Dolphin teacher rate?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by TinkGirl, Dec 27, 2009.

1. TinkGirl

TinkGirl DIS Veteran

Jan 4, 2006
    To get a better price on a flight, we may be traveling the day before our BLT vacation starts. Does anyone know if the Swan/Dolphin still has teacher discounts? Does ME go here, and will they change your luggage even though they are not official Disney resorts? We are a family of 5, so our only option that is not deluxe is POR (why we bought into DVC in the first place).
  2. Chic

Chic DIS Veteran

Apr 7, 2004
    The Swan & Dolphin still offers teacher discount rates. Usually, better discounts are offered if you book 4 to 8 weeks before arrival. I'm not sure about Magical Express but my guess is that it is not available since this isn't a Disney hotel. I do remember that the Dining Plan is not available at the Swan & Dolphin. Are you an Annual Passholder? If so, you can typically get a discount room at Wilderness Lodge for around $139 a night. Be sure to check for the latest discounts available. Have a good trip!
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

Jun 22, 2001
    Magical Express is not available as a free service to the Swan or Dolphin resorts. You'd need to pay for Mears transportation or arrange for private transportation, and retrieve your own luggage at the airport. They will transfer your luggage between resorts. Remember that you also have to factor in the $10 per night resort fee.
  4. CarolAnnC

CarolAnnC <font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin

Oct 9, 2000
    This is more suited to our Resorts Board, so I am moving it over there..