doing a happy dance

Discussion in 'disABILITIES Community Board' started by brat, Feb 21, 2011.

1. brat

brat DIS Veteran

Our youngest got her first powerchair today and seeing her face light-up with joy is just so much fun.We made a trade with friends whose child had out-grown a Wizzybug to give them DSs out-grown etac for it.

Just watching her discover that she can get places...
    She is all giggles and grins.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kat77

Kat77 <font color=blue>Now if I could just remember how

:goodvibes That's so awesome.

4. WheeledTraveler

WheeledTraveler DIS Veteran

That's wonderful!

I was an adult when I got my powerchair, but my roommate will tell you that I was just like a kid in it! I still get excited when I think about how much freedom it gives me! (I still am like in a kid in it when I can use it, although I can't use it as much due to transportation issues where I now live so am limited to places I manage with my manual chair or can get a push.)

5. brat

brat DIS Veteran

Thank you. I thought you guys would understand and some of you would remember that joy.

I also was an adult when I moved up to a powerchair. Youngest is 18m old.The wizzybugs were tested with kids as young as 9m old but they recommend that unless a parent also use a powerchair you wait till age 2yr old.

Wheeled praying you get freedom on your vacations to have runaround space.I am in AZ now so we have space to run. I know my boss might be moving us in the next year or two.Where are you where transport is not as freeing as it should be?:hug:

6. peemagg

peemagg <font color=blue>We are doing the AKL tri-fecta<br

I am not a powerchair user yet, but I understand that feeling of independence you get from one. That is the feeling I got when I got my scooter.

Congratulations to you and your daughter!

7. Eeyore5

Eeyore5 Mouseketeer

That is awesome! I remember the feeling of freedom the first time I used a manual chair and again the first time I used an ECV. It is fun to get where you want to go without struggling. :goodvibes

8. brat

brat DIS Veteran

Thank you.

She is just enjoying herself.We went to visit one my Moms friends in a local nursinghome, she giggled her way to everyone she saw.We really notice that she gets friendlier looks from folks while in her new powerchair than in her stroller/baby carrier.

9. brat

brat DIS Veteran

power wheels no matter the type are fun compaired to the work of manual.