Dole Whips around WDW in Bob's memory (with pics)

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
Bob loved everything about WDW. There was not one inch he didn't find magical.

How about just a picture anywhere holding a Dole Whip? It doesn't have to be a specific spot that embodies Bob's love of Disney - more the whimsy and magic of it all.
A Dole Whip can represent your spending time with Bob around the park.

He would love knowing he was able to spend time with you enjoying a Dole Whip anywhere.

John

I like this idea! I bet Pete will put a special category ie. "Dole Whips around WDW in memory of Bob" in the DIS Community Photo Gallery section for the pics and we can all post them there. I have only one concern... THEY ARE GOING TO RUN OUT OF DOLE WHIPS!!!! ;)

I was thinking if we did the bench thing, what if they removed the bench one day :scared1: we would of had to do a spot that will never be gone, ya know. But this being it is the whole WDW and a Dole Whip :thumbsup2 I can see it now, pics of the someone with a Dole Whip on the train, monorail, on a bench, in front of Peter Pan, the Castle, everywhere in WDW ... how cool that is could be everywhere Bob loved, like John said ALL of WDW!! With a creative bunch like we have here, this could is sooo perfect to honor Bob's memory and keep his love for Disney going on- in his name!

Now I am getting excited, we can honor Bob by doing the things he loved best :goodvibes Going to WDW and getting DOLE WHIPS!!

What do you all think, we should all take a vote here ..."DOLE WHIPS AROUND WDW" I start with a big fat YES!!

Thanks John, for the wonderful idea!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I don't even think it needs a vote. I'm sure the answer will be an overwhelming YES.

We'll be in the WDW from the 18-23 (17 days away). I'll be sure to post my picture enjoying every bite/sip.

I'll be there in 44 days and you can bet I'll be having a dole whip and taking pictures. Maybe we can get a sticky thread so we can post photos to it whenever we go.

I cannot wait to get my dole whip... We are not back to the world until July but keep your eyes open at fairs and carinvals this spring and summer.. we found Dole whips at a fair last year so you never know where they may pop up... and I know Bawb would want us to enjoy them everywhere!!

can you only get dole whips in the MK? I've never had one before.. but will be getting one every trip from now on! Are there different variations on dole whips?

We are not going until Sept. 2009 but I will do it. I have never tried a Dole Whip so it will be my very first one.

I think you can get them at the Poly too..... They come with either vanilla icecream or pineapple icecream.
Go over the bridge to Adventure Land from the hub, and the stand is on the right. Can't miss it.

Great minds think alike. Going to MK today to have me a Dole Whip for the first time. Bawb has inspired me to go get me one.

Thinking of you Bawb, don't worry I'll get you one!

Maybe we can get a locked pic thread for people to post their pics for years to come!

Great minds think alike. Going to MK today to have me a Dole Whip for the first time. Bawb has inspired me to go get me one.

That's so thoughtful, Will. I know Bawb is up in heaven and thrilled that you are enjoing the MK in his memory. Will you be taking an impromptu nap also? :rotfl:

It gets my vote. I'll take a pic with my Dole Whip in front of the Aloha Aisle and post it here....in Sept. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Dole Whips!! Hope to start with Will's.

Enjoy it Will :thumbsup2

I think this is a great idea. We all know dole whips were one of the many things that Bawb loved about WDW...how can we forget the time he brought his dole whip trash to the studio?

I'll be at MK a week from today. You can guarantee that I'll be getting a picture of me and my dole whip.

When I go in 2 weeks, it will be our first as well. Report back how is was!

I don't like Dole whips, but my mom sure does!

I will get a picture with one, and hand it on over to mom!

She will be pleased!

It won't be till next year, but i WILL do it!

Now I REALLY can't wait until our Sept trip! This will make it easier for me - I just need to be able to do something, anything! Thanks for the great idea!

I will be at WDW June 15-22nd and will be sure to have a dole whip and take a picture with it somewhere at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter