Does linking reservations decrease chance of upgrade?

jeast

DIS Veteran
I know. It's a strange question. I booked a cat. 9 gty for Thanksgiving 2008. Then my mom booked. Then my brother and his family. We're all on a waiting list for 1st seating dinner, all in category 9, and our reservations are linked as 'traveling together'. Does that mean that we are less likely to get an upgrade? perhaps Disney will only upgrade us if there is an upgrade for all of us.

I didn't really expect one to begin with. I'm just curious if anyone knows?

Simple answer.....not always. Again there is no rhyme or reason. People have reported that they got upgraded with several cabins linked so you never know!!!

Good luck!!!

We just cruised on the wonder in September with 26 people. All of our reservations were linked, and we all booked cat. 12 gty's. Disney upgraded all of us to cat. 9's.:banana: I was shocked because some of our cabins only had 2 people in them and one of them only had one person in it. Maybe we were just lucky, but it sure was a lot of pixie dust or something.:cloud9: To make it even better, we were upgraded into rooms that were right next to each other. I just love DCL!!!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter