• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Don't forget a picture of the food!" Updated 8/16! A Fall TR!

Sounds like a fun rest of the day at HS! All of those PP are precious!! It's good that you had time to enjoy the resort too!

oops, sorry - didn't realize I was sneaking into the middle of an update!

Glad you had fun at the arcade - always nice when you can take time to do something like that ... and also nice when you are able to do something unexpected/unplanned that you wind up enjoying

I love the pictures! Those photopass pictures are so good. Sounds like a great way to end the day. I'm sure the girls loved it!

I just love your PP photos, I love how Maddie tilts her head and expects every shot to be a magic one :goodvibes

It sounds like you had a fun evening!

I don't know why, but I'm just loving all the pics in these updates! You all look like you're having so much fun (that RnR pic is the best!) and it looks so nice with the sun finally shining on you again!

I'm glad you all got to spend some time enjoying the resort. I really enjoyed staying at POP.

I know! I can't wait to go back to POP, I really didn't know I would love it so much!

All those Magic Shots are really cute! :lovestruc

Looks fun! We walked by it several times last August, but never had time to stop.

Glad you were able to take some time to tour around the resort and try out the arcade!

Hahaha, my kids were so into the magic shots this trip, we got some fun ones on our later days!!

It was nice getting to stop and play!

Oh BOY!!
Love love TOT! so glad Olivia does too!!! such a great ride!!! Yes Rain does wear you out doesn't it? Love your resort! it's so FUN bright and HUGE!
I was one of the 125 million who watched the last M.A.S.H too!!!
Fun times in the arcade! everyone looks like they were having a blast! Haven't played in the arcades since i first trip!!

Everyones reports are making me want to go back SO BAD!!!

Me too! ToT is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

The rain is exhausting!!! I think it may be worse than the heat...

How funny about MASH!! We took those two photos because they were the years we were born!

Playing in the arcade was a nice treat!

Sounds like a fun rest of the day at HS! All of those PP are precious!! It's good that you had time to enjoy the resort too!

Yes, it was a great day after we got that rain outta the way!

oops, sorry - didn't realize I was sneaking into the middle of an update!

Glad you had fun at the arcade - always nice when you can take time to do something like that ... and also nice when you are able to do something unexpected/unplanned that you wind up enjoying

Haha, its okay!

We did have fun, yay for unplanned fun!

I love the pictures! Those photopass pictures are so good. Sounds like a great way to end the day. I'm sure the girls loved it!

Yes, I am proud of how much we stopped for PP Pics! We did good this trip getting our moneys worth!

I just love your PP photos, I love how Maddie tilts her head and expects every shot to be a magic one :goodvibes

It sounds like you had a fun evening!

Haha, thats so funny, Olivia used to do that head tilt, and now Maddie does! Lol.. it was pretty cute how she thought she was always getting a magic shot!

Sleeping In

Guess what!?!?! It was Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Day!!!! :dance3:

This meant something wonderful, a chance to sleep in!! We ended up waking up at 8:15, which is still pretty early, but at least we didn't have to wake up to alarms today!

We got up, got decent, and went down to the food court to grab some breakfast. Sorry, no photo's for you, I am certain we got the same thing, waffle and fruit plates, as we had been getting.

When we were done eating we went for a swim. I don't think we swam too long, maybe an hour, before heading back to the room for something lovely... NAPS!!!!!

I am not huge on napping in Disney, how can you nap knowing all that is happening around you!?!?!? HOWEVER, it is really, really nice to get a nap in when you have been go, go, going, like us. I think I see more naps in our future... :thumbsup2

We got back up at 1:30 and started to get in our costumes. :banana:

We had a very specific plan for this afternoon, and knew we would not be back to our rooms, so once we were all set, we loaded up the stroller and off we went... to Art of Animation!!

That's right, today's plan included a visit to our resort from our first trip. We LOVE AoA!! It's stunning! We loved the food and the themes and we really wanted to pay it a visit, and there's the added convenience that is a short walk across the bridge from POP. Another point of us going to AoA was to see the Cars area. On our first trip we never even had time to walk by it!! This was about to be remedied...

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the MAGNIFICENCE that is the Cars area of AoA!! popcorn::

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01467.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

Isn't it STUNNING! It totally feels like you are right in the movie. I loved every inch, and I am so glad that we got to explore it. :goodvibes

After checking that out we headed straight into the AoA food court, Landscape of Flavors. I already knew what I would be getting, the build your own pasta!!! I believe mine was bowtie pasta, with pesto and alfredo sauces and chicken. It did not disappoint! Neither did my chocolate dipped strawberry cheesecake!

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

Chris also had a fave from our last trip, the surf burger? I can't recall the name... basically a crab cake type of burger, which was good again. He got some sort of monster brownie.

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

The girls, I don't seem to have a pic of, but I believe they had a variation of spaghetti and the Mickey cupcake from above.

After lunch we made our way to the AoA bus lines and hopped in MK bus line, it was around 3:30 by now.

Soon we were pulling into MK, seeing those giant party pumpkins, and as soon as we made it up to the gate we got our wristbands, trick or treat bags, and were heading in!!!

Coming up, it's almost party time!

Last edited:

Hi Terri! I've just suscribed to the Dis (but I have been actively consulting it lol) and wanted to tell you I like your trip report sooo much :flower1:
Awesome t-shirts and matching accessories by the way!
I am planning myself a few Disney trips right now, how cool
Greetings from Paris :cutie:princess:

Hi Terri! I've just suscribed to the Dis (but I have been actively consulting it lol) and wanted to tell you I like your trip report sooo much :flower1:
Awesome t-shirts and matching accessories by the way!
I am planning myself a few Disney trips right now, how cool
Greetings from Paris :cutie:princess:

:welcome:

Hi!!! I'm so happy that you're enjoying the report, it really makes it worthwhile to write these out when you know someone is enjoying them. :love:

I would love to hear more about your planning with your upcoming trips, are you going to do a pre trip report? You should, it's so fun!

And Paris!! Like France? There's a Paris Texas not too far from me, but I'm hoping you mean France! :cloud9: always a dream of mine to visit there!!

That Cars area of AoA is just awesome! I really hope to spend more time exploring it someday. Cute pictures! Love those costumes too!

How funny about MASH!! We took those two photos because they were the years we were born!

Ouch...
LOL.

The rain is exhausting!!! I think it may be worse than the heat...

No KIDDING! GO AWAY RAIN! bad squishy feet!

I am not huge on napping in Disney, how can you nap knowing all that is happening around you!?!?!? HOWEVER, it is really, really nice to get a nap in when you have been go, go, going, like us. I think I see more naps in our future...

I cannot agree more.. Especially on party nights! Must swim and nap! MUST!

We LOVE AoA!

YAY!!! besides the Poly this is my #2.

AoA was to see the Cars area. On our first trip we never even had time to walk by it!! This was about to be remedied...

THIS!!! I cannot wait to stay here!!!

and the costumes!!! you all look perfect!!!!

:welcome:

Hi!!! I'm so happy that you're enjoying the report, it really makes it worthwhile to write these out when you know someone is enjoying them. :love:

I would love to hear more about your planning with your upcoming trips, are you going to do a pre trip report? You should, it's so fun!

And Paris!! Like France? There's a Paris Texas not too far from me, but I'm hoping you mean France! :cloud9: always a dream of mine to visit there!!

Such a nice post :bitelip:
The Paris of Ratatouille!! Funny you are dreaming of visiting France while we are dreaming of living in the US :yay: So if you know someone wanting to hire a super smart Disney fan, I am in!! Ahhaha

I couldn't update my signature with ticker but next trip to the World will be for Xmas, aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, 4days DCL in the Bahamas and 4 days at WDW, short stay but surely efficient

The Landscape of flavors seems really Yummy!

I get SO excited when a fellow Hanson fan finds me!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Seeing them in Disney was SO AWESOME!!!! I am so happy for you!! Couple of things, I thought there wouldn't be much of a line to see them, there WAS. Big time. So if its important for you to be up front, get in line early... or if the line is already long, get at the end and then when you make it up to the front, dont go in and wait it out for the next show. Now for me, I could not waste precious Disney time, so rest assured, even if you dont wait in line, even the standing in the back affords you a fine view! :thumbsup2 Also, they do the exact same set each of the three times they play, I still wish I'd went to more than one though. :rotfl:

So glad you're joining in!!

Haha! I love how excited you got in this post!

This is actually great advice. I've been a little stressed about getting a good spot to see Hanson given I'll have my two children with me. There is no way they are going to wait in line for over an hour with me. They could care less to see Hanson (although my daughter Penny (4) has recently started to request their song "Penny and Me" in the car for obvious reasons :)). Side Note - Yes I named my daughter Penny (Penelope) after that song - I am THAT fan - second daughter was supposed to be Madeline, but we had a boy instead:D .

Looking at your pics and seeing how you can really see everything from the back, I may do exactly what you did. As for seeing multiple shows, I'm like you and would love to do that as well! Again, the family may not allow that to happen. We are having to change our touring plans a little to see them so I am trying to be flexible on which show we see. We have one night designated to go to Epcot when Hanson is playing. I figured I would get there first and see how the kids are doing before I decide which show to see. As long as I get to see one, I'll be happy!

Do you know if they'll let my family cut in line if I save the spot? I feel like I read somewhere you can't do that at Disney. I would not put it past me to stand in line while the rest of my family tours the park.

I have caught up on the rest of your trip report! Beautiful family! I love all the pics! I am loving your pics of Pop Century! I've been interested in staying there some day and really want to after seeing your pictures! It really is beautiful! I know my kids would love it.

You got some amazing pictures at POP. In fact, for our next trip I was thinking of staying somewhere else, but this just made me want to go back to POP. We really enjoyed this resort.

Cannot wait to hear about your MNSSHP.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Haha! I love how excited you got in this post!

This is actually great advice. I've been a little stressed about getting a good spot to see Hanson given I'll have my two children with me. There is no way they are going to wait in line for over an hour with me. They could care less to see Hanson (although my daughter Penny (4) has recently started to request their song "Penny and Me" in the car for obvious reasons :)). Side Note - Yes I named my daughter Penny (Penelope) after that song - I am THAT fan - second daughter was supposed to be Madeline, but we had a boy instead:D .

Looking at your pics and seeing how you can really see everything from the back, I may do exactly what you did. As for seeing multiple shows, I'm like you and would love to do that as well! Again, the family may not allow that to happen. We are having to change our touring plans a little to see them so I am trying to be flexible on which show we see. We have one night designated to go to Epcot when Hanson is playing. I figured I would get there first and see how the kids are doing before I decide which show to see. As long as I get to see one, I'll be happy!

Do you know if they'll let my family cut in line if I save the spot? I feel like I read somewhere you can't do that at Disney. I would not put it past me to stand in line while the rest of my family tours the park.

I have caught up on the rest of your trip report! Beautiful family! I love all the pics! I am loving your pics of Pop Century! I've been interested in staying there some day and really want to after seeing your pictures! It really is beautiful! I know my kids would love it.

Hilarious! I wanted to name my first daughter Penny too! My hubby vetoed that :( but I did get my Madeline!! And she ALWAYS makes me play "the Maddie song" for her! Lol!! She also loves Lucy, because that's our dogs name, so Lucy must always be played right after Madeline! :rotfl2:

Anyway, yes that's a good plan to see how the kids are doing. Honestly the show is SHORT, maybe like 6-7 songs... Half an hour tops, so I personally wouldn't probably have my family cut in line if I was waiting. You may get some dirty looks, but then again I don't think anyone expects you to make small children wait, your practically doing them a favor sending them off! But still, I'm pretty sure that's frowned upon, and the line is behind a rope as well... I would wait if you want to sit up close and just tell your family to get a spot in back, or to hang out at the American pavilion, there's a fountain my kids enjoyed playing on and around and you can see and here the show from there. Then just meet them after. Or just stay together and get a spot in back.

Either way you'll be happy, I'm sure, just getting to see them at all is so worth it! :thumbsup2

It's Almost Party Time

This was it! It was finally MNSSHP time!!! :banana:

As I left off, we had just entered Magic Kingdom, where we were given our party bands and treat bags! First thing we HAD to do, was stop for a photo of course! You know, before the costumes start coming apart, lol.. :rotfl:

MK_TSHOLIDAY_7062432679.jpeg

The sun was pretty brutal, so it was hard to get a good photo, and it really bothers me that the photographer didn't perfectly center this picture, but what can ya do?

The crowds were pretty light at this moment..

DSC01476.jpg

Next, it was off to catch some rides before party time! We started with Maddie's favorite...

DSC01480.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

Again, I was obsessed with all the currency in the bottom!!

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

After our Small World tour we tried for Peter Pan, but it was down. So then we decided to head towards Fantasyland, we stopped for some frozen lemonades because it was HOT! :sunny:

I didn't even take photos for you, probably because it was so hot, we just wanted to cool down! But we got them from the Prince Eric stand outside of the Little Mermaid area.

After we were done with that cool treat we saw a PP photog in a cool spot!

MK_UNDERTHESEAMARQICONNC_7067534480.jpeg

MK_UNDERTHESEAMARQICONNC_7062463900.jpeg

MK_UNDERTHESEAMARQICONNC_7062463902.jpeg

MK_UNDERTHESEAMARQICONNC_7062463905.jpeg

MK_UNDERTHESEAMARQICONNC_7062463904.jpeg

MK_UNDERTHESEAMARQICONNC_7062463907.jpeg

As you can see, we were really having a hard time getting a family photo with everyone's eyes OPEN because of that sun! :crazy2:

We took a spin on VotLM after that...

DSC01483.jpg

DSC01485.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

I always have a great time on this ride, it's one of my favorite rides and movies, so I could ride it all day. I just love all the music and bright colors, the animatronics are just superb in here. :worship:

We decided to mosey on down to Tomorrowland, we knew we wanted to start the party in this land, and there were a couple things we wanted to do beforehand, including another first for us, the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor!!

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

I absolutely love the theming in here, I mean, c'mon, even the trash cans are themed! It really helps pass your wait when there is so much to look at! Also, this show has a cool feature, you can text in jokes during this time, an there's a chance they could get used in the show! Needless to say, Chris and I both texted in jokes... We didn't have to wait too long in this area, maybe 10-15 minutes until the doors opened and we were let into the laugh floor.

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

This show was a hoot and a holler! So cute!! It was the perfect length and the perfect amount of inter-activeness! Speaking of...guess who was in the show!?!?!

DSC01496.jpg

OLIVIA! That's right, she was picked to be "Boo" in the show... (the little girl from monsters inc) and every time they would mention Boo the camera would show her on the big screen! It was so cool, Olivia was cracking up, and so thrilled! She was a mini-celebrity for that few minutes, lol.. :rotfl:

Also.. on top of that my joke was in the show!!! I wish I had been quick enough with my camera to get a photo.. but basically the monsters tell some of the jokes you've submitted and mine was chosen! They told my joke and mentioned it was from "Terri from Texas!"

So what was my award winning joke??? Well, I can tell you, because I was smart enough to write it down so I wouldn't forget!! :rotfl2:

What do you call a fake noodle?

giphy.gif

An IMPASTA!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Needless to say, our day was made right there, and the party hadn't even started yet!!

We backtracked a bit to the speedway next..

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01498.jpg

DSC01500.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

It was sunny and beautiful and shaping up to be a great night for a party!!!

Coming up, it's finally party time!

Last edited:
Party Time!

We were getting really close to party time now, and only had a little bit of time to kill, so we hopped on one of my favorite things ever, the TTA Peoplemover!

DSC01505.jpg

DSC01506.jpg

Olivia reminded us, no dancing on the TTA! :lmao:

Seriously, one of the best things ever is this ride. It's a lovely break from the noise and crowds of the park, it hardly ever has a line, it's long and it affords you awesome views like this..

DSC01509.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

I just love cruising by these views and checking out all the people and characters in Tomorrowland below. :goodvibes

In fact, we were enjoying it so much, when we got back to the exit, there was no line so we asked if we could go again, and they let us stay on! Off we went for round 2!!

When we'd gotten our fill, and it was only about 15 minutes until party time, we headed back down into Tomorrowland and made an impulse decision to see a character first... who would we be meeting? Here's your hint...

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

Haha, that could actually be meant for several characters, but we were there to meet the villain of the movie, Lotso!! His line was almost non-existent, so we figured, why not? And know what? It turned out to be an AWESOME meet!

MNSSHP_TOMORRCHAR2_7062566907.jpeg

MNSSHP_TOMORRCHAR2_7062566908.jpeg

MNSSHP_TOMORRCHAR2_7062566107.jpeg

MNSSHP_TOMORRCHAR2_7062566108.jpeg

MNSSHP_TOMORRCHAR2_7062566109.jpeg

MNSSHP_TOMORRCHAR2_7062566111.jpeg

Lotso was so cute!! He was soft and fluffy and great!! We talked to him about how he wasn't really a bad bear, he just was acting for the movie, and he was very much in agreement to this! :rotfl2: He gave us lots of hearts, he drew with his arms. So sweet, that Lotso! :hug:

After that bundle of cute, we headed to the nearby Monsters Dance Party, where we "danced with monsters through the night, whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, ohhhhh, oh, oh..." :cool1:

I was very happy to find that there was a photopass person capturing the kids dancing!

MNSSHP_ROVERTOMORROWLAND_7062573406.jpeg

MNSSHP_ROVERTOMORROWLAND_7062570819.jpeg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

This was so fun, sometimes it's just great to dance and laugh, and be silly! We spent maybe about 15 minutes here before we moved on to do the girls top priority of the evening, TRICK OR TREATING! We hit up a few of the nearby Tomorrowland candy stops..

DSC01517.jpg

DSC01519.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

It's true what they say, they are very generous with the candy!

Since we ended up near it, we decided to take a spin on the teacups next. It was really cute, while we were parking the stroller a family dressed as Sheriff Callie characters passed us up and went nuts over our costumes, as we did theirs. You sure can tell who the Disney Junior families are! :rotfl:

DSC01521.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

And oh my gosh, just get a look of that lady to the right behind Maddie! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Not her finest moment to be captured on camera, I'm sure, and here I am pointing it out, but it just cracks me up!! :rotfl2:

It was now getting close to the time for the first parade, I was really scared Maddie would doze off and miss it if we waited for the second one, so we decided to find a spot for the first one early. We had a party snack in mind, so we headed in that direction.

We ended up right here...

DSC01523.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

Front row, across from Sleepy Hollow so Chris could get this..

IMAG0801.jpg

The pumpkin spice waffle, only offered at the MNSSHP! Now, I myself, am no fan of pumpkin flavored anything, so I didn't try it, but it was definitely well received with the hubs, and did not last long! :thumbsup2

Before long we were seeing these cool guys, which meant that the parade was close behind...

DSC01525.jpg

Coming up next, Boo to You!

Last edited:
That Cars area of AoA is just awesome! I really hope to spend more time exploring it someday. Cute pictures! Love those costumes too!

I know, it is awesome! Would love to stay in one of those suites one day..

Sounds like a fun time exploring AoA, can't wait to hear about the party!

It was so fun, but so much we missed, I can't wait to do it again one day!

Ouch...
LOL.

costumes!!! you all look perfect!!!!

Oops! I did NOT mean that in a mean way!! Love you MO! :hug:

Thank you!!

Such a nice post :bitelip:
The Paris of Ratatouille!! Funny you are dreaming of visiting France while we are dreaming of living in the US :yay: So if you know someone wanting to hire a super smart Disney fan, I am in!! Ahhaha

I couldn't update my signature with ticker but next trip to the World will be for Xmas, aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, 4days DCL in the Bahamas and 4 days at WDW, short stay but surely efficient

The Landscape of flavors seems really Yummy!

Haha, yes indeed!

Oh a land and sea trip at Christmas! That sounds WONDERFUL!

You got some amazing pictures at POP. In fact, for our next trip I was thinking of staying somewhere else, but this just made me want to go back to POP. We really enjoyed this resort.

Cannot wait to hear about your MNSSHP.

I know, I really didn't expect to enjoy POP so much, but I did, it's great! I think this will be our go to resort, even if we try other places now and then. It's just so hard to justify spending extra money on a room you barely use, besides sleeping. I would much rather save the money and use it to do extra fun stuff on my trip!

Great pictures! LOVE the costumes!

Thank YOU!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter