Donating Books

Our local HOSPITAL has a Book Fair twice a year and it's run by the volunteers. The $$ made is used for a variety of needs for our patient community.;)

I can't believe that you are in NJ. I might have the perfect solution. Try BookBGone. They are a non-profit that collects and redistributes books. And they pick up! You can find them at: www.bookbgone.com. It's a great organization. Hope this helps you.

Here's a description from their webiste.

"Some of the types of places we donate your books include:

* Food banks in New Jersey, New York and Maine
* Schools and after-school programs in New York, New Jersey, Kentucky and Missouri
* Community Centers in Oregon and New Jersey
* The Pritzker War Library in Illinois
* U.S. troops in Afghanistan

BookBgone has also picked up books from individuals all over New Jersey from Jackson to Montville to Ramsey; and has helped local community centers, houses of worship, libraries and schools to place overstocked, withdrawn or otherwise unused books with those groups who were in need of them."

Thank you! I like this.

OP - where in NJ are you? If you are in northern/central NJ, there is a huge biannual rummage sale in Far Hills NJ, run by the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills. They have a big book department and take all types of books in good condition. I been shopping there for years, love the selection! The next donation period is in April and the next sale is the first weekend of May.

Not sure if you live in that area, but the donations help raise money so the nurses can provide services to home-bound people, so it's for a great cause too!

Thank you for this info!!!!
Our local hospice is also looking for used books in good shape.

I just donated a big box full of books to my son's teacher. She was so excited.

If they are adult books, you already have a lot of good suggestions, but might want to consider a jail or psychiatric facility. Most people don't make plans to go to places like that and they have everything taken away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter