Does the way you book make a difference?

pokanos

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm Christine and a newbie. My ? is do you think it matters if you book on-line, over the phone, or through a travel agent? Our first trip in 2010 (Nov)was wonderful. We used a travel agent and got our request of a corner room, 1st floor at POFQ. Also, received a pin code for free dining a few months later through e-mail. Our trip in March(1st week) 2012, I just booked on-line w/a gen. public FDining offer. Crowds were about the same. We chose POR and a few days before our trip, we put in a request of any mansion building and just wanted an upper floor. We had a really bad room experience. Not ready in evening, spent over an hour @ guest relations, finally ready and we got a bottom floor, back of Acadian house, view of stairwell that was still dirty w/a broken phone. It was awful and took over 2 days to get it kind of smoothed out. At least I stopped crying! Ready to give it a go again in Nov 2013 and I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed a correlation of how they booked to how they were treated. It was probably a fluke, but I really want to be sprinkled w/pixie dust again!pixiedust: Thanks!

Nope, doesn't matter in regards to any of the stuff listed.

Only difference is how booking/planning/etc work. Requests will be met if they can be regardless of booking method.

As the pp said, the way a trip is booked has nothing to do with whether or not requests are met. Just make sure your requests are noted on your reservation and also mention them again at check in if you get a less than desirable room/location :).

You also might want to try faxing in your room request 1 week before your arrival date to the resort you are staying at. This has worked for us in the past.

Thanks for the replies! I will send a fax a week ahead of time to see if we can get a 2nd floor room in either the Cabana section or Casita 4 or 5 at CSR. I'm not going to pre register this time though. I'm sure it will all go fine!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the replies! I will send a fax a week ahead of time to see if we can get a 2nd floor room in either the Cabana section or Casita 4 or 5 at CSR. I'm not going to pre register this time though. I'm sure it will all go fine!:thumbsup2

The reason a travel agent may have gotten better results than you did on your own is the fact it is their job to get those results. A good travel agent will be constantly working to find you better deals and mentioning your requests and working to try and get those fulfilled. They have more time to do these things and stay on top of them than we do since it is their job. That is the way I have always seen it at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter