"Don't forget a picture of the food!" Updated 8/16! A Fall TR!

Your wet sock story has inspired me to wear sandals! We were thinking about the dessert party as well! It looks like you didn't let the wet get you down!

I'm enjoying your report and love all the pictures...I spy a D~ bag! And I agree with Mo on that picture.

I have a silly question...at Chef Mickey's did they have divided plates like that or did you bring them with you. Sometimes that would come in handy...especially at buffets.

We did the dessert party this trip too. We enjoyed it, but it certainly can be better. I am curious to see if it is any different since they changed the pricing.

Can't wait for the next update!

Lynn

Wow, Space with the lights on! :eek: So, so strange to see it that way. It's funny how much difference lighting makes.

Ugh, I can relate to the sopping wet feet. June 2014's trip was filled with that type of rain that leaves the streets flooded and I also had shoes and socks that were soaked completely. I think I ended up getting blisters that trip, which never happens for me. It was gross. :sad2:

Hey, we took a break on that same little side street this last trip! It's such a nice quiet place to relax and get away. :thumbsup2

Sorry the dessert party was a bit of a let down, but glad you beat the crowds out of the park!

Yes, the plan from now on shall be, always carry emergency sandals in the stroller!!

That is a lovely side street!!!

Oh yeah wet feet are a huge NO NO.. i now carry flip flops with me.. In epcot the one day i had to buy mickey keds.. they were OK.. i should have bought socks to help break them in since they beat my feet up! LOL... but at least they were DRY!

You should be proud that picture is seriously awesome.. aww you think of ME!!!
the commentary is a little silly but this is it:

Wow that is so cool!!! And I'm taking that idea of spare sandals now too!!

The only thing worse than wet shoes is wet socks! Gross! That'd send me right back to my hotel room; I just hate it!

The nice rest you got sounds great. I love the little spots all around WDW where you can just chill for a bit.

Sorry the Dessert Party wasn't great. We wanted to go but the reviews were generally just ok. You'd think they'd at least play the music for that price!!

Glad you beat the crowds coming out; there is nothing like the hoards of tired folks leaving MK after Wishes.

Haha, I know, I was quite determined... And we did do a lot in that time actually, so I guess it was worth the wet feet!

I see you have a new ticker. The next trip is in the works? Yippee!

Teehee, I knew someone would notice that before my announcement!! Update to come...

Woot woot, I see you have a trip planned for next year? pixiedust:
Spill it? :dogdance::yay::tongue::crazy::sunny::flower1:

Lol!!! Spilling coming up!!

Oh no total bummer with all the rain! It seems like you had a great time despite everything!

I love that you found such a fun little area to rest and relax!

I'm sorry that the dessert party wasn't a success. I've heard mixed reviews lately about the food and crowding. I don't think it's something I'll be doing now that the price has gone up.

Yes, boo for rain, but turned out to be so fun, we did so many rides!! Wouldn't trade it ;)

So sorry to hear your trip is cancelled!!! Someday I hope you make it to DL!!!

For sure!!

Your wet sock story has inspired me to wear sandals! We were thinking about the dessert party as well! It looks like you didn't let the wet get you down!

Yes! Or at least pack a spare set in your park bag!

I'm enjoying your report and love all the pictures...I spy a D~ bag! And I agree with Mo on that picture.

I have a silly question...at Chef Mickey's did they have divided plates like that or did you bring them with you. Sometimes that would come in handy...especially at buffets.

We did the dessert party this trip too. We enjoyed it, but it certainly can be better. I am curious to see if it is any different since they changed the pricing.

Can't wait for the next update!

Lynn

I'm in love with my bag!! I forgot to mention it in my fury of writing so I'll do that soon!!

Chef Mickeys had those trays!! I love them!! Perfect for the kiddos, I don't recall any other buffets having them.

Life Update

Time for a little bit-o-exciting news! Do you know the importance of June 22nd??? :scratchin :scratchin :scratchin

No? Yes? Doesn't matter... I'LL TELL YOU!!!

June 22nd was the day that the 2016 Disney World calendar opened up on their website!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You know what that means, right???? popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

TIME TO BOOK!!!!!! SQUEEE!!!!

Tangled.gif

Seriously, I could not wait!! I don't care if it is over A YEAR away... to be able to log into My Disney Ecperiance and see the sweet, sweet sight of the OFFICIAL Mickey countdown, ahhhh... all is right in the World...

bvb104-gif-drew-relief.gif

I am so happy! It was a hard decision, and of course nothing is final, gotta make sure my Free Dining is offered, or I may adjust, but for right now this is it...

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/denovagirl/media/image1 1.jpg.html
September!!! SQUEEEEE!!! I love the crowd levels in September, and I love the fall! And I lovvvvvvvveeeeee the FREE DINING!! We toyed with the idea of November, but it was more pricey, more crowds, etc, and we just miss our Disney SO FLIPPIN' MUCH because of the whole "No Disney in 2015" thing.... :sad2: So we decided to go with the good ole reliable favorite of September, and we wanted a LONG one! If you recall, the trip you've been reading about here was 12 days, and I felt like I lived at Disney, we were there so long, so this time we are shooting for 13 days!!! SQUEEE!

Couple of small things, this trip is booked mid-week to mid-week, hoping to save on the flights, and then we are still only getting the 10 day max of tickets, so we will have 3 non-park days, most likely two rest days and the last day being travel? Not 100% yet... Also this will be our first time PARK HOPPING!! :bounce:

I am actually pretty excited for the hopping, we've never done it and we plan to try the whole, taking a rest in the mid-day thing, so this should be fun!!! I am hoping to be able to catch ALL the night-time spectaculars with this method, including the Animal Kingdom one, which should be a go by then!!!

Also, we've been talking ADR's, because, DUH... that what us planning nerds DO... and we have a few FOR SURE ones this time:

1. 50's - because its our FAVE EVER!!

2. Beaches & Cream - because we fell in love with it, and its cheap, so we will pay out of pocket again and save our credit!
3. Tusker House - brand new for us! Pre-opening early morning ADR, naturally...
4. Garden Grill- because the FOOD, nom, nom, nom and its an EXCELLENT use of a dining credit (have you seen the price?!?!?)
5. Coral Reef- also because the food, I love the menu!!

I am also trolling around and keeping a veryyyyy close eye on the new Skipper-themed restaurant in MK, and Jock Lindsey's, because the hubs is a HUGE Indy Jones fan!!

So I guess that's it for now, not too much as far as planning that I can do so far out... but we DID have a Disney night last night, it was our official kick-off to our countdown!

My AMAZING hubby made a Disney-fave for us....

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/denovagirl/media/image1 2.jpg.html
Why yes, that is TONGA TOAST!! It was nummers too!! Totally hit the spot!! :goodvibes

We also watched some See Ya Reel Soon and videos of different restaurants we hadn't tried yet, all in all, a GREAT night to kick off our, now,

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/denovagirl/media/image1 2.jpg.html

Woo hoo! We are thinking of going in September of 2016 too! But no concrete plans yet. I can't wait to hear more of your trip planning.

Wooooooooo!! I'm so excited for your September 2016 trip! I shall have to live vicariously through your PTR for this new trip, atleast I hope there will be a PTR at some point! :cutie:

Jock Lindsey's and the Skipper themed restaurant are a definite must do I think!

OMG! Tonga Toast?!!! That looks incredible! So jealous!!!!! Now I am going to be thinking about trying to make some myself!

Back to the TR though: Agh! wet shoes and socks and feet! That suuucks!! Sounds like a soggy evening but seems like you still got some lovely Disney magic! And I don't blame you for ducking out early. It feels good knowing you beat the crowd out!!

Congrats on having a new trip booked! :cool1: That is a nice, long trip! :thumbsup2

Are you planning on getting free quick service dining and then upgrading it OOP to the regular plan?

Mmmmm, looks like some tasty Tonga Toast!

How exciting!!! Congrats!!! :cool1:

Thanks!!!!

Woo hoo! We are thinking of going in September of 2016 too! But no concrete plans yet. I can't wait to hear more of your trip planning.

You TOTALLY SHOULD!!! You need a Dis-meet!! I would love to pixie dust those sweeties of yours!! Plus your fam will be jealous of your almost-month-long European vacay, so if you can at least squeeze in a small Disney trip that'd probably make them happy campers! ;)

Wooooooooo!! I'm so excited for your September 2016 trip! I shall have to live vicariously through your PTR for this new trip, atleast I hope there will be a PTR at some point! :cutie:

Jock Lindsey's and the Skipper themed restaurant are a definite must do I think!

OMG! Tonga Toast?!!! That looks incredible! So jealous!!!!! Now I am going to be thinking about trying to make some myself!

Back to the TR though: Agh! wet shoes and socks and feet! That suuucks!! Sounds like a soggy evening but seems like you still got some lovely Disney magic! And I don't blame you for ducking out early. It feels good knowing you beat the crowd out!!

Haha, yes, I am trying to decide if I should start a separate PTR or just do updates here until I finish this TR, then get one going, after all it's a long way out!

I agree on those two restraunts!

And yes, you should try the tonga toast! It was pretty easy, you just buy a loaf of sourdough, cut it thickly, make a slice in the middle to stuff the bananas, then you batter and fry it then dunk it in cinnamon/sugar! Seems like a lot but was not too hard, and the reward, well, speaks for itself...

Woo hoo!!! Let the days fly by!

Yes! Please!

Congrats on having a new trip booked! :cool1: That is a nice, long trip! :thumbsup2

Are you planning on getting free quick service dining and then upgrading it OOP to the regular plan?

Mmmmm, looks like some tasty Tonga Toast!

Definitely planning on the upgrade, I figured it out and it should cost about $500 to upgrade us, so still worth it in my book!

Hey, I'm catching up on TRs and your is next on my list! I should be stalking your TR soon, lol... I'll probably start from the beginning since I hardly remember anything. And then I still have to read about Hawaii!!!

Hey, I'm catching up on TRs and your is next on my list! I should be stalking your TR soon, lol... I'll probably start from the beginning since I hardly remember anything. And then I still have to read about Hawaii!!!
If you're referring to the August one, that's complete now, so you can binge-read to your heart's content. I just started the May land & sea one, so that's only a few updates in. And Hawaii is still going at a snail's pace. :snail:

TIME TO BOOK!!!!!! SQUEEE!!!!

Yay; one of the best days ever! I remember last year I was stalking that thing like crazy. I even got up at 6am just to make sure the room I wanted didn't sell out because you know that was a big risk right? It feels so good for it to finally be real doesn't it? Unfortunately this year June 22nd came and went for me with no new Disney trip in the works. Next year we are suppose to be trying new places that a mouse isn't involved in but we will see how that goes. I don't see it lasting.

12 days, and I felt like I lived at Disney, we were there so long, so this time we are shooting for 13 days!!! SQUEEE!

This is awesome. That is something I dream about, being at Disney for around 2 weeks just sounds marvelous!

No Disney in 2015" thing.... :sad2:

This was clearly a bad idea and it isn't too late to remedy it. Just saying. See above for my opinion on that.

ALL the night-time spectaculars with this method, including the Animal Kingdom one, which should be a go by then!!!

I can't wait for Animal Kingdom to have a night time show. Between that and Frozen Ever After there is no way I will be able to stay away in 2016; might as well just give it up now and book something because you know it might sell out soon.

I have got to figure out how to make this. Any idea where the recipe came from? Was it difficult?

Any countdown is awesome!

Very exciting! Must be great to go for a trip that long and not have to cram too much into one day. Park hopping is great just to give you the flexibility around meals and shows and stuff that you can change as needed.

That's cool also to be planning that far out and think about what could/should be open by then - like the AK nighttime show you mentioned. The new Jock Lindey's looks cool, as does the new Edison restaurant ... actually, by your trip I think all/most of Disney Springs should be done so even better you have a few non-park days planned

BTW - love the Drew gif

Yay! A new trip! That is so exciting! You are right, even if it is far away, being able to log into MDE and seeing a trip, makes it all better!

I am so totally jealous you get to go in September and for 13 days, wow that is going to be awesome!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! SO SO SO EXCITED!!!!
You do know what Sept 8th is right?!?!? Do ya do ya do ya?
My kids birthday!!!
I have a feeling our dates are going to OVERLAP!!!!!!!!!!!! i am soooooooooooo excited for you!!!

Awesome Pictures! I can't believe how empty the queue is for Safari!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter