Does the St John Eco Hike start at the National Park Visitors Center?

ginag2010

Earning My Ears
My daughter wants to earn the junior ranger badge and hoping this excursion will let her do that- any info you have would be great! Thanks!

It does start there- we used the restrooms there before the tour began. It was a few years back. Lovely tour. Beach stop was amazing!

Yes it does - you will also very likely have time to explore the center after your hike while you wait for the ferry back to St. Thomas (though just in case your experience was different than ours, I wouldn't plan on going after!) Absolutely loved the hike, hope you enjoy!

The ferry does drop you there and your meet your tour guide there. However, I don't remember having much time on either end to actually go to the Visitor's Center. We used the bathrooms and that was about it. We loved this excursion though.

This excursion was very good. Afterwards there was a bit of time to browse the shops for souvenirs. Some people in went to Margarita Phil's for drinks-not sure if that is still around. The beach was the best. Next trip there we plan to ferry on our own, run through the hike to have more beach time! LOL

This excursion was very good. Afterwards there was a bit of time to browse the shops for souvenirs. Some people in went to Margarita Phil's for drinks-not sure if that is still around. The beach was the best. Next trip there we plan to ferry on our own, run through the hike to have more beach time! LOL
i am paranoid about getting left behind if we get delayed-i would much rather do my own thing- how do you plan on getting to st johns on your own? and how long would you plan the return trip to take?

You can catch a ferry straight from the port at Charlotte Amalie, or a taxi to Red Hook and a ferry from there. The Red Hook ferries are more frequent. Or...you can hire a water taxi if you really want to maximize your time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter