Does this seem like TOO MANY planned meals???

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by lindsroc, Nov 20, 2010.

1. lindsroc

lindsroc DIS Veteran

We're NOT on the DDP. Im not sure if we can even add it to our rez, because the room is booked using an industry rate. Does anyone know? Anyways... we have never planned our meals as extensively as we have this time. I wanted to make sure we would be able to get into the places we really want to eat at, at the same time- I dont know if its TOO much planning? Any thoughts? Heres our plan, we're staying at Poly- 2 adults and 2 kids.

Day 1- Kona for dinner
    Day 2- Animal Kingdom, Tusker House breakfast at 8am
    Yak & Yeti early dinner 4:15pm
    Day 3- MK in morning, Main st Bakery
    DHS in afternoon, Mama Melrose Fantasmic at 3:55pm
    Day 4- Kona Cafe at 8:35am
    Epcot, Via Napoli lunch (no rez)
    Teppan Edo 6:50pm
    Day 5- Chef Mickeys 8:35am
    MK
    Kona Cafe dinner 5:45pm
    Day 6- Kona Cafe at 8:20am
    Epcot
    Big River Grill @ Boardwalk (no rez)
    Day 7- MK, Main St Bakery
    Cali Grill at 7:45pm
    Day 8- Kona Cafe 8am (last day)

As you can tell we love Kona cafe. lol. But thinking we might need to branch out 1 or 2 times from what we have scheduled.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MotherofLandon

MotherofLandon Mouseketeer

I don't think it is to many planned meals. Even without the dining plan I don't think this will break the food budget, I mean you gotta eat right? You could always call your TA and see if the DP can be added. We have been able to change our dining plan options in the past.

Sounds yummy!! Have a great time :thumbsup2

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

You're right about DDP - you can't get it unless you book a package reservation (DVC is the only known exception - even annual passholders have to book a package, albeit a ticketless package) and an industry rate is probably not applicable to a package.

5. arcticdisneylovers

arcticdisneylovers DIS Veteran

I think it looks great, but maybe consider switching at least one Kona Cafe breakfast for somewhere else ;)

6. lindsroc

lindsroc DIS Veteran

LOL. I know, but where??? Any suggestions? Its funny...when i showed my husband the list he said, "thats it for breakfast at Kona????"

7. MrsLS

MrsLS DIS Veteran

Maybe day 4 would be a lot but it also depends on what you get for lunch and what time you eat.

8. soarinup

soarinup I really am as mean as I look!

Well for me and my crew, yes, it would be too many. We like playing things by ear with minimal reservations tying us down. Besides, its very expensive. But I think its what you are used to. I am planning on a Cinderellas castle meal, and T-rex, for a 9 day stay, maybe one or two more planned meals.

9. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Why don't you have an ADR for Via Napoli - you need one, from all reports I've seen except for the first few weeks they were open. And I know you can make one, because I had one for our trip earlier this month (although we cancelled so I can't give any restaurant review).

10. lindsroc

lindsroc DIS Veteran

The only reason i didnt want to make one is because we have 2 planned meals that day and i didnt want to restrict us too much on time, having to worry about making lunch too.

11. loganpaulsmom

loganpaulsmom DIS Veteran

Personally I think it is too many ressies.. This is just from my personal experience. The last time I was there, all three of my meals were planned and I felt like I was running from ressies to ressie.. This time I decided that I was only going to plan 1 meal a day, that way I could do what I wanted for the rest of the time.. So, the meals that I planned were all sit down and the other meals we will just grab and go..

12. NMW

NMW DIS Veteran

It wouldn't be too many for our family. We do more TS meals on our trips than you've got booked. We like to sit down and eat and realx though. It's part of what makes a vacation fun for us.

13. ireland_nicole

ireland_nicole <font color=green>No brainer- the fairy wins it<br

looks good to me; We usually book at least one TS per day, sometimes 2, and at least 2 for an Epcot day. We also have 2 kids; I think the time spent at meals is "down time" for us to enjoy the air conditioning and the seat LOL.

14. aml3679

aml3679 Kita's Mom

In my opinion, I do not think it is too many reservations - but, I like planning. There are only 2 of us and we are going for 11 days on the deluxe dining plan and I plan on making reservations for at least 2 meals a day for every day of our trip. If you don't make reservations and want to eat somewhere - you will be disappointed if it is sold out.

15. lindsroc

lindsroc DIS Veteran

Thats kind of my thinking.. a little down time. And not having to figure out where to go and what the kids will eat etc. I just dont know how much $$$ I should be budgeting for food.

16. bunkkinsmom

bunkkinsmom <font color=magenta>No 9, so it's all good<br><fon

Nope, not too many meals!

If you are looking for something different to switch a Kona breakfast to, try Olivia's at OKW. DELICIOUS!!!!! You can take a boat from DTD to OKW or you can transfer over from a park and take the boat after to do some shopping. Also, next to Olivia's, the best breakfast I've ever had on property was at Akershus Dining Hall in Norway. O......M........G!!!

have a great trip!

17. lindsroc

lindsroc DIS Veteran

Ooooooh I will have to look into those. Thanks!

18. Dolce27

Dolce27 <font color=teal>It's kind of hard to ride with so

Day 4 was the only thing that stuck out to me. For me personally I wouldn't be able to do a TS for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It just sounds like a lot of food to me. I'd just do a snack for lunch with having a big breakfast and dinner. But that's just my personal opinion. I think everything else sounds great. I can't wait for Kona for my next trip - I'm one in favor of the Tonga Toast. yum.

19. Willow1213

Willow1213 DIS Veteran

The only part that struck me as odd was eating at Kona Cafe two meals in a row with dinner on Day 5 and Bfast on Day 6. I personally wouldn't want to do that. Other than that it looks fine to me. We love to do 1-2 TS meals a day, especially at Epcot.

20. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc Mouseketeer

I love having things planned. I think it all comes down to the family planner :)

I think as we all become experienced Disney Go'ers, you learn what works and what doesn't work for you and your group. I myself made ALL dinner ressies 180 out. I've had some tough times on my first 2 trips trying to get into places. This way I know we will be eating where we want. Plus we have parks and events planned out for the week.

Lunches I only book the 2 must eat at places. Otherwise we'll find something nearby in the park we are in.

Breakfast, we usually hit one of the places at GF. Never had a problem getting in anywhere for breakfast.

All about planning :)

21. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

You could try the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast one morning. You are on the monorail so it's an easy commute. Food is good and it is a pretty restaurant. We do love Kona for dinner and breakfast but if you want to mix it up a little try GFC.