• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolphin Nurse Discount or Deluxe w/ free dining

CajunBug

Earning My Ears
My Nurse wife and I are going to WDW for the first time since we were both kids!

We are scheduled for 9/2-9/6 at the Dolphin w/ King size Deluxe Resort view with Balcony for 4 nights at $174 per night. Haven't got my passes yet?

For 600-800 more we can stay at Disney Deluxe with Free Dining?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused3

I have a couple of things for you to consider, and these are just my opinions of course.
1. How old are your kids?
2. What deluxe resort are you considering?
3. Do you plan to do MNSSHP?
4. Will you have a car or be using Disney's transportation?

The Dolphin is a lovely hotel- my only complaint about it is the pool. It is beautiful, but always COLD. This pool is not heated as much as the Disney resorts are, and my family finds it not as enjoyable because of that. The wading pool there for little ones is warmer.

As for dining, in four days with the four of you depending how old your children are, you could easily spend 100.00 or more per day, especially if you do character meals.

I will need to know the answers to the above and then may be able to offer more insight!

We are not bringing the kids!!!!! They are 4 and 22 months. I have business their for a few days after our stay. So, does it pay for a couple to use the FREE dining plan?

I figured that if we stayed at Boardwalk or Polynesian with the Standard rooms it would cost about 600 more dollars to get the FREE dining plan and the other options that a Disney resort offers like Magical Express, etc.

Or is the Dolphin a wonderful deal at $175 for a Resort View with Balcony vs. Boardwalk or Poly with a standard room. I could use the extra money saved for the dining???????

I don't know, but I am book for the Dolphin and just second guessing!!!!!!!

My sis and I had a similar ? 2 adults only with AP's do the ap rate discount on deluxe or go with the package and get free dining? After working it out, and figuring how much we would spend on dining I still think it is cheaper (mostly because of no kids) to stay with the ap rate and pay for our own dining. I do have the DDE card too, already.

Dolphin is a great property for an adult only trip. I would base it on too where your conference / business is? If its at the dolphin then the convince is really a factor. OR, which area / park you prefer to be near? epcot vs. mk? vs. dtd? etc.... .

Which hotel interest you more? Really want to stay in? Which trip are you budgeted for? Figure out your food spending: on deb's site go to menu's and get an idea of how much your meals will run = www.allearsnet.com

Whatever you decide have a great time, your at wdw, you can't have a bad time. ::MickeyMo ;)

mky princess:

I have seen a picture of the "heavenly beds" at the Swan and Dolphin....if you can find that picture...it will make up your mind...the bed itself would be worth the trip with just your spouse!

This is amazing! You folks really have this figured out!!!! I am glad I decided to post. This will be the first trip for my wife and I since we were little.

The company I work for is just starting a new business relationship with a company in Orlando and I will have the opportunity to go there often. I guess I will be looking for help from everyone on hot discounts and tips!!!!

Thanks,

Cajunbug
Still earning those ears!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter