doing a boat cruise for rehearsal dinner

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by sarah_n_brian2006, Feb 1, 2007.

1. sarah_n_brian2006

sarah_n_brian2006 <font color=deeppink>No questions asked and they w

has anyone had a party on one of these boats Breathless or Grand 1? What was your experience? Would you recommend it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Janet2k

Janet2k DIS Veteran

I attended a Grand 1 fireworks/dessert cruise last summer as a guest. It was a lot of fun. I don't have many photos shared of that cruise, but I do have some: click here.

All of Disney's watercraft have size limitations. For our Grand 1 cruise last summer, the guest list was capped at 10 people because we were having food & beverages served aboard. Sometimes more folks are allowed on the boat, but it is entirely up to Disney and you have to abide by their rules.

I have also been on a couple of fireworks cruises in other areas of WDW. My family has watched both the Disney-MGM Studios' Fantasmic fireworks and Epcot's Illuminations fireworks from watercraft. When you book those boats, Disney will let you know what their capacity is.

Click here for the official WDW "specialty cruises" webpage. I think a specialty cruise is a wonderful idea. My family has always enjoyed them.

4. LIGrumpyGirl

LIGrumpyGirl DIS Veteran

They are great but very difficult to book.

5. Janet2k

Janet2k DIS Veteran

LIGrumpyGirl, excellent point regarding the pontoon boats for Illuminations.

Sarah_n_brian2006, how large is your guest list?

6. Skylarr29

Skylarr29 <font color=blue>Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy

The breathless can only hold 7 people and even 7 adults is REALLY pushing it. Pontoon might work better.

7. DisneyFairy19

DisneyFairy19 Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been

My sister and I did the specialty cruise for my parents on their anniversary. and it was so beautiful they enjoyed it very much. It was about 8 of us..