• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolphin Encounter Questions

tam012864

DIS Veteran
I have some questions about the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau that I hope some of you experienced cruisers can help me with. First of all, do you need swim shoes in the water? And secondly, has anyone purchased the "photo album" (the $119 one) was it worth it and do you need to inform them prior to entering the water that you wish to purchase this? And last, is lunch provided in your excursion fee? Or are we responsible for supplying our own lunch? Thanks for anyones help!!!!!!:wave2:

We did the Dolphin Encounter when we cruised in May. We had our two daughters ages 4 and 7. We had the TIME OF OUR LIFE!!!! The kids wore their water shoes, but we did not. You stand on a platform in the water that sways so it might be easier to keep your balance if you wear your water shoes.

We did purchase the photo album and the video. I originally did not want to spend the extra money but my husband talked me into it and I am SO glad we did. They are the best memories. You have to tell them ahead of time whether or not you are going to purchase it because if you are they spend a whole lot more time with your family trying to get enough pictures. There was a big difference in the amount of time my family spent with the dolphins than the families that did not purchase the photo album. The photo album is a PRICELESS memory.
After you are done you can get to actually view the video tape and decide if you want it. Once again, I highly recommend spending the extra money on it.

Enjoy your trip!!!

I forgot to mention about lunch. You are all given a meal and drink coupon to use on the island for lunch. You have the choice of a cheeseburger, hot dog, ribs and two side dishes. It was pretty good.
If you are planning on spending the day on the beach after the encounter I suggest bringing something to lay on. The towels provided by Disney just didn't cut it. They don't have any lounge chairs so I was wishing that I had brought a regular size beach towel to sit on. There are a couple hammocks, but they are further away from the water. The beach is absolutely GEORGEOUS!

Oh THANK YOU so much Suzanp66!!!! You were most helpful!!

We are so excited about our cruise---and I will definately be buying that album and video!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!:wave:

We did Dolphin encounter on the 04/04/04 Wonder, and I would add a couple things...First..they do offer free wet suits for you to use...the encounter is under a canopy..so it can be a little chilly...so may want to use them...second...they do have small lockers (about the size of two 12 packs) while you are in the water...Third...after our encounter, we waited around for the video in the sounvenier shop..we waited and waited and waited...then we finally asked and they said..oh yea it has been done for awhile...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so then we went to eat...lines were a mile long and they are soooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooow...we had to gulp our food down to catch the 2pm boat back..so...if you want pics and video tell them you do..and that you are going to lunch..then come back and pick it up. Also..couple other things..if you intend to shop in Nassau...take the 2 pm boat back..gets you back about 3pm and the stores close at 5-5:30...also..on the way back..you stop at Paradise Island first...so if you intend to do Atlantis..saves you one taxi fee by getting off the boat there...Have a great time!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter