Dolphin Discovery age rules?

mom23boyz

Wishing I Had a Magic Wand
My two oldest boys want to do the Dolphin Swim Adventure in Cozumel. My husband and I don't care to do this, nor do we really want to pay for ourselves. Has anyone ever booked their kids into this without their parents? My boys will be 12 and 14 at the time. Please help!

According to the Dolphin Discovery site:

Children 8 to 12 years old must come with a paying adult (per child) as a companion.

One of you might be able to sign up as an observer.

A suggestion...if you have time or on another vacation....

We found Discovery Cove in Orlando (sister park to Sea World) to be a better experience than any Dolphin thing we've done on any cruise line. By Florida law, you are limited to 30 minutes in the water with the dolphin preceeded by a 15 minute session with a trainer. The rest of the day is spent in their aviary, stingray pool, coral reef, tube ride, etc. It is an "all inclusive" price which means lunch, parking, a family photo on entry, and a one week pass to Sea World. There is a steep fee for the whole thing, but a much lower fee for people who choose to not do the dolphin swim. You can book the full package for the kids and the "no dolphin" deal for the parents...and can walk the kids over to the dolphin area at their scheduled time and watch them from the shore.

When I booked directly with Dolphin Discovery the required one adult per child (ages 8 & 10). They wouldn't let DH go with the both of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter