Doin it in Style @ The Poly! September 2010 Here we Come!!!

Cute shirt. :thumbsup2

Your day 1 plans sound good. I think you should be able to get a good viewing spot for Wishes if you do that before your ADR at Kona. (?)

Man, I'd love to stay at the Poly...... :love:

Thanx :)

We were thinking, would we have watch Wishes first and then eat. Maybe it would be better to just get Captain Cooks and watch wishes on the beach.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Great shirt!

Thanx, wonder what Mickey will say when he sees it :laughing:

Evening All :wave:

I thought I was start tonights post off with a lil recap of our first trip to the World in 2007. Maybe remembering this trip might bring about some new ideas etc that we can do on this years trip :)

We flew out all eager and excited in September. We were very pleased with the weather, it was gorgeous and soooo hot :beach:

We were staying at CBR and were allocated a room in Barbados. When we first checked, we were given the obligatory map and directions. So we proceeded to walk around for the next 10 mins looking for our building/area. Little did we know, we could have just walked from Custom House over the little walkway/bridge and we would have been there in 2mins. Oh well never mind.

IMG_0576.jpg

I think I will post a few pics for now with some comments :)

IMG_0353.jpg

Our first day was at MK and we had a breakfast at CP. We loved the place, but did not like where we were seated, as it was right by the window where everyone queues/lines up to check in for their ADR, so from time to time we had an audience watching us.

IMG_0370.jpg

Our first pic of the Castle

IMG_0388.jpg

DF isn't really keen on our pics from this trip as just before we left he came down with a really bad bug and lost alot of weight. So he is not his usual looking self in these pics. I think he looks fine though :lovestruc:

IMG_0425.jpg

I think dinner that evening was Tony's. This was back in the day when the DDP has appetisers and gratuity included. I ordered these fresh bread sticks, that looked more like a French stick which came with this awesome tomato sauce

IMG_0487.jpg

I think Day 2 was spent at Epcot, which was a scorcher of a day, but we had a great time.

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

We ate at Nine Dragons for lunch and this has now become a tradition to do on our first Epcot day for lunch now (did the same thing for the last trip). DF ordered Sweet n Sour and I ordered the Honey Chicken which was soooooooooooooooo good :thumbsup2

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

We had dinner at Restaurant Marakesh which was rather nice. Would have been nice to go back again, but I have heard that its not as good as it used to be and that they have replaced the rice with cous cous :(

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

Think thats it for now. I have been putting off exercising for updating (poor excuse I know), so am off to try and get fit.

Goodnight

Stefy x

Great update!

By the way I love all the shirts you got and the one for your DF is just so nice!

And to post pics from past trips is really great - lets us get to know you even better!
Keep the photos and plans coming!!

Looks like you two had a great time in 2007! It's so much fun to re-live past trips, isn't it? Especially when you've got a nice little ticker looking toward the next one...

You two are cute as a button:cutie: I'm glad to hear a positive report of Nine Dragons. I've read so many negative reviews.:confused3

You two are cute as a button:cutie: I'm glad to hear a positive report of Nine Dragons. I've read so many negative reviews.:confused3

We both love chinese food and whilst we know there are better Chinese restaurants off property that serve a lot more food than Nine Dragons (and being cheaper too), eating anywhere in Epcot always just feels better to us....must be the magic ;)

Great pics!!! That food is making me hungry...o look it's dinner time!!:rotfl:;)

Thanx :goodvibes

Great update!

By the way I love all the shirts you got and the one for your DF is just so nice!

And to post pics from past trips is really great - lets us get to know you even better!
Keep the photos and plans coming!!

Thank you. I will get back to some planning soon, have been writing down bits and pieces that I want to ask you guys :goodvibes

Looks like you two had a great time in 2007! It's so much fun to re-live past trips, isn't it? Especially when you've got a nice little ticker looking toward the next one...

We really did, it was just so magical and we noticed that we got to sit at the front of most rides as well which was pretty cool.

I love re-living past trips too :)

I notice that you are getting married soon, have you started/done a planning journal?

Great pictures. It's fun to go down memory lane, isn't it?

Thanx, lots more piccies to come. Am trying to pic the best ones out and ones that have stories :)

Lol, thanx :) I really like Nine Dragons and like my DF says we love Chinese food too :goodvibes I don't know why we keep going back, suppose its just nice to sit down somewhere to eat and the decor of the restaurant is pretty nice.

We both love chinese food and whilst we know there are better Chinese restaurants off property that serve a lot more food than Nine Dragons (and being cheaper too), eating anywhere in Epcot always just feels better to us....must be the magic ;)

I think its the Magic, that and soaking in the surroundings of Epcot :)

Hi All

How are we doing today?

Another off topic post, but still Disney related.

For DF's birthday last year, I got him quite a few presents (some Disney related) and was quite glad of what I had gotten for him. One of the presents I was especially looking forward to giving him was of a snowglobe I purchased from the Disney Store :cutie:

So last night I was thinking to myself, what did he do with it, as its not out on display. I then got to thinking, did I actually give it to him. So this morning I said "where's you Stitch globe?", to which he replied "What Stitch globe?". Well that answered my question, silly me had put the box in the corner of the room and somehow it ended up being buried under stuff (space is a real issue at home at the mo) and forgotten about :headache: So I dug it out and gave it to him "Happy Belated Birthday darling". His reaction was spot on and he loved it. Have posted some pics below for you, what do you think?

002.jpg

003.jpg

Is pretty awesome right? He lights up and that green is more of a alien green, but came out lighter in the picture.

I want to go on collecting more, but shouldn't really as there is no space. But we can start once we get our own place. I feel like its going to turn into a Disney house as we want to get some pieces of Disney art, then we have other Disney ornaments. Not to mention a flyer for this came in the post and I soooooooooooooooooo have to have it!!! :cloud9:

DisneyClock.jpg

We really did, it was just so magical and we noticed that we got to sit at the front of most rides as well which was pretty cool.

I love re-living past trips too :)

I notice that you are getting married soon, have you started/done a planning journal?

I haven't done a planning journal. Though my newly started pre-trip report is probably going to end up with some wedding updates as we get closer to the wedding. It's sort of related to our trip, as it is a honeymoon!

I see you're engaged, too! Congrats! When are you getting married?

I haven't done a planning journal. Though my newly started pre-trip report is probably going to end up with some wedding updates as we get closer to the wedding. It's sort of related to our trip, as it is a honeymoon!

I see you're engaged, too! Congrats! When are you getting married?

Thank you :goodvibes I should have said congrats to you first though, sorry.

Congrats!!! :hug:

We are hoping to get married next year (funds dependant). Its been a bit of an all over the place planning what with us (or rather me) constantly changing where we get married. First it was South Africa, then Disney, then Italy and now its the Isle of Wight. Which is a small island off of the UK. We stayed at this Manor early last year and fell in love with the place. Very enchanting with a fairy/secret garden theme. It seems to be the sticker for now and I have already whipped out a few ideas for theming etc. I left it on a backburner for now as theres only so much you can do.

Off to go check it out your PTR now :)

Hi Guys

How are we all this evening? :goodvibes

Just missed a call and no message was left. Was a US number, so I rang it back and it was the main line for the Polynesian. Is really frustrating me now as I have no idea why the Poly is calling me and even more so why they did not leave a voicemail message!

Anywho, enough of that as it will just bug me if I keep thinking about it now.

So we left off from our reminiscing over our first trip to the World. From the looks of it, it looks like we spent the next morning at DTD. I think we grabbed a quick breakfast at McDonalds and then proceeded to explore and shop (two of my fav things to do) :goodvibes

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

I discovered a new obsession, which I now have to do every time we go to WDW

IMG_0588.jpg

After that it looks like we went back to MK and did a few more rides and exploring.

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

My fav ride
IMG_0650.jpg

My fav shop
IMG_0651.jpg

We had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern which was nice.

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

I love this pic, am like such a girly girl child in it with my light up toys.
IMG_0670.jpg

Not sure what we did the next day, but the pictures go straight into dinner. I think we must have had our shopping day at Orlando Premium Outlets, where DF came away with a pretty good haul (which is shocking as it is usually me that goes crazy shopping mad!)

So this was our first experience of the Poly and we remember walking in seeing the indoor waterfall and just going "WOW! (Love at first sight :lovestruc ). We had an ADR at Kona and had a wonderful server (think we may have got her again for the second trip a year later).

Hmmmmm sticky wings
IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

The famous Lapu Lapu
IMG_0682.jpg

Glowtini
IMG_0676.jpg

We were so stuffed from the apps and main that when it came to dessert we asked the server for something small and she came back with two of these
IMG_0685.jpg

It was a great dinner at Kona which we thoroughly enjoyed and DF raved about for the rest of the trip

IMG_0689.jpg

Thats it for now, off to go have a nice relaxing soak in the tub.

TTFN :tigger:

The characters at the Liberty Tree Tavern:woohoo: I was sad when they got rid of them. Though they came back for a brief stay this past month while the Crystal Palace was being reburbished. We actually ate lunch there with the characters on our trip.
Oh and the server thought that Cotton Candy creation was small:eek: I don't think she was thinking clearly:confused3

So glad you told me about your PTR - I'm loving it! :thumbsup2 Your plans look great so far, and I love the recaps of your past trips.

Re: dining at Kona on the night of your arrival, if you think you'll get on the Magical Express at about 5, I'd make the ADR for around 7. If you're late, you can always check in later and I'm sure they would accomodate you. If they seem particularly busy or not apt to want to take you, explain that you've just checked in to the Poly after flying in, and I'm sure they'll take you. ;) I'd also make the ADR for earlier rather than later so that you'll be sure to be done in time to see Wishes if you do arrive early.

Another option, if you miss your ADR and they somehow can't take you or you just don't feel like going, is Poly room service. It saved our lives on our first day when we couldn't get in to eat anywhere and were exhausted! :laughing:

So glad you told me about your PTR - I'm loving it! :thumbsup2 Your plans look great so far, and I love the recaps of your past trips.

Re: dining at Kona on the night of your arrival, if you think you'll get on the Magical Express at about 5, I'd make the ADR for around 7. If you're late, you can always check in later and I'm sure they would accomodate you. If they seem particularly busy or not apt to want to take you, explain that you've just checked in to the Poly after flying in, and I'm sure they'll take you. ;) I'd also make the ADR for earlier rather than later so that you'll be sure to be done in time to see Wishes if you do arrive early.

Another option, if you miss your ADR and they somehow can't take you or you just don't feel like going, is Poly room service. It saved our lives on our first day when we couldn't get in to eat anywhere and were exhausted! :laughing:

LOVE your username!! "No privacy at all around here!" Love Uncle Orville!

Stefy, SOOO funny about the snowglobe! I can't beileve you forgot to give it to him! It's nice to get a random present, though! I love it! You know how I got really big into the snowglobes for my wedding centerpieces. :thumbsup2

Are you sure you're allowed to have that Lapu Lapu? ;) Just kidding, but you must get carded all the time!!!

Stefy, SOOO funny about the snowglobe! I can't beileve you forgot to give it to him! It's nice to get a random present, though! I love it! You know how I got really big into the snowglobes for my wedding centerpieces. :thumbsup2

Are you sure you're allowed to have that Lapu Lapu? ;) Just kidding, but you must get carded all the time!!!

Yeah it was very cool to get a present even if it was almost 3 months late :rotfl:

The funny thing is that we never got carded once during that 2007 trip and only got carded once in 2008 and that was at the pool bar at CSR and though I had a valid UK ID card, he still wouldnt serve me and I couldnt be bothered to go back to the room to get my passport.

I'm still really curious as to why the Polynesian called Stefy last night. Disney customer services I can understand but not sure about the hotel directly. Well im hoping they call back because it is bugging me still :)

The characters at the Liberty Tree Tavern:woohoo: I was sad when they got rid of them. Though they came back for a brief stay this past month while the Crystal Palace was being reburbished. We actually ate lunch there with the characters on our trip.
Oh and the server thought that Cotton Candy creation was small:eek: I don't think she was thinking clearly:confused3

It was fun, got some cute Chip n Dale pics, but they came out a bit dark. I think Goofy was the man of the night, when he first came round to our section, he tripped on the steps :eek: and then just after he had made the rounds to us, he had to dash off to be in the parade.

That Kona Kone may have looked small, but man was it filling, I couldn't even finish it. I think DF did though.

Thanx for coming over :hug:

I totally forgot about Room Service, but that takes 2TS's each right?

I would prefer to eat before Wishes, as it would be a nice end to winding down after a 9hr flight.

We'll see how it goes, if Wishes starts at 9pm then we may just be able to squeeze it in, that is if we check in around 7pm-ish.

LOVE your username!! "No privacy at all around here!" Love Uncle Orville!

Its cool isn't it, you should check out the girls TR, it looks like they have such a blast everytime they go :goodvibes

Yes, I told DF about those and how cool they were :goodvibes

Lol, it is a bummer looking younger than you are, but I am told it will work for me when I am older. Like DF says, we didn't get carded once in 2007. I don't get it so much over here, maybe now and again. But I don't mind too much as I've got nothing to hide :goodvibes

Yeah it was very cool to get a present even if it was almost 3 months late :rotfl:

The funny thing is that we never got carded once during that 2007 trip and only got carded once in 2008 and that was at the pool bar at CSR and though I had a valid UK ID card, he still wouldnt serve me and I couldnt be bothered to go back to the room to get my passport.

I'm still really curious as to why the Polynesian called Stefy last night. Disney customer services I can understand but not sure about the hotel directly. Well im hoping they call back because it is bugging me still :)

I am sure it is because I rang through before to speak to someone about photosessions, if you tried the same you would get a mish mash of different options. I remember there was an option for the GF and PR in one so...

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I think that's so funny that you forgot about the globe. I do that all the time. Thought it was just me. ;)

I wonder why the Poly didn't leave a voice mail? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter