Donald's Breakfastasaurus

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by ks12066, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ks12066

ks12066 Mouseketeer

Ihave just returned from DD Adventure at WDW. We ate at Donald's in AK and it was horrible. The food was marginal at best and we felt so rushed by the people handling the characters. We would never do that again. We got much better character interaction at Epcot at the character connection. Don't waste your time or money eating here. :guilty: :guilty:

2. mumeof3

mumeof3 Mouseketeer

yikes we have ADR's here :smooth:

3. matt&jakesmom

matt&jakesmom DIS Veteran

I have an ADR planned at the end of August. Just like any of the restaurants some people like a particular one and others don't. I take all opinions and reviews with a grain of salt. I am still going to keep ours since we have never been there before. :)

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Denise Thies

Denise Thies Mouseketeer

Glas I read this one I am not going - glad I found out before its too late.

6. kvogel11202

kvogel11202 Mouseketeer

We ate here and found the food to be fine- it's a buffet, and had great interaction with the characters. I'm surprised you disliked it so much. It really stinks when you don't enjoy these things!

7. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

Do you think it was bad because it was too busy or too late in the morning? We are going in October at 8:05 am....I hope the food is fresh at that time of the day and hopefully the characters will get to spend some time with my 2 nieces

8. zookeeper

zookeeper Mouseketeer

We have an ADR there at the end of August. I've read more than a few posts complaining about this meal, but I figure we'll take our chances. Honestly, I don't understand how you can screw up a breakfast buffet :confused3 . As long as my kids are in the same room as the characters they'll be happy.

9. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

I went with my DD in May. We had a later ADR (10:30). I thought the food was fine. Not great like CP but fine. Lots of nice fruit and donuts along with the standard scrambled eggs sort of things. I don't have it on my list to go in Aug (we're doing CP and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast) but I can see us doing it again.

10. 1000th happy haunt

1000th happy haunt <font color=green>My source is knowledgable, but u

We ate there in January. The food was fine and interaction with the characters was great. I even had all the characters sign a birthday card for a friend.

11. frozone

frozone Mouseketeer

It's a basic breakfast buffet. If you're expecting more than eggs, bacon, waffels and such, I guess you'll be disapointed.

We had a great breakfast there, with good character interaction. Some of our best character pics of the trip.

12. HunnyPots

HunnyPots DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>The Tag Fairy is

I agree with the OP. We had a great experience there in 2003 but a really lousy one in 2004 so we haven't returned. If you want a really good breakfast buffet with much better character interaction, try Crystal Palace at MK. Beautiful restaurant and lots of variety on the buffet, too.

13. ks12066

ks12066 Mouseketeer

We had an 8:00 ressie. I think they wanted to push too many people through in a short amount of time.

14. Rudy6

Rudy6 Man

Sorry to hear that it was bad. We have been there three times, with a fourth time coming up next month. The first time was in July - the place was busy, but had great character interaction. Got to stay as long as we wanted to stay. In fact, I remember the second seating starting to come in and no one rushed us out. I thought the food was good. I cannot recall the month of the second time, but it was a blast. The waiter was always joking around. It had to be the last seating, because they were converting it into a McDonalds at the end of our meal, but no rush. Again, great character interaction. Likewise, good food. The last time was in October. The place was maybe half full. Characters good, food good, and absolutely no rush. I like the place a lot.

15. dawgfan

dawgfan from georgia ya'll

Enjoyed the review

16. jenr812

jenr812 <font color=deeppink>I'm wondering how outta hand

We went last July and were very disappointed as well. The food was decent and the selection was good. But the character interaction was horribly rushed!!!! Crystal Palace's breakfast was much better - more organized, nicer atmosphere, excellent character interaction, better food, extremely helpful staff... Can't wait to return!

17. gottalovethem

gottalovethem <font color=magenta>The DIS Moms love you!</font>

I enjoyed it better than some of the other breakfast character meals. I thought there were lots of choices of foods and my kids were thrilled to have fruit and donuts. The staff was nice and love doting on my kids. I think one of the dishes was way too salty, but otherwise I rather enjoyed the meal.

It's tough, as I know everyone has a difference experience. It was a great way for us to see some of the classic characters.

18. Disney owl

Disney owl DIS Veteran

This breakfast was our first ever at WDW & holds a special place in our memories. We would def do it again

19. crazy4dizney

crazy4dizney Mouseketeer

O.k food , very expensive , rushed service , That sums it up... ;)

20. otter215

otter215 Earning My Ears

I have heard that the motto, "Love and shove," is how many of the character attendants describe dining, but, at AK, it is referred to as "shove and shove.' With that said, there is never an excuse for a cast member to rush you or make you feel unwelcome. It is great that many of you have had a good experience.

21. Fairy_Tale_Bride

Fairy_Tale_Bride DIS Veteran

I thought the food was very good, but it was so hot in there! It was like there was no A/C and there were too many people there for that small of an area to get food. The characters were all great, but they went around once and were gone. It was time for you to get out and go! The checking in experience was awful! The staff was screaming, angry, and yelling. We were all irritated, hot, and sweaty. Not a sit down and enjoy yourself experience at all.