Does online check in = room ready earlier?

Before online check-in, I think there was MAYBE one time out of a LOT of visits where my room wasn't ready when I got there well before the stated check-in time. (Ok, there was one time when they assigned me a room, and when I got up there I used the key no problem, opened the door, and could CLEARLY see that whoever was in there the night before hadn't left yet. Quick call using the public guest services phone in the building and within a few minutes, someone came and got me on a cart to get my new card at the desk. But I don't count that as "not ready" as the person WAS supposed to be out - and my newly assigned room was ready.)

I've done online check-in twice now - once I arrived early in the morning and not only was my originally assigned room ready (they "upgraded" me to a pirate room, which I didn't want), my requested "downgraded" room to what I had booked (though I think they gave me preferred, still better than a pirate room) was also ready. When I got to POP it was well after check-in time so clearly the room was ready.

I have only gone twice, and both times my room was ready and my requests were met. Last year, we arrived on a Sat early June by noon at POR, but my packet wasn't ready, and I still had to do everything all over again. I blame it on being our first visit and having to setup pins, etc. This year, we arrived on the Tue after July 4th weekend around 10am at POP, and it was a very quick and streamlined process - less than 2 mins to pull my packet and explain where my room was located.

It just increases your chances because they assign rooms this way. What matters most is how busy the resort is the night before. Your chances are also increased if you travel during slow times and arrive on a weekday.

This is what we do. We go the 2nd week of November every year and arrive on a Wednesday morning. :)

Did you use Magical Express? I have a theory that ME has an impact on having a room ready early since they know from that roughly when you're coming.

Yes, we use ME. About request I like upper floor in the farther building of the resort and it is always granted. I believe they don't get a lot of people asking to walk more.;)

We always do online check-in and so far, have always been able to get our room upon arrival, even when it was early.

At both AKL and AoA, the CM showed us the rooms on a map which were ready and at least came close to meeting our other requests, and let us choose. I know a lot of people have worried that with online check in, you won't be able to get a different room if you don't like what was assigned, but that definitely wasn't the case for us. It didn't even seem like anything was assigned already, or if it was, it was no big deal to change it.

The more requests you have, the less likely it is that your room will be ready early; ESPECIALLY if the request is "close to lobby/elevators"! Do you know how common of a request that is, in relation to the low # of rooms that meet this? Come on people...this is Disney, it requires walking, might as well get used to it, from the home base on!!! LOL! JK!
WDW resort check in times are: 3pm for regular rooms and 4pm for villas--any thing before that is pixie dust, imo! :banana::yay:

What is the earliest you can check in? We are arriving Thurs (non park day) and staying at All Star Music, but checking into AoA on Friday. I was hoping we could go to AoA at 7 am to check in and then head to Hollywood Studios-I don't even care about getting into our room, we drove so our bags can stay in the car, I just want to check in and be able to get the text when the room is ready. We don't plan to take a break til the afternoon around 3 anyway, but if we decide to NOT take a break, we want to be able to spend the whole day at the park and still get into our room that night. Is that possible? Or make sense? We did do online check in, don't have any special requests except close to transportation (LK suite)

What is the earliest you can check in? We are arriving Thurs (non park day) and staying at All Star Music, but checking into AoA on Friday. I was hoping we could go to AoA at 7 am to check in and then head to Hollywood Studios-I don't even care about getting into our room, we drove so our bags can stay in the car, I just want to check in and be able to get the text when the room is ready. We don't plan to take a break til the afternoon around 3 anyway, but if we decide to NOT take a break, we want to be able to spend the whole day at the park and still get into our room that night. Is that possible? Or make sense? We did do online check in, don't have any special requests except close to transportation (LK suite)

Their computers roll over at 6 am, so you will be allowed to check in at 7 am. They will even hold your bags for you, if you are driving to the parks and don't want to leave your bags in your trunk. Of if you have stuff that may melt in the heat.

In your experience, does checking in online result in your room being ready for you earlier? I hear a lot about people cautioning against checking in online if they have any requests at all. When we went two years ago, we did it online and arrived at GF at 11:30 am and our room was ready, which was awesome so we could change and turn around before heading out for the day.

But I also hear about people checking in at the front desk and being told their room won't be ready until 3 or 4pm. Just curious what people's experience is and if doing it online gives them a heads up to have it available to you earlier.

When we go this fall, my only request will be a room not on the ground floor. Not sure if that's worth waiting to do in person?

Thanks in advance! :)

Always checked-in online, always got my requests... Maybe I've been lucky. ;)

Their computers roll over at 6 am, so you will be allowed to check in at 7 am. They will even hold your bags for you, if you are driving to the parks and don't want to leave your bags in your trunk. Of if you have stuff that may melt in the heat.

Awesome, thank you!!! maybe we will go a little earlier then! I have a feeling my 5 year old will be up before the sun that first day for her very first trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter