Dolphin Question: Anyone Ever Upgraded To Club Level Using SPG Points?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by AndyMcV, May 3, 2005.

1. AndyMcV

AndyMcV DIS Veteran

Hi Gang

We're going to the Dolphin from May 29th to June 9th and we have a lake view room booked. I have 13,000+ spg points and I'm a gold member. We want to upgrade to club level using our points (1000 per night). Has anyone ever done this before? What's your experience?

Thanks,
    Andy

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kapp

Kapp <font color=CC33CC>Tag patience is a virture I am

and used our SPG points to upgrade to Club Level. I am pretty sure that the Dolphin charges 1,500 points a night for Club Level even though it says 1,000 on some sites. We asked for Club Level access but requested a non-Club Level room as we wanted a room with a balcony (which we got!) and a great view of Epcot for Illuminations (we got that too!). It as a little walk to go to the Club Level Hospitality Room but the view and balcony made it more than worth it! I have heard that they are trying to stop this and just have Club Level privleges for those actually staying on the Club Level. We purchased the Club Level the stated 5 days before we arrived and were glad we did as when we checked it, they were out of Club Level access. There was huge convention there and at check-in, some of the attendees upgraded to Club Level.

The Dolphin is a GREAT hotel and we loved all of it. Being able to go to the CLub Level and get a good breakfast, water bottles and evening snacks was a great perk.

Have a great time!

4. MSC

MSC Mouseketeer

5. MSC

MSC Mouseketeer

6. Kapp

Kapp <font color=CC33CC>Tag patience is a virture I am

on the Dolphin was the usual cereal, pastries, etc. but the pastries were made on site and not some pre-packages thawed assortment like at some resorts. There was a number of fresh juices, a lot of fresh fruit, many good cereals, etc. The breakfast was the main reason we wanted access too and it was worth it!