Dolphin Hotel vs Port Orleans Riverside

• Dolphin

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Riverside

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Richi3

Registered
There are 4 people in my party going to Disney World in 2016. There will be a two adults and two children (14 & 16). I am worried about transportation and location. We will only be going to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Btw this is our first trip to Disney World

If cost is no issue then hands down the Swan will be a bit more convenient. With it being a short walk to Epcot it's pretty convenient. As far as getting to MK you could go from Epcot on the Monorail or take the bus directly, neither would be too bad. Anytime you have a walk to one park the convenience of that beats out another where you have to bus to ever park.

If cost is no issue then hands down the Swan will be a bit more convenient. With it being a short walk to Epcot it's pretty convenient. As far as getting to MK you could go from Epcot on the Monorail or take the bus directly, neither would be too bad. Anytime you have a walk to one park the convenience of that beats out another where you have to bus to ever park.
Getting to MK from the Swan via EPCOT would entail a rather long walk through EPCOT and a transfer once the monorail gets to the TTC, and most importantly, would require park hopper tickets since you would need admission to both EPCOT and MK on the same day. The bus to MK would be faster and much more convenient IMO.

I love Epcot resort area, so I'm saying hands down Swan/Dolphin. 10 minute max walk to Epcot!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

The only perk you won't get is Magical Express (bus to and from airport). If you don't want to rent a car, you can book a shuttle company. I've used Mears in the past, and it was just fine.

You also don't get the dining plan if you wanted that at the Swan/Dolphin. No magic bands and charges back to room either. That being said, we love the Swan/Dolphin and stay there often.

Remember to factor in the cost of the Swan resort fee ($23 per day). Also, as PP said, you will need to pay to get from the airport to/ from the Swan Dolphin. If you are driving, you will have to pay for parking.

The Swan has just been refurbished, so nice new rooms!!

LOVE the Swan Dolphin and the Epcot area. It is so convenient! The rooms are comfortable and luxurious.

I would stay at the Swan before the POR for location alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!