Don't leave valuables unattended

MinMou

DIS Veteran
This is a post that was on Facebook. I copied it verbatim because
1- if this person is ever going to get his equipment back, I thought posting this on the boards would give a better audience to people who could help him than Facebook.
2- I thought that people needed to know that just because you are at Disney doesn't mean you are free from thievery.

I don't know this man, so I don't know how to reach him other than via his name on Facebook. (It is below the picture.)
11986452_1196210207060922_4161144398950839052_n.jpg

Joshua Neltner
To the scum bag that stole my Go Pro Hero 3 and Panasonic Lumix ZS20 Cameras out of a Chicago Blackhawks Backpack at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom on a bench next to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad on September 15th at about 11 PM. I seriously hope you feel great about yourself being that you stole all the memories we had of our sons first trip to Disney world. If you are so desperate that you need to steal cameras from people at the happiest place on earth at least have the decency to leave the memory cards. I could care less about the Cameras, I just want the memories back. Keep the Cameras but try to find it in your heart to turn in the Memory cards so we can at least have the memories of our sons 1st Disney trip back as the only photos we have are the ones from Disney Photo pass. I am asking any and everyone on Facebook to please help me make this go viral and hopefully get back to this scum bag. Please Share and Contact with any information. ‪#‎ReturnNeltnerMemories‬

Last edited:
Sorry that happened to you. I hope people will heed your advice, it's a hard lesson to learn. Good luck on recovering them.

I'm sorry this happened. Hard lesson unfortunately. Disney World is no more secure than the local mall. There are no bag restrictions on WDW rides, always take it with you.

I understand your pain. I didn't have anything stolen, but my DH lost the memory card out of his pocket either at the offsite hotel we stayed at or the gas station we were at the morning before heading into the park. It wasn't my DD's first trip, but she had some great interactions with her favorite characters and we missed most of them because of this. Thank god we still had the photos we took with her camera during Belle's Story Time since she had been picked to be Mrs. Potts that day. It's the memories that matter, not the actual equipment.

I'm sorry this happened. Hard lesson unfortunately. Disney World is no more secure than the local mall. There are no bag restrictions on WDW rides, always take it with you.

Good job of jumping to conclusions here. She didn't say it was left on purpose. It may have been an innocent "oops, ran after the kid and forgot to pick up the bag" type thing.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Did someone steal this while they were sitting next to you? That's some nerve.

I know this won't help the OP get her stolen photos back, but this is one of the reasons I always download my photos onto my laptop and another device each night (or every other night). I also do it in case my phone or camera or memory card dies unexpectedly on me.

Also a good reminder to let the photo pass people take some pics of you, even if you didn't pay for it...you can buy Memory Maker after the fact.

Good job assuming my post intention. As many other posters here do on a regular basis, we try to help others who read the post and give advice. Many first time visitors make assumptions, like no backpacks on rides like amusement parks often state. It was never intended as an assumption or scold to the op. I never scold or attack, inless someone comes after me, then I explain myself.

I have learned many little things through these kinds of threads. Again, I am so sorry this happened to the OP. Unfortunately since Disney is a destination for people all over the world, it will be difficult to resolve. Normal caring human beings would never do that, so we can only hope they would have a change of heart.

Last edited:
HEY! I copied this off of Facebook verbatim, it's not my equipment, I haven't been to WDW in 20+ years. The person who lost it has his name under the picture, and I posted it to remind people not to leave things unattended. Also, if you see this equipment, this will help you find the rightful owner.

Since none of my friends are going to WDW anytime soon and they only people who might be able to help this man would be there, I figured I would post it here instead of on Facebook.

Oh Min Mou, probably a good ieea to edit your post and just say "posting from Facebook, not mine" or something. Save you some grief lol.

Do they have security footage that could help? If you are still in the park, I would ask them to review not only that area, but, if possible, people leaving the gates 5-10 mins after you think it was taken and see if they can spot the perpetrator. (assuming they can see something in his/her hand). I have NO IDEA if they would comply, or if you could be lucky enough for them to spot anything, but it is worth asking.

HEY! I copied this off of Facebook verbatim, it's not my equipment, I haven't been to WDW in 20+ years. The person who lost it has his name under the picture, and I posted it to remind people not to leave things unattended. Also, if you see this equipment, this will help you find the rightful owner.

Since none of my friends are going to WDW anytime soon and they only people who might be able to help this man would be there, I figured I would post it here instead of on Facebook.

Please make that clear in your original post.

While I feel sorry for the FB person this happened to it is a good life lesson for everyone to remember. If you are carrying any kind of valuable, keep it on your person. I know backpacks get heavy, I know you sit it down right by yourself and think it's o.k. and like someone else mentioned, the little one runs off and you run after them. It only takes a second. I hope the family was able to get their things back, hopefully it was just someone who thought the bag had been misplaced and took it to lost and found.

Hmmm. Lesson learned column. Glad my pictures auto upload to Dropbox when I do something like leave my expensive stuff unattended at WDW.

Kind of a harsh response for someone trying to help others out. Almost like yelling at people who thought YOU were the victim of the theft.

HEY! I copied this off of Facebook verbatim, it's not my equipment

It was really really REALLY not clear at all in your initial post.

Don't even leave stuff that isn't valuable. Basically, if you would be irritated to have to replace something, don't leave it.

(If you're the only adult with a kid, don't put something all the way down so if you have to run after the kid it gets left. Keep it on you.)

I hope they are continuing to check with Lost and Found, though.

...are you kidding me who would do that at the happiest place on earth. I'm praying it turns up, this gave me a bad feeling in my stomach...

Did you guys outside of this have a memorvale experience with your baby?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter