Does Royal do onboard booking deals?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
With all the talk about DCL's change in policy and with me being about 95% sure my birthday celebration will be either an Italian cruise or a Greek Isles cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas in 2016, I'm curious about their rebooking while onboard situation. If the deal is good enough for waiting, I may just budget deposit money to pay when I'm on the Radiance in Alaska this summer...

Yes, they do have a program for OBB that is similar to what DCL is just now instituting. You can book a specific cruise or just book a non-specific future cruise.

Yes, they do have a program for OBB that is similar to what DCL is just now instituting. You can book a specific cruise or just book a non-specific future cruise.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

. . . I'm curious about their rebooking while onboard situation. If the deal is good enough for waiting, I may just budget deposit money to pay when I'm on the Radiance in Alaska this summer...
Like DCL, RCI's cruise fares increase as the ships fill up. So you might consider how much you might save if you waited until the summer to book onboard vs. how much you think the cruise fare might go up if you waited until the summer to book.

Woody

Like DCL, RCI's cruise fares increase as the ships fill up. So you might consider how much you might save if you waited until the summer to book onboard vs. how much you think the cruise fare might go up if you waited until the summer to book.

Woody

I typically keep an eye on things. I know I can't do anything until mid-May, so...

Do they reshop cruises like DCL will?

what is the offer for booking while on board? we just booked our first rccl cruise. the first sailing of the oasis out of p.c. and if it goes well we will for sure be rebooking and giving dcl a sad wave goodbye.

When we were on Vision we booked for next year March (back to Freedom!) and the biggest thing I remember was that it was $100 per person deposit instead of their usual bigger deposit. There was also an OBC for the next cruise.

However, that last bit has changed. Or CAN change, if you wish. I believe the new option is to make the future cruise deposit one that cannot be refunded, but you get that amount in OBC put onto the *current* cruise. Which I think would mean you can use the OBC as your deposit for the future cruise? Gets a little circular in my head, but that's my understanding of it. But since you've already gotten that OBC to use; it's gone now, it makes sense that you can't get it refunded if you cancel the future cruise. Make sense?

Get a sense of what you might want, that's my advice, and sign up early. We nearly missed getting to book onboard, because we kept putting it off.

Oh and I am 99.99% sure you can book onboard RCI for Celebrity, which is nice.

The OBB process is quite a bit different than DCL. They have two different options - pick your ship/date now or get a future cruise certificate. I have a copy of the flyer.

Attachments

• RCCL OBB Details.pdf
    445.2 KB · Views: 53
thank you
The OBB process is quite a bit different than DCL. They have two different options - pick your ship/date now or get a future cruise certificate. I have a copy of the flyer.
thank you SO much for that information. it just about answers everything. one question though, i see the obc is better if you book while on the ship as opposed to waiting, however can you move that sailing after the fact and still keep the credit? say i book for a september sailing but need to move it to october.

This is from the fine print on the bottom:

If the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise.

So it looks like if you move your cruise you probably lose the bigger OBC.

If the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise.

dh always tells me to read the fine print. :crazy2:.
thanks again so much bree, we haven't changed a date yet but it could happen one day. the other thing we need to think about is rccl seems to offer their sailings in canadian funds. we just booked one for $2600 canadian. today 1 u.s. dollar is the equivalent to $1.30 u.s., huge difference. i doubt they book in canadian funds on board so it might be less expensive for us to wait and book at home.
so much new information to ingest.

Aren't they doing that now on Disney? Making a firm reservation or what even they seem to eb calling a dummy booking? It's not a certificate, not yet at least, but they've just added something on Disney.

And royal just started what I mentioned above. The flyer is dated May of last year so it wouldn't show the newest stuff.

We are Crown & Anchor Diamond level.

In our experience, we've been able change the cruise date and keep the same OBB credit amount as long as it's the same length cruise.

If we change the length of the cruise (14-nights to 7-nights, and vice versa), the OBB credit amount changes based on the length of the new cruise.

Woody

Thanks for posting that info. I'm just a lowly Platinum member LOL and haven't cruised with them in a while.

:)This is good info to know, as we are sailing RCCL next spring 2016, and want to go again the follwng year for DD's graduation, not sure when we will be sailing in 2017 for that one though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter