Does the EE Day Matter?

Chumpson

Mouseketeer
We will be going in October and staying going Friday through Tuesday and can choose any day (except Thurs) to do the early entry that it is available. However, my sister and brother in law will be joining us for just the weekend, Friday through Sunday making Saturday their only choice.

So, is Saturday just as good as say, Monday or Tuesday? :confused3

We did early entry on a Saturday in June and it worked really well. We got through Fantasyland in an hour and were able to make Toontown Morning Madess with no problem. The CM's in FL were all really cranky that day though (who wants to come to work early on a Saturday!;) ).

One would think that Sat. would be the most crowded day, and so the most crowded EE, but I'm not so sure. Sat. is more crowded because there will be more 1 and 2 day visitors (who don't have EE). Also, people do have to get up much earlier on Sat. for EE since the park opens a bit later during the week during the off-season. I've been to close to a dozen EEs over the past 2 years, and the least crowded one was on a Sat, although in that particular case, I'm not sure why. Perhaps it was a fluke. Nevertheless, I wouldn't over worry about it; if you don't mind getting up really early and want to spend some fun time with you family, go on Sat.

(But if you don't want to get up by 6AM for a 7AM EE, and you want the best shot at the smallest crowds for EE, JenDisneylandlver is probably right; Monday probably has the smallest EE crowds on a whole since Sundays are often a travel day and hotels seem least likely to book up on Sun.)

I will be at DL on a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, can I use EE on both Monday and Tuesday, or is it only good for one day?

The hopper passes say you can only use the EE feature one time, but I'm not sure how they can monitor that. I'd like to know the answer to this one too.

I will be at DL on a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, can I use EE on both Monday and Tuesday, or is it only good for one day?

If you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian Hotel or Paradise Pier hotel, you may use early entry more than once by showing your room charge slip and a valid ticket when entering early entry on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.

The hopper passes say you can only use the EE feature one time, but I'm not sure how they can monitor that. I'd like to know the answer to this one too.

They stamp your tickets at the gate when you enter for EE. When you stay onsite you bring your slip from the hotel and show that for all the EE days. They have their ways of monitoring!

One would think that Sat. would be the most crowded day, and so the most crowded EE, but I'm not so sure. Sat. is more crowded because there will be more 1 and 2 day visitors (who don't have EE). Also, people do have to get up much earlier on Sat. for EE since the park opens a bit later during the week during the off-season. I've been to close to a dozen EEs over the past 2 years, and the least crowded one was on a Sat, although in that particular case, I'm not sure why. Perhaps it was a fluke. Nevertheless, I wouldn't over worry about it; if you don't mind getting up really early and want to spend some fun time with you family, go on Sat.

(But if you don't want to get up by 6AM for a 7AM EE, and you want the best shot at the smallest crowds for EE, JenDisneylandlver is probably right; Monday probably has the smallest EE crowds on a whole since Sundays are often a travel day and hotels seem least likely to book up on Sun.)

I agree with this thought that Sat. would be a good day for EE (espcially in Oct.), because:

- Since it's Oct., EE would be 8am (not 7am like the summer).
- Day Trippers (the majority of visitors on a Sat.) would not be using EE.
- Day Trippers & lots of EEers would be heading to Nemo on Sat. (leaving FL relatively empty for effecient EE touring).
- Since Sat (from noon - 7pm) will be crowded at DL. Do DL for EE (8am - 10:30am) & picking up 3-4 FPs for later. Do DCA from 10:30- 1pm & pick up FPs. Then have lunch or avoid the crowded Sat. mid day at DL by resting at your hotel. Go back to DCA (or DL) in the evening (even if it's crowded you'll have all those FPs in your pocket).
- Use the weekday (non EE day) to get there at rope drop & do Nemo then.

Have fun. :thumbsup2

hound - :hippie:

- Since it's Oct., EE would be 8am (not 7am like the summer).

Hound may know better than I, but you might want to watch for hours to be posted if the EE start time matters much to you. Sept. hours are posted and show Sat. hours as 8-11, Fri & Sun 9-10 and M-Th as 10-8, so I would guess Oct. would be similar. That means that EE could start as early as 7 on Sat. Oct. hours should be posted within the next few weeks. Regardless, I would second Hound's basic strategy for Sat -- Enjoy EE and DL until it starts getting crowded, and pick up some FPs for later in the day before hopping over to DCA and/or taking a break.

I was making an assumption (never a good idea).

Yes, check the hours when they are posted. (thanks for watching my back CalGal).

If EE starts at 7AM (or 8am) on a Sat (in Oct.), You will get ALOT accomplished the first 2 1/2 hours at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter