & doing Canada Pavilion, but I saw a video where all you could hear was the waterfall. And trying to justify spending the $700+ extra, when I
can put that toward a dessert party or something.

Stupid decisions!!

I totally understand this whole process is such a give and take! I am partial to the Beach Club or Boardwalk I think that would be amazing and a dessert party always seems like a blast! I am sure you will make the right decision! Let us know!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Kevin has been home since last Wed. Alex had his 1st birthday party this Sat. And I found some pictures of inspiration for Kevin's look.

blake-shelton-2012-cma.jpg cowboy-wedding-DIY-wedding-details_984.jpg

I'm liking the look of the 2nd more. Kevin is not a formal guy. And I really doubt I'll be able to get him to wear a suit/tux jacket.

He did get to look at his boots that came in, and he is NOT HAPPY. They are not what he ordered. Too dark, no stitching & they don't even fit! So we are looking to hopefully return them. I just hope the store will take them back.
They are in Ohio, and no chance of us getting back there, like 5 hours away. I don't have an issue shipping them back.

pink_bridal_feature.jpg
Here is what I am looking at for my ring. Kevin doesn't like gold & loves his current ring. So we may not get one for him. Don't know yet. The rings are really debatable right now.
We had a chance to do a little jewelry shopping, and there is a restyling event in June that I have signed up for. Going to combine some diamonds from my grandmothers anniversary ring into a rose gold setting. (hopefully)
Plus it will match the jewelry he gave me for Christmas, which I am wearing as my wedding jewelry.

9V3434_$249.99 final sale.jpg db 5 249.00.jpg 9V3677_$449.99.jpg

OK Melissa, dress #1 that I am eyeing. I have a feeling it may not be available since it's on David's website as a Final sale. I have a few others picked out too, for when I go.
Was hoping to go today with my sister, but she's not feeling well. So another day soon. Yea, I really need to start losing some weight. (sigh)

I LOVE the first inspiration for your DH the one with Blake Shelton or maybe I just love Blake Shelton :love: but i think that is the perfect compromise for the causal formal look!! also I really like your rose gold ring its so cute and different I have seen the rose gold and think its such a beautiful look and romantic feel :goodvibes and men don't need new rings as much as women do and if he is happy with his ring I would say keep it why spend extra money if you don't need to!

Oh what pretty dresses and choices I love them all :blush: but my favorite is...1 i agree it is so romantic and i love the flower and embroidery work on the train and it just looks so bridal i think you would look so pretty in it :goodvibes and my whole thing on the sale if its meant to be it will be there, when i got my second dress at David Bridal it was on sale for $99 the day after christmas and they had only a few left and one was my size! but I would really recommend taking your sister with you, the feedback can be really helpfully but don't take to many people I had way to many opinionated people! and you still have time for a diet I just gave one thing up every month, I go rid of dr pepper :scared: which was so hard, then ice cream (cheat on the weekend :rolleyes1) and recently bread but I think the short sacrifice will be worth it! Keep us updated on your progress I found sharing with others really helps keep you on track !

Can't wait for more of your plans :wave2:

I would have to agree with Disneyducks 12. I like dress #1. It is so romantic and I think it would suit you very well. Take your sister with you for sure, it will help to get someone else's opinion and will make you feel more confidant about your choice.

As for loosing weight don't just do it to fit into a dress. Try to focus on making some changes to better your overall health. So many people get obsessed with weight and looks (especially for a wedding) that they loose sight of what is really important: being healthy and feeling beautiful on the inside. I know too many people who go on extreme diets before a wedding so they can fit in a dress size and they do themselves a big disservice. These kind of diets throw your metabolism off and the weight is all gained back as soon as you start to eat normal again. I am a personal trainer on my free time and I always tell my clients that "diets" do not work long term. Try to change things that you know you will be able to handle at first. Start with baby steps and the next thing you know you will be loosing weight leaps and bounds. I don't want to get all "fitness guru" on you but if you are interested here are some tips to reboot your metabolism and get the calories burning naturally:

1.First, is to eat at regular intervals throughout the day. This is counterintuitive but trust me, the first mistake people make is to skip meals or not eat snacks. Eat small meals/snacks about 6 times a day (about every two hours). This will get your furnace burning and your body will stop storing calories. Eg. 8 AM: breakfast, 10 AM: snack, 12PM Lunch, 2 PM Snack, 4PM Snack, 6PM dinner, stop eating 3 hours before bed. This not only reboots the metabolism but it keeps you from getting hungry and binging.
2. Always eat protein with each and every meal or snack. Protein is harder to digest and burns calories as it is being digested. It also helps build muscles which burns more calories naturally. Examples of some great high protein snack/foods: nuts and nut butters (such as almonds or almond butter), roasted soy nuts, greek yogurt, low fat cheeses (eg. cottage cheese or mozzarella cheese sticks), eggs, meats (sliced turkey or beef jerky), canned tuna or salmon, quinoa, etc.
3. Carbs should always be eaten in combination with protein. Carbs should be eaten for breakfast and lunch but removed at night when your body does not need to burn calories (before bed). More importantly try to eat whole grain carbs. The high fibre content in these foods is harder to digest and burns calories instead of storing them.
4. Cut out all soft drinks which are empty calories and full of high fructose corn syrup and just plain bad for your health. Replace with flavoured water, mineral water with a very small amount of fruit juice, unsweetened iced tea, coffee and/or hot teas. Green tea is a great antioxidant and a metabolism booster. Fresh fruit shakes made with frozen fruit, almond milk and greek yogurt make a great breakfast or snack.
5.Try to stop eating three hours before bed. At night your body does not burn any calories so any food you eat before bed will be stored as fat.
6. DO NOT cut out all the foods you love (except for soft drinks), just do some portion control. A small piece of chocolate or a small serving of ice cream should satisfy your sweet tooth and not make you feel deprived. This will prevent you from binging when you get discouraged.
7. Try to cut out processed foods which contain tons of hidden sodium, additives and high fructose corn syrup which slows the metabolism. Try to bake your own goods and try shopping mostly at the produce isle instead of the dry good isle at the supermarket. DO NOT buy any food items labeled "diet". These are laced with aspartame or artificial sweeteners which slow down the metabolism and actually do the opposite of what they claim to do. Try to increase your daily physical exercise and try not to weight yourself on the scale. This is not only a great way to get discouraged but it is not an accurate way of measuring weight loss. This is especially true if you start an exercise program. Don't forget that muscle weights more than fat.

If you need more tips or want any feedback you can PM me.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Awww, Thank you Alexsandra!! This does help. I have started a high protein diet-- mainly meats & veggies. I am lactose intolerant so I try to cut back or avoid anything with lactose (cheeses, milk...) & I'm migraine prone so I need to watch my nuts & chocolate intake. I was exercising daily, but when my husband comes home, the deep fryer comes out. It's just really expensive to eat different types of meals at dinner etc. Alex's taste buds are getting better, so he's able to eat a more variety of foods that adults can eat. My problem is I have had a big issue with depression binge eating most of my adult life. I'm trying to get control over it. It's hard. My sister has been supportive, she's lost a ton of weight & looks really healthy (she did hers for health reasons). And I've been trying to follow a somewhat Clean Eating style. You're right, it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. And I am a candidate for diabetes.
I rarely use artificial sweetners. In fact I usually drink Crystal Lite, but now I'm trying to cut that out & just do like lemon or orange slices in water now. I can't just drink plain water all the time.

Thank you Melissa. I love that gown too. It's so pretty but yet so simple. And hello, Blake is a hottie! LOL That man could wear a trash bag & be sexy. I talked to my BFF, she is coming back from Florida tonight & sometime in the next couple of weeks we are going to get together & go. I just have to watch my budget.

Update on plans:

OK so now that Kevin & I have seriously talked this week about the wedding, he is now pushing me to get things squared away & book & buy whatever I can. We talked in depth about our wants, wishes, budget. The sad thing is that
the transmission in his truck has now finally died. And so now we are looking at getting a new truck. Which means a payment. (BOO HISS) Not happy about it, but in the long run it's best. His work has a decent discount
for Dodge/Chrysler products so that is helping. And he had a small amount in a savings account that will be using for a down payment. But this now means we have to do the Memories Collection. This man, I swear I don't know what I did to deserve him. I was ready to cancel the wedding plans because of the truck issue & he totally shot me down & shook his finger at me! He said he promised me a wedding, and we are having a wedding. No questions asked. He's just more worried about the truck payment taking away money from Alex & me. He said everything was going to be fine & it's all going to work out. I teared up. He is so good to me.

In all honesty, I'm not upset about it. We are only going to be a party of 6, so this actually works out best. And the more we talked, I just could not wrap my head around the $3000 difference for pretty much a cake celebration!
The Annual passes were a nice perk, but seriously, they are not free if you really look at the pricing on the Escape. And it would be a waste, because Kevin would never be able to use his. And I really don't want a cake, I want cupcakes, so I know cupcakes would be cheaper. By doing this, we really get to spend money elsewhere on things like a nice dinner for everyone & maybe even stay at a more luxurious DVC or a 2 bedroom instead of a studio.

So here is what I am thinking:

If a morning ceremony, do a character brunch/breakfast or just do a brunch somewhere after the ceremony. Or even just have something at out hotel room. I'm looking at a 1 bedroom now for the extra space & the kitchen. Having Alex with us, I'm not sure how much time we will be in the parks. And my teenager will be coming now. (Wait I might want a separate room for him LOL) Then have the day for everyone to do whatever they wanted.
I have my heart set on some kind of dessert party-- whether at Illuminations or doing a fireworks cruise. Fireworks cruise has come out cheaper in costs. I just need to find out if they can let us bring cupcakes & some other desserts
on the pontoon. Not looking at anything extravagant. If not the Fireworks cruise (I was thinking on Wishes), then maybe the Bonsai Terrace at Japan or the UK Pubside for Illuminations.

If an afternoon/evening ceremony, do dinner at Yachtsman's, Citrico's, Le Cellier or someplace that has really good steaks to make Kevin happy. And then have our cupcakes/cake celebration with dinner. And then do the Fireworks Cruise.

He totally ditched my Hoop Dee Doo dinner. :sad1: He said that this our wedding. We are having a nice dinner. Now whether its in our budget to pay for everyone, not sure, so I may have to have everyone pay their own. I'm pricing places out. I guess I feel uncomfortable asking everyone to pay their own, when they are coming to an expensive resort wedding.

He was totally ok with the Blake Shelton look, so long as he gets the boots issue fixed. And he dug in his spurs on the no jacket.
Here is another picture that I thought was cute for him & Alex, minus the hats:

scully-boys-black-paisley-formal-western-vest.jpg I'll be honest, I like a tie better. Maybe not a black vest, maybe charcoal gray or something. They both look handsome in blue hues.

Ok, so now I have to wait until I can call DFTW to pencil us in. I hate this waiting!!

Update on plans:

OK so now that Kevin & I have seriously talked this week about the wedding, he is now pushing me to get things squared away & book & buy whatever I can. We talked in depth about our wants, wishes, budget. The sad thing is that
the transmission in his truck has now finally died. And so now we are looking at getting a new truck. Which means a payment. (BOO HISS) Not happy about it, but in the long run it's best. His work has a decent discount
for Dodge/Chrysler products so that is helping. And he had a small amount in a savings account that will be using for a down payment. But this now means we have to do the Memories Collection. This man, I swear I don't know what I did to deserve him. I was ready to cancel the wedding plans because of the truck issue & he totally shot me down & shook his finger at me! He said he promised me a wedding, and we are having a wedding. No questions asked. He's just more worried about the truck payment taking away money from Alex & me. He said everything was going to be fine & it's all going to work out. I teared up. He is so good to me.

In all honesty, I'm not upset about it. We are only going to be a party of 6, so this actually works out best. And the more we talked, I just could not wrap my head around the $3000 difference for pretty much a cake celebration!
The Annual passes were a nice perk, but seriously, they are not free if you really look at the pricing on the Escape. And it would be a waste, because Kevin would never be able to use his. And I really don't want a cake, I want cupcakes, so I know cupcakes would be cheaper. By doing this, we really get to spend money elsewhere on things like a nice dinner for everyone & maybe even stay at a more luxurious DVC or a 2 bedroom instead of a studio.

So here is what I am thinking:

If a morning ceremony, do a character brunch/breakfast or just do a brunch somewhere after the ceremony. Or even just have something at out hotel room. I'm looking at a 1 bedroom now for the extra space & the kitchen. Having Alex with us, I'm not sure how much time we will be in the parks. And my teenager will be coming now. (Wait I might want a separate room for him LOL) Then have the day for everyone to do whatever they wanted.
I have my heart set on some kind of dessert party-- whether at Illuminations or doing a fireworks cruise. Fireworks cruise has come out cheaper in costs. I just need to find out if they can let us bring cupcakes & some other desserts
on the pontoon. Not looking at anything extravagant. If not the Fireworks cruise (I was thinking on Wishes), then maybe the Bonsai Terrace at Japan or the UK Pubside for Illuminations.

If an afternoon/evening ceremony, do dinner at Yachtsman's, Citrico's, Le Cellier or someplace that has really good steaks to make Kevin happy. And then have our cupcakes/cake celebration with dinner. And then do the Fireworks Cruise.

He totally ditched my Hoop Dee Doo dinner. :sad1: He said that this our wedding. We are having a nice dinner. Now whether its in our budget to pay for everyone, not sure, so I may have to have everyone pay their own. I'm pricing places out. I guess I feel uncomfortable asking everyone to pay their own, when they are coming to an expensive resort wedding.

He was totally ok with the Blake Shelton look, so long as he gets the boots issue fixed. And he dug in his spurs on the no jacket.
Here is another picture that I thought was cute for him & Alex, minus the hats:

View attachment 94803 I'll be honest, I like a tie better. Maybe not a black vest, maybe charcoal gray or something. They both look handsome in blue hues.

Ok, so now I have to wait until I can call DFTW to pencil us in. I hate this waiting!!

Too bad about your truck. Either way, a memories wedding package will feel just as special. A wedding is a wedding and it is who you share it with that makes it special. There are so many things that can make a wedding feel special that don't cost a dime. Really, it hardly makes sense to spend all that extra cash just for a cake when really what you want are cupcakes. Like you said you are actually paying for those annual passes for that price and it is just a waste if you can't even take fully advantage of them.

I love your idea of a firework cruise. You can get it catered by Disney catering but you are not allowed to bring your own food/cupcakes. The good thing is that you can wear you wedding dress on the boat where as a Illuminations dessert party in the park would not allow you to do so. You need at least 10 guests to attend an Illuminations dessert party at Epcot and it can get quite expensive with venue fee starting at $250 and the food and beverage min. starting at $500. Plus entry fee for each person if they do not have a pass to the park. So a fireworks cruise is a better solution.
or
I also love your idea of a fancy dinner with cake celebration at one of Disney's signature restaurants. How about California Grill? that way you get the added benefit of a viewing the fireworks after your dinner on their private balcony? Here too you would be able to wear your wedding dress where as if you choose Le Cellier you will have to change into regular clothes. Check out these pics of this married couple on the balcony of Cali grill. Great firework shots! http://jenniferwernethphotography.blogspot.ca/2014/11/wedding-photography-at-walt-disney.html

If not there is another option many people don't know about: a private dinner at the Grand Floridian with fireworks view. You can eat on the 3rd or 5th floor balcony of the Grand floridian, you can customize your menu and you get your own private butler. You can call Grand floridian Private dining at 407-824-2474. You can read more about it here http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/
This might make it feel more like a wedding reception with just you and your guests.

If it is a morning ceremony, then a brunch would be more cost effective if you are paying for everyone. Brunch and lunch are always cheeper than dinner. Plus a character brunch could be fun since you'll get your picture taken with the characters for free.

No matter what it will be a great wedding.

Thank you Ladies. He's actually getting a little excited too. I think he likes to go shopping more then I do. LOL He isn't too big on the hat. So we are not doing the hats.
And the toddler will not keep it on anyway. And my teenager he's a pain in the butt. But he will agree to wearing a dress shirt & tie, jeans. And I might do black dress shoes for him. I'm not paying for
a pair of boots that he won't wear. Even if it is a Payless brand.

The California Grill I looked at, however I've seen that balcony, and it freaked the daylights out of me. Kevin doesn't care, he goes up over 95 feet in the air on a 2x4 crosswalk all the time.
He sent me a picture once with him doing that with the whole "look ma no hands" stance. I about had a heart attack.

I was thinking of Yachtsman or Citrico's, definitely maybe a resort for the steak dinner. In Carrie's book, she said if you call the restaurant directly, usually the manager/chef will work with you on a customized menu or
will do the cake/cupcakes as well. So the flexibility there appeals to me. And the private balcony at the Grand, idea is good, but I'm wondering if they will charge me an arm & leg to pipe in the music.
I would have Disney bakery more then likely do the cupcakes. Not that outside venders are bad, just looking at the convenience. Or, if we had a large enough room, I could probably look into having a chef come in,
and do a private demonstration dinner or something. (I got that idea from a podcast show from John-- thanks John!)

Too many dang ideas!! :P

It sucks because I don't want to call, plan something with Disney Catering or the restaurants & the fireworks cruise & not be able to have my wedding the same day, since I have to wait forever to book the Memories.
I kinda want the wedding day to be all the special fun stuff because my Godmother may need to leave after. And my BFF will be living there at that time, she would already be taking a day off work & pulling her daughter out of
school that day.

Maybe I'm over thinking stuff too. Is that normal for wedding planning ? LOL :yo-yo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter