Does SW charge for checked bags?

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
We are looking at possibly using SWA for our March trip- I keep waiting for prices to drop a bit more:rotfl2: -and as I was on their web site I was trying to see if they charge for your checked bags. I know some airlines do, but I couldnt find anything on this. Thanks

I love SWA for that fact!

Baggage Allowance: Beginning January 29, 2008, Southwest will allow two (2) checked pieces of baggage per ticketed Customer. Size and weight limitations apply.
Excess Baggage: Effective January 29, 2008, you may check a third bag for a charge of $25. Your 4th through 9th bag or item will incur a charge of $50 per piece, and any bag or item thereafter will be $110 per piece.

We are looking at possibly using SWA for our March trip- I keep waiting for prices to drop a bit more:rotfl2: -and as I was on their web site I was trying to see if they charge for your checked bags. I know some airlines do, but I couldnt find anything on this. Thanks

Answered on southwest.com...the first two no's.

do carseats count as checked baggage?

Does an infant or child safety seat count as baggage?

Two (2) items of travel equipment for infants and small children, such as walkers, child safety seats or collapsible playpens, may be checked and transported in substitution of one piece of the free baggage allowance for each fare-paying passenger at no charge.
Does an infant stroller count as baggage?

Customers traveling with infants will be allowed to check one stroller per infant without charge (this is in addition to the regular free baggage allowance).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!