Don't give up on last minute!!

JUJU814

DIS Veteran
I can't believe it. If you are just a week or two out from your trip and still haven't gotten your desired ADR's do not give up!

We are a party of 6 and I just scored only TWO weeks out!

Ohana
Chef Mickey's
and Crystal Palace for New Year's Eve! (there is nothing available inside any parks on NYE let alone MK yet it came up!)

I'm so psyched.

That's great! I think the credit card hold policies are really encouraging people who may have multiple ADRs to cancel early. Glad you got in!

Thanks! That gives me hope to keep trying! I made my ADR's at 180 days out, but was kind of hoping to change a few now that we have a schedule. A few of them don't fit in just right.We are keeping them and plan to go, but if our other choices come up, I plan on grabbing them and canceling what we do have!

I completely agree! I had the same thing happen to us. We were there 12/5 - 12/11 for a somewhat last minute trip. I tried to make ADRs about 6 weeks in advance and there was absolutely nothing showing up for some days and then a few weeks before I was able to get reservations for Akershus and Crystal Palace.

Yes, I agree! We had a 9:40pm ADR for 'Ohana and 2 days before I was able to get a 5:10! I was so happy!

Congrats to you!

Yes, I agree! We had a 9:40pm ADR for 'Ohana and 2 days before I was able to get a 5:10! I was so happy!

Congrats to you!

Oh man...somewhere between 5-7 at Ohana would make our trip complete! LOL As it is right now, we have a late night ressie at Ohana and the only reason I'm keeping it is because my college age dd really wants to go, but I'm not sure how my 9 and 11 year olds will handle it. I will keep trying for an earlier one!

Oh man...somewhere between 5-7 at Ohana would make our trip complete! LOL As it is right now, we have a late night ressie at Ohana and the only reason I'm keeping it is because my college age dd really wants to go, but I'm not sure how my 9 and 11 year olds will handle it. I will keep trying for an earlier one!

Well the bonus is (I don't know what time your ADR is or what day you're going) but check the schedule for Wishes. They dim the lights the pipe in the music for it and it's wonderful to watch it from 'Ohana.

I absolutely agree. We were there 12/6 - 12/11 and ended up changing all but one of our ADRs. I checked on Friday and there were CRT, California Grill, Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's and Akerhus available for Friday evening or Saturday. The only one that I didn't see at all when checking was BOG for dinner but we went for lunch anyway.

I must admit how surprised I was to be able to get my preferred restaurants and dates for Candlelight Processional package with Alfre Woodard next week. Now, I'm not trying for the really popular places, but still, it was only about two weeks out when I booked.

I had replied earlier in the thread about continuing to look for my choices. Well, I got what I wanted!!:cool1: I got a really late breakfast for 7 at Chef Mickey's on Christmas Eve!! :banana:

Thanks! We decided to go down for Xmas week just a few weeks ago. I have been able to score all the hard to gets (Crystal palace on Xmas day, O'Hana, Chef Mickeys, etc etc etc except BOG (of course). I am still searching daily for that one. Fingers, toes and eyes are crossed!!

Thanks for this post!!

My DD and I are headed down on the 20th - we just booked 1 week in advance. I made a few ADR's - not really what we wanted - but Hey! We get to do Disney for Christmas! Just checked Ohana and got 6:20 dinner on Christmas eve! Our plans are now complete!

I wouldn't have checked if it hadn't been for this thread reminding me!

Thanks a bunch! Merry Christmas!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter