Does your guide call you before you leave for Disney?

Granny,

The one call we received was a "I knew you were there and just wanted to say Welcome Home". We probably would have done our first add on without the call but it prompted us to do it while at HH.

I liked the idea that she called. At the time, she told me that the guides get a list of their members when they are vacationing. On our second trip, I was just a wee bit disappointed because we didn't get a call. In no way do I want to sound like I expect one but it is a nice touch. :)

We also never hear from our guide. It's too bad because it would certainly edge us on to "add-on" and feel special and remembered by her. At least it would be nice for them to acknowledge you when you are in a resort. Too bad it isn't common practice.

Our guide has left a message in our room every time we have gone. He tries to set somethig up for us to come over and say hi to him while we are there. Its always a nice surprise to here from him when we get there. Thanks

SJUguy

Like some of the others, we have never heard from our guide since we purchased in 2000. Oh well! It is not a big deal to me, but I am one who really appreciates good customer service.

I think your experience is fairly unusual based on my experience, but it is a good idea for a guide who wants to sell more points.

The first Christmas after we became members, our guide Patrick sent us a Christmas card, but he left soon after for bigger and better opportunities at Celebration. Our only contact since has been to alert us to points being available at OKW and that was GREAT because we bought a few more and she handled the sale perfectly. :)

Soon after that our guide was changed again. I stopped in the DVC office at BW on one trip to say "Hello" and get a tour of the WLV mock-ups there. She was unavailable so I left her a voice mail. I did get my tour from another guide, but not a response to my voice mail. That was my last contact with my guide. It is just as well since I don't need the temptation to buy more points. ;)

Have never even heard anything from our guide. But we live in Nevada, so not sure if they can contact us here.

anniet and cgcw....thanks for the responses as to what the subject matter of the calls was. Sounds like they were pretty much just keeping tabs on people...and it's interesting that some felt that personal touch helped them make their add-on decision (or at least the timing).

anniet....Hassan was my guide as well (I'd forgotten his name :rolleyes: ) and he was very nice.

Originally posted by Granny
anniet....Hassan was my guide as well (I'd forgotten his name :rolleyes: ) and he was very nice.

Granny-

He told DBF he could tell that I am a very sweet person!

He sold me RIGHT THERE!

jumpinggreens.gif

Here's an interesting thing:

Our guide, James Moore, has been calling us yearly since 1999, just to say hi and see if we were still interested. It was only this year (2/7/03) that we could actually buy into DVC. When we finally bit the bullet and called him, he remembered everyone's name.

Good salesperson? Yeah. And I appreciate it.

Cindyellen
Tigger Mama

We received a call from our "new guide" Debra Robinson on the day before we were scheduled to leave. We had left home early and did not speak to her. We got another call at OKW in the middle of the week on the voicemail and learned that she was replacing our original guide Bettie Pleasant. We tried returning Debra call and got her voicemail. And so it goes. Bettie Pleasant had been with DVC for years - anyone know why she left? Our new guide Debra ony said that Bettie had moved on to "the mountains of North Carolina." I am at least glad we reveived a guide who is interested in what she is doing.

We never hear from our guide either. I couldn't even remember his name (still can't-- though it's foreign) when we did an add on, and they looked up our records and patched us through to him. I really think it's great that some of your guides take such a personal interest in you. Whenever I have asked about DVC "goodies" I have been told to ask my guide. Yeah. What guide?? :rolleyes:

We have never heard from our guide either. Even after he received more contacts and contracts from our original sale. We sent a letter regarding some concerns that happened last year and never heard back from him. We weren't expecting anything from him but some feedback....guess he was too busy. Well now I guess that for our addon we will be too busy to call him back as well. That is ok. We will just get another guide!:bounce: :bounce:

We usually get a call from our guide sometime during the trip. She just leaves a message welcoming us home and inviting us to call her if we have any questions. The call she made to our room this past May actually helped push my sister and her husband into buying while we were there. They bought 200 points and I couldn't help my self and bought a 100 point add-on. None of that would probably have happened if she hadn't called.

We have been DVC owners for a few years now and we have never received a call from our guide before a trip.:rolleyes: Not only did we buy one contract from him - but added another 150 points through him also.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter