Does it really matter

kenspidey

Mouseketeer
Does it really matter where you buy in if you always travel in the low season? Those Vero Beach prices look awesome.

"Low Season" for Disney and "low season" for DVC reservations are often two very different things. It is often difficult to book DVC at 7 months at your preferred onsite resort. Many DVCers travel during the seasons when point requirements are lower.

I would at least purchase at a WDW based resort, so that you can book it at 11 months out and have a place to stay onsite, then try to change at 7 months to your choice of resort, if you haven't purchased at your preferred resort.

Is there really such thing as low peak times of the year at Disney anymore. It seems always busy with somewhere in the world either on holiday or spring break. Years ago I remember going and walking on rides but the past few years doesn't seem to happen as much.

Is there really such thing as low peak times of the year at Disney anymore. It seems always busy with somewhere in the world either on holiday or spring break. Years ago I remember going and walking on rides but the past few years doesn't seem to happen as much.

There's no "the parks are a ghost town" times anymore, through discounts and marketing, Disney has managed to eliminate most of those.

But there are times of the year that feel decidedly less crowded than others.

Don't forget the Maintenance fees for Vero Beach are very high as well. If you really aren't that concerned about where you stay, I would buy at SSR. Pretty low point cost and one of the lower maintenance fees.

Does it really matter where you buy in if you always travel in the low season? Those Vero Beach prices look awesome.

VB has annual dues $2+ per pt higher than the cheaper onsite resorts. that will cut into your savings.

VB is on the coast and has more risk of storm damage (i.e. even higher fees)

VB is not onsite at wdw and that means waiting till the 7 month window - no big deal if you travel during relatively low DVC periods like july but bad news if you travel during peak DVC periods like early december.

VB is not onsite at wdw and has a small risk of being removed from the DVC system.

low up front prices are nice, but they are low for a reason. it might work out fine for your situation, but you are definitely taking a risk...

Puff took the words right out of my mouth:scratchin, inital price looks great but those MF will catch you quick. SSR has about the best of both right now, and with it being one of the big resorts, MF shouldnt rise as quick as others. If not worried about 11 or even 7month booking look at all aspects not just intal buy in. Which in the long run is a small fraction of all expenses.

Where do you live? It is tough to get to VB for us and HH is closer and the MF are less, so we added HH points about 14 months ago. If you live close enough (or don't mind the distance) and are ok with actually having to stay there sometimes than VB might be a good option. Might HAVE to stay there if there is no availability at WDW at 7 months out, which there usually is somewhere....OR...if DVC decides to change the rules and make it so that we can only book our home resort. I agree with PPs that SSR is a good option (or OKW, though they have been getting ROFRd a lot lately).

I live in CT and I will probably go to HH from time to time, but I believe I will follow the advice here and add on at OKW or SSR

I live in CT and I will probably go to HH from time to time, but I believe I will follow the advice here and add on at OKW or SSR

if you want HHI in the middle of the summer, you might want to consider buying there. if you are looking at HHI during the spring or sept/oct, SSR or OKW is probably a great choice.

I'm going to agree with everyone else. If your primary vacation location is going to be WDW you probably want your points at WDW. That way you can at least book something onsite 11 months out if you need to then switch at 7 months.

I normally travel low season although that could change because of changes at work. I've had mixed results changing resorts. My home resort is OKW which I like but I frequently travel solo so I normally try to switch to STD view at BW or STD/Value View at AKL since the point requirements are similar. As you can see from my Signature Dec is pretty iffy on being able to switch, September has been much better. My one attempt early January, right after New Years yielded nothing.

There are good reasons why the resort prices are what they are. It isn't a mistake or a fluke, it's popularity, size and location.

:earsboy: Bill

Early February, late April (if Easter is early like this year), early May, September after Labor Day but before F&W starts are about all the easier time to get a reservation less than seven months out.

From the end of September through early January is one of the hardest time to get a reservation less than seven months out.

Buy VB if you want to visit VB. But I thought the Floridan Gulf Coast was much better than the Atlantic Coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter