Don't give up, I got my PIN

disneynewman

DIS Veteran
Followed the advise of many posters here and I got the QSDP PIN last week and last night I got the 20/30/40 PIN. We are now thinking of staying at a MOD instead of AK and save the $ so I am still hoping for FD in November but at least we have this.

Oh and I went on the site, changed my email address to one that I rarely use, went back a few days later and switch back to my normal email, I got the pin in the rarely used email

So whats the trick that might help to get a pin? Disney does send me various advertisements and the newsletter almost weekly so they do have my email address but I have never gotten a pin code in many years.

We got one too last night for the 20/30/40%. The only bad thing is it can't be used for the 2 bedroom villa we had, so we had to change to something else. We got it on my daughter's email that had her new married name. It said "come for your first visit." She's been there many times tho! lol Keep trying. She saved some trips and that is all she did. Perhaps setting up a new email on hotmail or yahoo will work. Hers was on hotmail and had her new name on it. My pin is through the end of the year. Good luck

Congrats!

I'm still holding out hope. I've been saving trips on the website like a madwoman:lmao: - but nothing yet!

I called a couple of times to ask if there are any discounts attached to my name and once they offered me one of the public discounts (which doesn't include the dates we need) and the other times they said there are no discounts at all for the Fall yet (even though others have posted about PIN codes that include Fall dates):confused3.

Congrats on getting a pin ! Going to disney is always good, but going to Disney with a discount is even better .:thumbsup2

Congrats to you!! I have been playing on the site for a couple months. I've gotten emails from Disney Destinations for stationary, a birthday greeting, and the open code for the $$ cards or 25%-- nothing special.

Interesting, though, I looked at an old DD email and clicked on the attached link. It took me to the login page with my MIL's email address. Now, I will be so mad if she has been getting all of my code!! :lmao:My kids play on her pc and she must have created a login but I have no clue what her password would be, the kids didn't know either.

Oh well, I did update a few things on my profile, so maybe that will trigger something. Maybe they will bring back Kids Stay, Play, Dine for free. That would be GREAT!! :thumbsup2

How long after you changed your email was it before you received your pin??? I just logged in with my husband's email address, name, DOB, etc...to see if that sparks anything...???

OK, after reading all these posts, I'm changing my email to see if I can score the discount. But am I reading this correctly, the discount is not good at the villas 2 bdrm?

A friend of mine emailed me her PIN email wondering if I could use it (we're going in May) but the reservationist told me that I couldn't use it BUT she did give me my own pin- just for asking!! (The total came to $1900+ for 5 nights at Pop plus 3 days regular tickets-- just too much for us right now...) So i'd suggest calling and hoping to get a sweet cust service rep and ask for a pin... good luck!

I tried doing a new account with a different email and when it gets to the bottom of the page and I hit the continue button it just goes back to the top and fills in my regular email address! Any ideas?

On another thread a woman got a 2 bedroom villa with the pin. I didn't. I guess it depends on which CM you talk to! I'm going to call back and try again. Also, I created a new email by setting up my hubby as a new person on the Disney web site.

The date sof my PIN are

For stays most nights 2/15–3/27/10,
4/11–7/1/10, 7/5–10/7/10,
10/11–11/23/10 and 11/28–12/16/10.

I got it less than a week after I changed my email address.

I did call about using it for a villa because it only says

Save 20%* at Disney Value Resorts
Save 30%* at Disney Moderate Resorts
Save 40%* at Disney Deluxe Resorts

Ask about great savings at Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, too!

She quoted me a 1 bdrm villa at OKW it was 40% off as well, I don't think there is a restriction on that but it does say excludes suites and campsites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter