Does Southwest get cheaper as the dates get closer??

How hard is it to redeem your credit on SW if you book and then see a lower fare? It looks like we will be flying SW this year since Delta/Song is so iffy right now. I wouldn't mind booking a good rate now and having credit for later if I can get a better rate but I don;t want a ton of hassle to do it.

It's also possible that they're hoping to make some extra cash for those traveling over the summer. Flights are pretty cheap right now, but only for travel through mid-June. I'm going at the end of Sept, and I'm hoping that come July or early Aug, there will be a fall sale.

Tinkerbelle32 said:
2kidsnutsfordisney- What is Midwest Express? I'm also looking for air out of Kansas City. Any help would be appreciated. tink

Once you fly ME you will be spoiled!! They are a smaller airline (smaller than say American or Delta) and fly alot to the east coast. It is leather seating throughout the entire plane with two across seating. The kicker is that they bake and serve hot chocolate chip cookies on every flight (YUM, YUM). They also tend to fly into the non-major airports (sometimes) for example we flew them from KC to DC but instead on landing at Dulles we ended up at National. But for Orlando it is direct from KC to Orlando + the chocolate chip cookies all for $178 :cool1: Here is there link www.midwestairlines.com I guess their name is now midwest airlines it used to be midwest express :confused3 Hope this information helps!! Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

2kidsnutsfordisney said:
I tried the waiting game with SW and finally realized that the stress of waiting and the time I was wasting checking fares all the time it was worth booking on another airline just to save the hassle of waiting on SW. We ended up booking Midwest Express for $178 per person round trip from Kansas City to Orlando (non-stop) with a confirmed seat assignment. At present those same exact fares on SW are nearly double and many of the fares are not even available. For us, even though we "might" be able to get a cheap fare on SW it would require waiting until the last minute and then you have that whole "cattle herding" issue just to get a seat. Good luck with getting cheap airfare :thumbsup2

ACK! I just priced our December trip from Indy to MCo Dec 1 - Dec 11, and its $434.50 PER PERSON! ACK!!!!

Northwest is pricing at $204 per person, and I was thinking THEY were kinda high :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter