Does this mean we aren’t going to the mountains? ** 3/6 Link to new PTR**

Looks like you had a nice visit with Kathy. What a smile on Josh's face when he was talking to Bill. The kids and I are looking forward to your next installment.

Hi I followed your link over here from KathyRN's threads. Wow what a great surprise for the kids. Your son sounds a bit like my DH :rolleyes1 He has great traits but boy he can be stubborn. Looks like a good trip so far I can't wait to read more.

Welcome! Thanks for reading!

Kathy looks great!

I'm glad you got to share a meal with them.

Josh, just being Josh. I'm thinking you're batting 2 for 2 not letting him get to you and I must say vice versa.

Great pix of Wishes. Thanks for taking them as I really haven't seen them from that close. I saw them in 08 but from the entrance of Main St.

I just noticed that there aren't that many pix of you yet. Does that change?

Kathy looked wonderful! I loved getting to spend time with her and her family. Jordan, we love to watch Wishes from the hub, those fireworks and the music always make me tear up. There are a couple photopass pics of me later on.

This post may be a bit random, my quotes got mixed up so I put my responses in color, but I'm enjoying reading your TR! Sounds like you all had such fun and they seem to be getting the magic!
Josh really likes being helpful with Bill, he is very protective of him.
That's so nice how Josh really cares for Bill!

That is awesome! That must feel great that you two shared your love of Disney and they got it and share it!

Josh really does love Bill, I think he just doesn't want to upset his Dad by caring about him, if that makes any sense. We loved sharing Disney with them.

Hmm, more quotes but anyway, sounds like you had a lot of fun with Kathy and family, and that the two family's really got along and enjoyed the night together! How great that you got to spend a good chunk of time doing some really special things with dis friends!
Love the wishes pics and the pic of the kids with the Goofy statue!

Thanks for the updates, so fun to read. You are doing a great job! It's like I'm right there in disney and it's helping me get more excited for our trip coming Jan 2nd!(I'm anxious in these days leading up as time is going so fast, I'm not ready to go and we've got the holidays, and stuff and ahhhh!)

I really enjoy spending time in Disney with people that truly love it. To us Disney isn't running from one attraction to the next, it is experiencing the beauty and magic with others.

Glad you had a good meet with Kathy et al!

I thought it was a great meet, if Kathy comes back we will see what she thinks :rotfl:.

What a great trip report so far! I am usually just a lurker, but I had to point out that although Josh doesn't smile when you point a camera right at him, I'm lovin' his smile in the shot where he's talking to Bill! Thank you for sharing your trip with us!!

Thanks for reading!! I love that smile where he is talking to Bill. He doesn't like his smile so you can't ever get him to give a full smile if a camera is pointed at him.

So glad you got to have dinner with Kathy and that everything went smoothly.

Good for you for not letting Josh get to you. I need to learn how to do that with my brothers. :laughing:

Hi Lessa, Josh got to me but I wouldn't let him see that :rotfl2:. I am learning to not let him trigger me, but later in the trip I forgot my lessons :sad2:.

You are doing a really impressive job of not letting Josh get to you so far. I'd have such a hard time with the smoking breaks!

Adorable pictures of everyone and what a lovely evening you had with Kathy and family!

I did have a hard time with the smoking breaks, you will read about it in a later installment :eek:. I just really enjoy Kathy's family, they are such great people.

Looks like you had a nice visit with Kathy. What a smile on Josh's face when he was talking to Bill. The kids and I are looking forward to your next installment.

Thank you so much for reading, we had a great time with Kathy and family.

:yay: That you got to meet Kathy again!

:sad2:to Bill for liking the Dodgers and Ed liking the Yankees. :sad2::sad1:

What a lovely evening, how wonderful you got to meet up with Kathy and your meal looks great :thumbsup2

Kathy looks great!

I agree....can't wait to see your picture w/ the giant pineapple on Kathy's report if you let her post it....:thumbsup2

I can't wait to meet that wonderful lady too :goodvibes Once again it is great to hear how nice your dinner was w/ Kathy, Ed and family and that you had a fun and beautiful night in MK.

Not take pictures of the castle....I think that's humanly impossible :rotfl:

Scrappie

I am caught back up... Can't wait to see more pics...

The interaction Bill had with the kids is priceless... Made me cry, too sweet...

:yay: That you got to meet Kathy again!

:sad2:to Bill for liking the Dodgers and Ed liking the Yankees. :sad2::sad1:

Meeting Kathy again was a highlight of our trip You crack me up about the baseball teams :rotfl:.

What a lovely evening, how wonderful you got to meet up with Kathy and your meal looks great :thumbsup2

Hi Jo, we had a great meal with great people.

I agree....can't wait to see your picture w/ the giant pineapple on Kathy's report if you let her post it....:thumbsup2

I can't wait to meet that wonderful lady too :goodvibes Once again it is great to hear how nice your dinner was w/ Kathy, Ed and family and that you had a fun and beautiful night in MK.

Not take pictures of the castle....I think that's humanly impossible :rotfl:

Scrappie

Oh I am sure Kathy will post it, no matter how bad it is :rotfl2:. I loved how picture crazy Josh went and I was truly trying to just watch the fireworks, it didn't work though :rotfl:.

:woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

Thank you!

I am caught back up... Can't wait to see more pics...

The interaction Bill had with the kids is priceless... Made me cry, too sweet...

Hello!! It was wonderful to see the interactions between them.

What a great night with Kathy and her family. I could tell how much fun you had with them through your writing, it really shone through! And it looks like birthday wishes are in order...

Happy Birthday!! :cheer2: :cake: party: :bday:

Great update! That's so cool about the friendship you and Kathy have developed, and I'm glad you got to spend time together on your vacation!

I'm always the last one at the party but I'm caught up now. Josh reminds me so much of my son, I feel like I'm on this trip with you.

What a great night with Kathy and her family. I could tell how much fun you had with them through your writing, it really shone through! And it looks like birthday wishes are in order...

Happy Birthday!! :cheer2: :cake: party: :bday:

Wishing you a VERY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

:mickeyjum: :donald: :goofy: :bday: :cake: :bday: :mickeyjum: :donald: :goofy:

Thanks to both of you!!

Great update! That's so cool about the friendship you and Kathy have developed, and I'm glad you got to spend time together on your vacation!

We were blessed to spend time with Kathy and her family, they are amazing people.

I'm always the last one at the party but I'm caught up now. Josh reminds me so much of my son, I feel like I'm on this trip with you.

So you feel my pain?

As some of you know my 40th birthday was this week. Bill got me some lovely flowers, but someone had to see them first:

486.jpg

Here is one side:

488.jpg

Here is the other:

489.jpg

The flowers are gorgeous and I love the ribbon that is used; very colorful and different.

Yes, I feel your pain regarding our sons, more than you know.

I can’t believe it, but we were at the bus stop by 8:45am. It was a miracle I tell you.

Christian was ready to go:

Tracysdisneypix1279.jpg

Hannah loved her dress but she was a little cold:

Tracysdisneypix1280.jpg

We got into the park and everyone stopped to watch the water:

abbeysdisneypictures1409.jpg

Then I steered us to:

abbeysdisneypictures1437.jpg

It was a walk on. I got in the front, Josh picked up Bill, we got him situated and Christian got in the drivers seat. Abbey was behind me, Hannah was in the middle and Josh behind Christian. This ride was a HUGE hit, they loved it Hannah was never scared and both kids had a huge smile on their faces. We came to the unloading zone and they asked if we wanted to go again, we all said YES!! and off we went.

I knew they would like the showroom, they took a lot of pictures:

abbeysdisneypictures1418.jpg

abbeysdisneypictures1434.jpg

HAHA, here is my head:

abbeysdisneypictures1438.jpg

Josh picked the next ride, Universe of Energy:

Tracysdisneypix1287.jpg

Hannah was a little worried about being in the dark but we all kept talking to her and she was ok. Christian loved it, we knew he would. Abbey and Josh both enjoyed it, then it was time to go get some Soarin fastpasses.

We got to the Land Pavilion, while Josh and Abbey went to smoke, Bill, the kids, and I went to get the fastpasses. I showed Christian how to do it and met back up for lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

Bill got his Pork Chop and Key Lime Pie. I got Sweet and Sour Chicken and a Butterfinger Cheesecake:

Tracysdisneypix1294.jpg

Josh’s sandwich, his Butterfinger Cheesecake and some chocolate thing for Abbey:

Tracysdisneypix1292.jpg

Christian’s chicken:

Tracysdisneypix1295.jpg

Abbey and Hannah’s:

Tracysdisneypix1296.jpg

Josh inspected his sandwich, didn’t like the sauce on it and wasn’t going to eat anything. I hadn’t started on my plate so we traded. We had to keep the biggest baby in the group fed. You know after a smoker eats they have to smoke so we just hung out at the table, Bill was still eating his Key Lime Pie. The kids did this:

Tracysdisneypix1297.jpg

They were actually nice to each other. When Abbey and Josh came back it wasn’t anywhere near time for the Soarin fastpass so I suggested Living with the Land. Josh told me later that when the ride first started he thought he would hate it but when we got to the greenhouses he really enjoyed it. Here are some of his pictures:

abbeysdisneypictures1466.jpg

abbeysdisneypictures1479.jpg

abbeysdisneypictures1490.jpg

Again Hannah was apprehensive about the dark at first but then really enjoyed it. After that Josh wanted to go to Innoventions. I asked him “why don’t we go to Imagination with Figment there is never a line”, but no he wanted to go NOW, so we said ok. Bill and I went to see Figment, walked right on and we didn’t get trapped on it this time. Then we went to Innoventions West. The kids really liked it there and had fun. Outside was Chip and Dale so we took the kids and got in line while the smokers went to their spot.

Hannah waiting patiently in line waiting to see Chip and Dale:

Tracysdisneypix1325.jpg

We got to the front of the line and they had to go take a break, I was beginning to think this would become a theme for us this trip. They came back and well I will let the pictures do the talking:

Tracysdisneypix1340.jpg

Tracysdisneypix1345.jpg

Tracysdisneypix1348.jpg

Tracysdisneypix1353.jpg

Then Chip and Dale saw Bill:

Tracysdisneypix1355.jpg

They loved his pins and were cracking Bill up:

Tracysdisneypix1357.jpg

Then Dale found out Bill had a horn on his wheelchair:

Tracysdisneypix1360.jpg

Tracysdisneypix1362.jpg

Next installment…Character Connection, Club Cool, and Soarin

Yes, I'm sure Josh is my son for sure. The sandwich not to his liking reminds me of a meal at Wolfgang Puck's Cafe :rolleyes1

The dress looks so cute on Hannah.

Bill seems to enjoy every moment. Did Chip and Dale actually honk the horn?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter