Dolphin - Car or No Car?

sab53085

Mouseketeer
I am going to be staying at the Dolphin with my boyfriend for a week in May and am contemplating whether or not to rent a car. We got the Superbowl deal since we are NY residents but still would have to pay $14/day for parking. We were thinking of renting the car for transportation to/from airport, Universal, and if we wanted to eat/shop offsite.

Would we be saving money renting the car even if we don't use it a lot versus using Mears/taxis?

If you were only staying on Disney property, I'd probably recommend just using the WDW buses which server the Dolphin. Since you are planning to go off site, then renting a car makes sense, even with the parking fee.

BTW, last week we had a great seafood dinner at the Towne Tavern in Celebration.

The car will be around $200 plus $125 in parking fees. I don't know if we would spend $325 in Mears/taxi fees. Decisions, decisions!

I am debating this as well. We could get a full size car for the 11 days we're there for ~$200. Probably less if I worked with coupons some. We are staying at BWV, so there are 2 parks we wouldn't use it for: EPCOT & DHS. The last 2 days of our vacation we're going to Universal (staying at their hotels) and would have to pay the parking fee there. Even with taxis to Universal and back to the airport, I don't know if it's worth it for us. Part of the vacation is not having to drive anywhere. We really don't mind bus waits generally. And there is a certain hassle to parking and walking to the parks vs being let off right by the gates. Decisions, decisions, indeed!

Get the car! Going to eat and shop offsite is a real plus! Plus we drive to the parks, except MK. Waiting for buses sucks up huge chunks of time!

I am going to be staying at the Dolphin with my boyfriend for a week in May and am contemplating whether or not to rent a car. We got the Superbowl deal since we are NY residents but still would have to pay $14/day for parking. We were thinking of renting the car for transportation to/from airport, Universal, and if we wanted to eat/shop offsite.

Would we be saving money renting the car even if we don't use it a lot versus using Mears/taxis?

If you won't go offsite everyday, you can rent a car at Dolphin the day you need it. Alamo is there.

I love staying at the Swan/Dolphin, but don't like paying to park a car. I'd rather pay for Mears transportation to Universal for the day than pay for the rental car, plus pay to park it at the Dolphin AND at Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter