Doing Dis while Pregnant?

jessp1021

*Dreamin of Disney*
We are planning to start trying towards the end of the summer but also are planning to go to Disney in November. Does anyone know what rides are okay if you're pregnant? Would it be a waste of a trip?

We are planning to start trying towards the end of the summer but also are planning to go to Disney in November. Does anyone know what rides are okay if you're pregnant? Would it be a waste of a trip?

I went once when I was 16w pregnant...basically avoid all the "mountains" (I avoided splash mtn as well) and dinosaur at Ak. (We had an enthusiastic driver on the safari at ak...so that may be a little iffy) Teacups might be another to avoid.

I basically just ate all week. It was awesome. Lol

We also went to universal that week which is absolutely pointless if you are pregnant IMO

Best of luck trying! ;)

We're definitely waiting to being TTC until after our Disney trip...it's kind of our "last hurrah" before babytime. I really wouldn't want to do Disney while pregnant if I could avoid it (pure jealousy of my husband riding everything without me), but if you have the time and the money, why not?

Avoid the mountains, and the cars...

I went nearly 7 months pregnant with my 5th, with my four kiddos (8,6,4,2 at the time) by myself from chicago (dh had a business trip and it was one of those stay and play deals, and it was a great deal!).

It was June and quiet warm, but we had a blast! Nearly every ride they let you stand in the que and get out, so I was able to be with the older two as the boarded).

We went in the pool everyday and loved going to BB and TL, minus the big drop slides, that was lots of fun

We are planning for our second trip while I'm pregnant. Our last trip was in 2011 and I was 32 weeks pregnant. I rode everything my younger kids could ride and we had a great time. I did several rides but of course nothing that was really fast or had a drop. We had a great time though and I wouldn't let being pregnant stop me from going.

I went while 9 weeks pregnant (not planned that way). It was fun because it's Disney, but otherwise it wasn't great. I rode on all rides except the thrill ones, but I had horrible morning sickness. I didn't enjoy the food, usually I love it, but my stomach couldn't take it. Waste of the meal plan. I fell asleep at like 8 pm every night and DH would go back to the parks alone to ride all the thrill rides I couldn't ride. If I had gone later in my pregnancy, after I was out of the first trimester, then I think I would have enjoyed it more.

I went went I was 7/8 weeks and the trip was great. The only rides that you can't ride are the trill rides, anything that is too bump and rough.

My pregnancy was a planned one (IVF) so I was mentally prepared that I could not ride my favorite rides ( space mountain, Everett and pirates of Caribbean) but there was still a lot rides that I could go - we just took very easy.

I really enjoyed not rushing around and taking a lot of breaks and people watching.

I went when I was 30 weeks with my daughter. I am now pregnant, and we are trying to decide if we want to do another babymoon to Disney with DD. Yes, there are ride restrictions on many of the "Big" rides, but there is still plenty to do. You can see a list of ride restrictions on the website. Basically, you can't do the mts. at MK, Test Track at Epcot, ToT and RRC at DHS, and Everest, Dinosaur, Kali, and Primal Whirl at AK.
I did ride the Teacups (we didn't spin it) and the Safari even though there is a restriction on the Safari. It is a jeep ride. I figure the roads in front of my in-laws are worse than the Safari, but I did make sure to ride in the front row. I also had been on it many times before so I kind of knew what I was getting in to.

I went once when I was 16w pregnant...basically avoid all the "mountains" (I avoided splash mtn as well) and dinosaur at Ak. (We had an enthusiastic driver on the safari at ak...so that may be a little iffy) Teacups might be another to avoid.

I basically just ate all week. It was awesome. Lol

We also went to universal that week which is absolutely pointless if you are pregnant IMO

Best of luck trying! ;)

Hehehe "ate all week" - me too! I have done the Safari during a couple of pregnancies. Make sure you sit in the front - way less bumpy! They do say "pregnant women should not ride" though. Many of Disney's rides do not have a height requirement so skipping the thrill rides was not a big deal for me. Disney is fun just to soak in the atmosphere :)

Thanks for all the input! I prefer the more tame rides so it sounds like it wouldn't really change what I typically ride when we are there!

I've been while I was pregnant twice, once at 6 months and once at 7 months. I had a blast both times and never felt like I really missed out on anything and I LOVE thrill rides. A great tip if you are going with others that want to ride the thrill rides is to go to the baby care center (there is one in each park) and relax a bit while they ride. They take great care of moms-to-be in there too. You can sit in a comfortable seat in air conditioning and get off of your (probably swollen) feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter