Dole Whip: Spring is here

robertgp124

DIS Addict
Spring has finally arrived in West Virginia. So in honor of spring's arrival, we fired up the ice cream maker and made some homemade Dole Whips. We raised our glasses to Bob, the patron of the Dole Whip! Cheers! :banana:

That sounds good! I am going to buy DH an ice cream maker for fathers day, what is your recipe?

You can buy the dry mix online. I think it's about $22 for a four pound bag (makes around 70 dole whips). Has anyone ordered this? I'm trying to find out a calorie count so I can figure out the WW points per serving.

I googled it, and this is the recipe (from the DisBoards Archive) that I came up with.

Doombuggy Version:

1 quart Dole pineapple juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups heavy whipping cream
3 cups sugar
Milk

Mix the pineapple juice and sugar, making sure that the sugar is dissolved.
Next add the cream and vanilla.
Pour the whole mixture into a 4-quart ice cream maker.
Add milk to finish, filling to the fill line.
At this point simply follow the instructions on your ice cream maker.
When the ice cream is ready you can serve it as is or you can stick it in the freezer for a while and let it set up a bit.

When I went to fix the Dole Whip mixture, I noticed our ice cream mixer was too small, so I cut the recipe in half. It came out fine. Cost was about $5. $3 for the pineapple juice (still have plenty to make more), $2 (ish) for the heavy cream. Already had the sugar and vanilla on hand. I let our ice cream maker run for about a half an hour (give or take), then let it set up in the freezer for about an hour. To me, it was fine after the ice cream maker - but you may prefer it to be a bit harder.

Enjoy, and don't forget to toast Bob (and take a nap after you're done)!

Y'know, I DID win that ice cream maker, and I never have had a dole whip. Maybe I ought to try it before I sell it on eBay.

no dole whips here, but we had company over last night and I made an amaretto fruit dip with fresh fruit and it was deeelish - very summery!

I haven't had a Dole Whip in 12 yrs. :sad1:

I will next month though. :cool1:

I googled it, and this is the recipe (from the DisBoards Archive) that I came up with.

Doombuggy Version:

3 cups sugar
Milk

When the ice cream is ready you can serve it as is or you can stick it in the freezer for a while and let it set up a bit.

When I went to fix the Dole Whip mixture, I noticed our ice cream mixer was too small, so I cut the recipe in half. It came out fine. Cost was about $5. $3 for the pineapple juice (still have plenty to make more), $2 (ish) for the heavy cream. Already had the sugar and vanilla on hand. I let our ice cream maker run for about a half an hour (give or take), then let it set up in the freezer for about an hour. To me, it was fine after the ice cream maker - but you may prefer it to be a bit harder.

THANKS!! I can't wait to make this!!!

When its time for me to have a Dole Whip, I say to the rest of the family "Hey let's go ride the Jungle Cruise" I think they are onto me at this point though:-)

Via iPhone while sitting at work doing remote server maintenance!

Doombuggy Version:

3 cups sugar
Milk

MMMMMM...
I think I may have to try this soon...

My mom and I go to Disneyland (and world haha) at least once a year and we make a point to stop and get a dole whip everytime we go. If you haven't tried it yet definately give it a shot. Its totally worth it!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!