Does Fro-Hate really make sense?

I rather liked the movie, mainly because of the broadway-show feel of the songs/musical score. But I've been living abroad for the past few years and there has not nearly been the saturation of Frozen EVERYwhere here in Europe (as it appears to be in the U.S.). I might get sick of it if I was bombarded with it daily everywhere I went. I'm moving back to the U.S. in a few weeks, so maybe I'll be shocked at the level of Frozen-mania.

I saw Frozen and it was a good movie but I have seen better. My kids are not into the Frozen mania which is fine with me.

By the way Frozen is not going away anytime soon because there is a sequel to the movie coming in the near future.

just came back from the new Cinderella movie - WOW! Great movie! If Disney doesn't sell 'the blue dress' everywhere I think they will be missing the boat big time (and note our Disney store is under going a renovation so if they are out I haven't seen them).

Frozen short was cute but the movie (Cinderella ) was AMAZING!!

Frozen is OK, but Princess and the Frog and Tangled were 100 times better. I'm upset that it's apparently going to take over Norway, which will no doubt showcase their great nation of oil, I mean magic ice exports.

I think Frozen was a very cute movie, as for a sequel, IMO none of the 'sequels' have come 'close' to the original!

We just came from 2 weeks at Disney and never even thought of 'Frozen' except when seeing it advertized on the buses. We are empty nesters and never went close to any of the 'Frozen' attractions - doesn't bother us in the least that it is the 'in' thing for little girls (or boys).

Disney would be crazy not to capitalize on it's popularity (and crazy, they're not!!).
I really do think they were surprised at just how popular it would be though!

just came back from the new Cinderella movie - WOW! Great movie! If Disney doesn't sell 'the blue dress' everywhere I think they will be missing the boat big time (and note our Disney store is under going a renovation so if they are out I haven't seen them).

Just back from Disney - Cinderella 'stuff' was available there. Our local store is under renovation also - we must live near each other LOL or else they're updating all the remaining stores.

My oldest niece LOVES everything Frozen, and cannot wait to go and meet Anna and Elsa :)

Us adults on the other hand, have to agree with the others though, Frozen doesn't even compare to Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast or Lion King!!! All 3 are my favorites :) But, we actually like Tangled more than Frozen!!

No.

Disney is supplying for the demand. As long as guests are paying the big bucks for special events, filling DHS for summer fun, buying up overpriced dresses and every toy they can get their hands on - Disney execs and shareholders are going to laugh their way to the bank. This isn't Disney forcing it on anyone, it's them capitalizing on the obsession with this movie. It's not the first movie that has become a staple in our kids lives and won't be the last.

Honestly I think the complaints are a bit over the top. There is really no Frozen in your face at the parks. You can easily avoid the sisters.

I am sick of Frozen and I blame Disney who keeps shoving it in places it does not belong. But that seems to be the current management style. Have one good idea every few years and just keep reusing it.

Just back from Disney - Cinderella 'stuff' was available there. Our local store is under renovation also - we must live near each other LOL or else they're updating all the remaining stores.

We are in Wake Forest - our Disney store is in Raleigh (NC). Should reopen in the spring sometime....we visit our Disney store when we're in WDW withdrawal (or we're in that area..)

Did they have 'the' Cinderella dress for kids?

Perhaps the OP is of the "If you're not with us you're against us." mentality.

Hehe... um no. As my avatar suggests, I am not a frozen maniac, or anything resembling one. In my fantasy land, everything would be Lion King themed. ;) So no "mentality" here.

Honestly I think the complaints are a bit over the top. There is really no Frozen in your face at the parks. You can easily avoid the sisters.

This. And the people that are saying you can't avoid it, that it's "all over the place" are being hyperbolic.

We saw Cinderella last night- Absolutely loved it! When a theater full of adults applaud when the shoe fits- you know it's good.

We are in Wake Forest - our Disney store is in Raleigh (NC). Should reopen in the spring sometime....we visit our Disney store when we're in WDW withdrawal (or we're in that area..)

Did they have 'the' Cinderella dress for kids?

Sorry, didn't look too closely at all the merchandise - just the cute mugs.

We 'are' neighbors!! :wave: We have a WF address, but live N. of Raleigh near Falls Lake!

No.

Disney is supplying for the demand. As long as guests are paying the big bucks for special events, filling DHS for summer fun, buying up overpriced dresses and every toy they can get their hands on - Disney execs and shareholders are going to laugh their way to the bank. This isn't Disney forcing it on anyone, it's them capitalizing on the obsession with this movie. It's not the first movie that has become a staple in our kids lives and won't be the last.

Frozen was definitely in your face at MVMCP this year! Even my daughter, who enjoyed Frozen and owns the movie, couldn't believe the castle lighting ceremony was taken over by Elsa and Ana. In her exact words, "Cinderella should come out of the castle and kick them off her turf!" It made her so mad that the only photo she didn't want taken during the parade was of the Frozen characters.

I can understand Disney responding to demand but to actually replace classic characters, attractions, etc. or push them into the background to continuing promoting that one movie...that's what I call "in your face"!

Here's hoping that at the very least this year's castle lighting ceremony returns to the lady who owns the real estate and her friends.

Time for a Frozen thaw!

Frozen was definitely in your face at MVMCP this year! Even my daughter, who enjoyed Frozen and owns the movie, couldn't believe the castle lighting ceremony was taken over by Elsa and Ana. In her exact words, "Cinderella should come out of the castle and kick them off her turf!" It made her so mad that the only photo she didn't want taken during the parade was of the Frozen characters.

I can understand Disney responding to demand but to actually replace classic characters, attractions, etc. or push them into the background to continuing promoting that one movie...that's what I call "in your face"!

Here's hoping that at the very least this year's castle lighting ceremony returns to the lady who owns the real estate and her friends.

Time for a Frozen thaw!

I disagree.

My daughter did not like the movie at all, feeling it was subpar to others such as Tangled. I enjoyed the movie, thought some characters cute (more a fan of olaf, the trolls and sven), wasn't wowed by the story or the overall creativity but I could see how it would have a big appeal to the audience and segway to Broadway. I'm never appreciative when I feel characters overtake "the world" or push out a true classic. An example would be many years ago when Pooh was on every single thing for sale whether it was tshirts, kitchen towels, toys etc. Then the worst was when they pushed out a true classic to do nothing more than create an overlay ride. I still think about Mr. Toad's Wild Ride every time I ride. Pooh was a huge money maker for Disney, he was outselling the Princesses. Disney provided for the demand for more Pooh. It eventually died back to an appropriate place but you still have a ride, play area, character meal of their own, their own parade floats and characters at three parks. Way more than the Frozen sisters have and the sisters aren't showing up on dish towels and other adult items.

I have been at Disney World 12 times with stays anywhere from 4 to 12 days since the movie came out. I went to the MVMCP where Elsa turned the castle to ice. I thought I wouldn't like it but being the castle is covered in ice, the show worked well. It wasn't long or intrusive, it made the lighting more fun. The front of Cinderella's castle facing the hub is hardly only Cinderella's castle. At the MNSSHP is is owned by the villains and the entire castle is transformed (with lighting) into an evil castle that night. On a regular day Castle stage shows are more about the Fab 5 and friends than anything else. It's a beautiful backdrop for all things Disney facing gardens and Main Street. The back however is totally owned by Cinderella with the BBB, entrance to the castle and her restaurant, the beautiful windows above giving it a regal look, her fountain and the connection it has to Fantasyland. It's like two castles in one. Disney has never designated the front as Cinderella only with it's entertainment, quite the opposite.

Elsa lit the castle with their Frozen Holiday show and they rode in the parade with all the other characters - and we finally got to see Olaf. Every child and some adults around me were so excited to see this lighting, more than any other year. Other than that I don't recall any other Frozen presence at the party. I just can't wrap my head around it being in your face.

:D
I disagree.

My daughter did not like the movie at all, feeling it was subpar to others such as Tangled. I enjoyed the movie, thought some characters cute (more a fan of olaf, the trolls and sven), wasn't wowed by the story or the overall creativity but I could see how it would have a big appeal to the audience and segway to Broadway. I'm never appreciative when I feel characters overtake "the world" or push out a true classic. An example would be many years ago when Pooh was on every single thing for sale whether it was tshirts, kitchen towels, toys etc. Then the worst was when they pushed out a true classic to do nothing more than create an overlay ride. I still think about Mr. Toad's Wild Ride every time I ride. Pooh was a huge money maker for Disney, he was outselling the Princesses. Disney provided for the demand for more Pooh. It eventually died back to an appropriate place but you still have a ride, play area, character meal of their own, their own parade floats and characters at three parks. Way more than the Frozen sisters have and the sisters aren't showing up on dish towels and other adult items.

I have been at Disney World 12 times with stays anywhere from 4 to 12 days since the movie came out. I went to the MVMCP where Elsa turned the castle to ice. I thought I wouldn't like it but being the castle is covered in ice, the show worked well. It wasn't long or intrusive, it made the lighting more fun. The front of Cinderella's castle facing the hub is hardly only Cinderella's castle. At the MNSSHP is is owned by the villains and the entire castle is transformed (with lighting) into an evil castle that night. On a regular day Castle stage shows are more about the Fab 5 and friends than anything else. It's a beautiful backdrop for all things Disney facing gardens and Main Street. The back however is totally owned by Cinderella with the BBB, entrance to the castle and her restaurant, the beautiful windows above giving it a regal look, her fountain and the connection it has to Fantasyland. It's like two castles in one. Disney has never designated the front as Cinderella only with it's entertainment, quite the opposite.

Elsa lit the castle with their Frozen Holiday show and they rode in the parade with all the other characters - and we finally got to see Olaf. Every child and some adults around me were so excited to see this lighting, more than any other year. Other than that I don't recall any other Frozen presence at the party. I just can't wrap my head around it being in your face.

Without question the castle is Cinderella's! Listen to what the fairy godmother says when asked in the old show about decorating the castle. She says they should ask Cinderella because "after all she lives here". Fairy godmother doesn't say that Cinderella lives in the back!:D

It is her castle being lit up, not the stage. We go every year during the holiday period and the previous show made sense. Cinderella said what she wanted and the fairy godmother granted her wish. Classic Disney.

Completely changing what was a MK holiday tradition is much more like sticking Frozen in my face than just seeing the merchandise everywhere. You can overlook clothes and toys but if you wanted to be there to see the castle lit this year you couldn't escape the Frozen part. How much more "in your face" can it get next to sticking Elsa and Ana on the sleigh with Santa...or worse, next to Mickey and Minnie on their float?

We've been to MNSSHP 5 times and that show has nothing to do with decorating the castle for a holiday. It's just a Halloween show that begins and ends and the castle returns to normal when it's over (the usual colored lighting). Totally different.

Can't argue whose castle it is at WDW...heck, they named it! Back and front, left side and right side, 1st floor and second, my daughter is right when she says it's Cinderella's turf!::yes::

Last edited:

LOVED the new Cinderella movie! :goodvibes

Tough to "follow the money". Frozen has done well. Sure. But take a look at the worldwide receipts for the Ironman franchise, the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and the Avenger/Thor/Captain America franchises. Collectively, they put Frozen to shame. So what have those franchises funded? As I say, it isn't really a "money in the box office/money out to the parks" equation.

I don't think anyone begrudges the Frozen success, and I only half-joke about the Ice Coaster. I think that some of what you are seeing is backlash against hard ticket events and cupcake/dance parties when what we would all like to see is cool E-Ticket Attractions. If Disney built a ride as cool (pardon the pun) as the Haunted Mansion, or Pirates of the Caribbean, or TSMM and themed it after Frozen, I don't think you'd hear much complaining here. But the stuff that WDW is doing with Frozen has sort of a desperate, spur of the moment feel to it and lacking in Imagineering or permanence. I don't think people hate Frozen as much as they hate slipshod opportunism.

The problem with the Marvel properties is the fact that they are hamstrung by the "agreement" with Universal about the use in the parks. They are prohibited from using their license in the state of Florida. Not sure about DL, but no Marvel in WDW. I would love to see more E-tickets, but unfortunately they take time and huge amounts of money....I imagine the HP stuff at US/IOA have been in the drawing boards for at least five years, since that is a dated franchise, but still very popular. Give Disney some time, they just finished the Fantasyland expansion, started Avatar and are setting the stage for an increased Pixar/Star Wars presence in HS. In the next five to six years we will see Disney rise to preeminence again. The fall out from the Eisner regime is still unfolding. It takes time to undo damage like that....although not sure Eiger is the one to lead this either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter