Dog is afraid of our new house - what the heck???

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by chiefmickeymouse, Sep 24, 2012.

1. chiefmickeymouse

chiefmickeymouse Sarcastic, silly and socially awkward

I got busy and haven't been on here in a while...but I loved this comment. I told my husband last night that if blood starts dripping down the walls we are soooo out of here!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chiefmickeymouse

So, an update. It's day 4 in the house and she seems to have chilled out a little bit. There are still times when she won't come down the hallway, but she's doing better. The stairs don't seem to be the issue, because she prefers it up there. I think I need a dog therapist.

4. chiefmickeymouse

Wow! Are you a dog trainer? I wouldn't have thought about circling her around. We had a huge thunderstorm today, and that seems to have set her back a little. I think we will be okay, though, since she seems to improve a little every day. I was seriously getting freaked out. I don't know if I believe in the possibility of the paranormal explanation, but I don't definitively NOT believe it either!

5. ladypage

ladypage <font color=royalblue>And that's how the story abo

It's haunted, get out while you can!

[​IMG]

6. Princess_Meghan <3

Princess_Meghan <3 DIS Veteran

It's good to hear she's doing better. My dad's jack russel did that when they moved into their house. He's gotten better, but he still gets scared often, barks at nothing, and refuses to leave 'his room' at certain times. When we lived there as kids, several things happened that led us to believe it was haunted. We just figure that the dog knows something is there, and doesn't like it.

Hopefully your girl continues to adjust well!

7. snarlingcoyote

snarlingcoyote <font color=blue>I know people who live in really

One of our cats went into the hooded litter box when we moved into our new home and wouldn't come out for a few days. The other cats were totally o_O at this behavior "what ARE you doing? Are you nuts? That's our LITTER BOX!" Then she hid out under the bed for a while.

She hadn't done this sort of thing when we'd moved into our last house, and our last house WAS haunted - she'd been spectacularly unaffected by it, although the other 2 cats had gotten freaked out a few times by things unseen.

She just wasn't comfortable with a new change. We coddled her and let her get comfortable and accepted it was going to take time for her to be okay with the move and eventually she was okay.

I'd just give your baby time to adjust - moves are an even bigger change to pets than they are to us, I think.

8. The Mystery Machine

The Mystery Machine Sunrise at my house. :+)

No we just have a dog that is scared of everything. He is a constant training challenge.:badpc:

The leash and the walking really helps a dog "break through" their fears.

You can pop on the leash at any time in the house, outside the house, in the backyard, etc. It is your best training tool.

9. Pea-n-Me

Pea-n-Me DIS Veteran

Keep us updated on the little guy! :goodvibes