Does Formal night still feel magical in AP

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by canadiandisneyfamof4, Apr 29, 2013.

1. canadiandisneyfamof4

canadiandisneyfamof4 Mouseketeer

We did a lot of research to figure out the best request for dining rotation so that we miss our least favourite restaurant the night we want to go to Palo. This rotation will put us in AP for Pirate night (yay), but will also put is in AP for formal and semi formal night. I know AP is the least formal of the 3 restaurants on the FAntasy. We were in the enchanted garden for both formal and semi formal night last year.

My question is does formal night seem less formal in AP?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Justacruiser

Justacruiser Military Veteran

Probably detracts a bit from the whole formal thing if you are formal thing people, which I and my DW are not. You could put in a request not to be in AP on formal night. They could prabably swing that for you.

4. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

Which is more important to you, formal night or a pirate night? It sounds like the most important thing for you was to miss the MDR you dislike and go to Palo on that night. Perfectly good reasoning, but you can't have everything so if that Palo night is the most important, the 'cost' is formal night in AP. And 1/3 of the diners are going to be in AP for formal night, so it can't be that bad!

I think all the restaurants are fine. We were in Triton's for most of the formal/semi formal nights, and I liked that, but there were still people in shorts and very casual clothes, so it was far from perfect.

Nancy

5. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

No. We've done formal night in all the MDRs on the classic ships. The general "feel" of formal night is there.

6. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

No. Formal night feels less formal because each cruise we go on, less and less people dress up not to mention dress in formal attire :( And, when we first started cruising, the servers wore their tuxes on formal night. Now, being its the second sea day on the 7-night cruises, it's a rotational menu night so that's what they wear.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

7. NurseDave

NurseDave Mouseketeer

After hearing how few wore tuxes, I was surprised to see at least 25% of men in them last week if not more. I thought it would only be a few here and there, but everywhere you looked there was someone dressed to the 9s.

8. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

We have been in each of the MDRs for formal night a couple times and it honestly did not make a difference to us since the waiters were in tuxes, the menus were the same in all the MDRs, and most of the people we sat with were dressed formally as well. On the Fantasy it was a bit odd since the servers don't wear the tuxes at all and they use the rotational menu. I am more concerned about getting our favorite head server, though, and will deal with whichever rotation he is currently assigned to when we cruise.