Does WDW ever combine 30% off w/ free dining?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by baggirl, Jul 16, 2013.

1. baggirl

baggirl Mouseketeer

Just wondering for a future trip if anyone has ever booked a deluxe resort at 30% off and also been able to get free dining if offered? And did you need a pin to do it?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Historically, you've not been able stack discounts. You've always had to choose between free dining and % off the room.

4. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

No.

So don't ever count on this. So only book the room you can afford

5. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

No, they will not let you combine discounts, unfortunately! That would be awesome if you could!!! If you are going during a time when they offer free dining or % off then you don't need a pin.

6. Schmeck

Schmeck <font color=blue>Funny thing is now my 17 year old

When you book under free dining, it states that you must pay rack rate and get a certain amount of days on a MYW ticket. That would nullify the 30% discount on a room, and they don't do the AP room discount for free dining either.

7. cvjw

cvjw DIS Veteran

They did - about 5 years ago. We booked a last minute stay at the Wilderness Lodge with free dining and about 25% off of the room price. We were there the 1st week of October for 5 nights. We couldn't stay any longer because my oldest DS couldn't miss any more of 7th grade.

It was the one and only time that I have heard of Disney doing this.

8. jcjen519

jcjen519 DIS Veteran

nice! we have never booked that kind of a deal, would love to see that again!

9. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

2008? About the time the U.S. economy tanked? They probably did offer some deep discount deals then. I love a good WDW discount, but let's hope it's not under those circumstances again. :earsboy:

10. Big O

Big O Earning My Ears

I remember back in 2011 when I booked the Poly for the first time. I called central reservations and the lovely woman on the phone offered me free dining with our 3 night stay (in was mid to late August). I turned her offer down....DUH! But I wasn't sure if that was additionally ontop of the 30% discount on the Poly or like OP said, paying the rack rate for the room.

11. Sandy1892

Sandy1892 Earning My Ears

I don't know if this a UK discount but DS and I are staying SSR late Septmber we have a 30% room discount and includes DDP. We did book almost a year ago.

12. DizneyNutz

DizneyNutz DIS Veteran

Typically when all other resorts onsite are filled to capacity, you can still find availability at SSR. That may help explain your discount at SSR?

13. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

Was that ddp offered for free or was it part of the package price?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

14. Tiggr924

Tiggr924 Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!

We did once a few years ago for a moderate. We got a percentage off the room and free dining, but you had to book a certain number of nights. I think it was at least 6 or 7 nights.

15. pamelasu1

pamelasu1 Mouseketeer

I got this deal, too. I originally had Pop booked with a PIN (can't remember percentage off), then free dining came out and I was able to call back and add the free dining to my already discounted reservation. Those days are long gone, sadly! :sad: Ever since then, it's been one or the other...either a room discount or pay rack rate and get free dining.

16. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

Agree..It was the ONE and ONLY time we had both a discount and free dining

17. going/again

going/again DIS Veteran

They do in the UK you also get $200 spending money as well